FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Hale Tiki decor to be liquidated. Here's you chance to buy some.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Hale Tiki decor to be liquidated. Here's you chance to buy some.
Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-03 7:09 pm   Permalink

Fair enough. There was a time when I had thicker skin but I guess I just have a smaller sense of humor when it comes to this matter than I should.

Brad

View Profile of Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens Send a personal message to Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens  Email Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens Goto the website of Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 7:45 pm   Permalink

Brad wrote
Quote:

In fact, I am not sure where this is coming from but I will just say, if you don't have anything positive or nice to say, why say anything at all?

lanikai wrote
Quote:
Uh, because apparently it's more fun?
Just a guess.

Guess again... more fun you say? For who? Certainly not the readers. Your picking on Brad is easy and unoriginal. Been there and over done that! Move on with it already! Where are the moderators on this one? I thought if you had a bone to pick with someone we were to put it in a private PM to the person your pissy with. This is just plain stinky!

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki 2006-04-03 19:49 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 8:18 pm   Permalink

may your liquidation be a success and may you move on to your next venture smoothly. ignore the aholes.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 8:23 pm   Permalink

Well said Dawntiki!! I agree it's just plain stinky when people are petty & mean here. I would like to think that everyone would treat each other as they would like to be treated. It's probably just hard enough for anyone who has to pack up a part of their life without getting shots taken at them.

My 2 Cents!

Tikisgrl

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 8:28 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2006-04-03 19:45, DawnTiki wrote:
Brad wrote
Quote:
Your picking on Brad is easy and unoriginal. Been there and over done that! Move on with it already!

right you are. sorry; the ribbing went overboard. Can I blame it on da maitais?

[ This Message was edited by: lanikai 2006-04-03 20:28 ]

View Profile of lanikai Send a personal message to lanikai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-04 09:27 am   Permalink

[/quote]right you are. sorry; the ribbing went overboard. Can I blame it on da maitais?
[/quote]

Lanakai,

Are you not the guy who used to have TikiTrader here on the mainland in Ventura?? ( who would take payment and not ship?)

Did you blame that on the Mai Tais too??

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-04 09:28 am   Permalink

lanakai, lanikai, what eva.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-04 6:36 pm   Permalink

In February Brad wrote to me to let me know that my donation (Covarrubias-Art Forms Of The Pacific print) may be sold as part of the decor if the buyer wanted everything intact. He offered to send me a photo of the print in Hale Tiki if it sold or send it back if the sale did not go through. A couple days ago he said he was sending it back (framed!) with a photo and another painting I sent that he did not use. My dealings with Brad have always been positive (he sent me a mug) and so I can only say that patience and kindness can go along way. I have had a couple of minor problems with other TCers that were just misunderstandings that at the time seemed huge, but in the bigger scheme of life (and Tiki) turned out to be very tiny. I'm glad I did not air my annoyance here first as we are all friends now.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-12 7:52 pm   Permalink

The print was the center piece of the "Sven Kirsten Tiki Hall of Fame" wall. The print was surrounded by framed pictures donated by Sven. The pictures were all from the Book of Tiki.

Brad

View Profile of Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens Send a personal message to Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens  Email Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens Goto the website of Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-12 11:07 pm   Permalink

Aloha to you Brad.

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-13 1:20 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

The Ragin' Rarotongan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-15 10:56 am   Permalink

I am sorry I never got to Ga. to see the Hale Tiki at it's pinnacle. I live in Florida, and I kept putting it off and now it's too late. I do have the mug and some swizzles though, and Brad was really great when I ordered the stuff. I am sorry I never got to meet him, and I am sorry that Hale Tiki is gone, it looks like so much love and effort went into it. Please keep us poseted on the items for sale as I would like to buy a memento of the place.

Aaron

"Want a beer?'"...."It's 7:00 in the morning!"...."Scotch?"...."Not during working hours."

View Profile of The Ragin' Rarotongan Send a personal message to The Ragin' Rarotongan  Email The Ragin' Rarotongan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-16 2:31 pm   Permalink

Aloha Gang,

I am working on photos as we speak. Some items will be posted this week for sure.

Mahalo,

Brad

Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-20 8:33 pm   Permalink

All I need is the great memories of my visit to Hale Tiki, and my blue mug of course. Good luck Brad.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-25 10:55 am   Permalink

Any news on the liquidation sale? Not to rub salt in anybody's wounds or anything like that. It's a sad day when a tiki temple closes. We might as well make sure that the goods stay in the Ohana though, right?

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation