FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Denver Ohana-Happenings & Info
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Denver Ohana-Happenings & Info
tiki-el
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-12 06:40 am   Permalink

i'm an artist i have done lost of tiki stuff it s some of my favorite stuff to do. you can see some of it at
j-lew2021.deviantart.com/gallery i would love to do some of you guys p.m. me and let me know
Jon

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-el 2006-07-12 06:40 ]

View Profile of tiki-el Send a personal message to tiki-el  Email tiki-el     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-12 08:55 am   Permalink

Did anyone here go to the Tiki Boyd's dealio last night? If so how did it go?

Gest checkin'

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-12 09:44 am   Permalink

On Drinking and Drag Racing.

Quote:

On 2006-06-25 18:09, ZuluMagoo wrote:

At the height of the luau, I counted 43 guests, nice turnout. Fantastice event, food and especially the drinks ( I second Matterhorn, the Adventureland Punch was great).

Zulu

Here is the Adventureland punch thing again just in cas you want to try this at home.

This libation when mixed properly should resemble the murky blue green water often found in amusement parks. Like Matterhorn said to me, " greenish blue to hide the tracks ", OoooH Yuck! Come on Dive in!

The Concentrate:
It is stronly suggested that you make this mix in bulk prior to service.
Midori
Malibu Rum
Pyrat Blanco Rum
Blue Curacao
Orgeat Syrup
Pineapple Juice
Orange Juice
( The key is to balance the sweetness with the power of rum. Make it STRONG! )
Service Method:
After adding ice to your favorite mug add soda water then AP mix then another splash of soda. Top with a floater of dark rum, garnish and suck em' up! 2 of these should knock you on your ass!

Enjoy!

T.F.

FUN ALERT!!!!!!

Oh, and just a little reminder about my FAVORITE event of the Summer.

This weekend is the Mopar Mile High Nationals. Friday and Saturday are qualifying days and they rock because you get to see more of the big stuff, ( Top Fuel and Funny Car ), than on Sunday. Friday night kicks ass because you can see the ten food header flames. Sunday is the real race though. Anyone from TC who is interested in hooking up for this on Sunday, PM me and let me know. I will be having a post race wind down at my home bar on Sunday evening.

Lots of H20, ice cold beer & Burgers on the grill as this is what you NEED after a day of this nitro burnin'insanity.

If you haven't ever seen real top notch professional Drag Racing before, this will absolutely blow your mind!

May the Force be with you. John Force that is.

This is the Fink in Tiki Fink.

Over and out!

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Eleio the fleet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-12 11:54 am   Permalink

Aloha tiki-el!

I checked out your link and that is some incredible work!

Your talents are a definite asset to the Ohana and I'd like to chat with you offline about some ideas for the event.

Mahalo

View Profile of Eleio the fleet Send a personal message to Eleio the fleet      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-12 7:19 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: ZuluMagoo 2006-09-17 12:57 ]

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-13 09:29 am   Permalink

Thanks for the intel Zulu!

I had a feeling that the Old Curtis thing would be pretty half hearted.

As for the Boyd's thing, it is remarkably sad that the inspiration is fading. The Modern Drunkard crowd really needs it's own dedicated press club. That element alone really made Tiki Boyd's kind of special.

I for one am determined to get behind The Hut. I really hope that they dedicate a good amount of space to their bar and make it one of those places that you hate to leave once you have settled in.

T.F.

Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-14 4:32 pm   Permalink

I've been talking on and off with Troy Worgull who is the Architech behind "the Hut". He's doing his best to make it right although he doesn't quite know all there is about tiki and who's who. He did mention Bosko is in on it....and thats good. If anything goes wrong with the Bosko lead I'll do my best to introduce Troy to Bamboo Ben.
I did send him some pictures.....but with all the talent there is in the tiki world its a long shot. I'm just a bump on the ass of some of the amazing tiki artists and designers there are out there.
But either way.....I'll be there inhaling the beauty of it all....

-Happy Skull-ptures---

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Eleio the fleet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-14 5:21 pm   Permalink

If they're involving Bosko and at least making an attempt to do it right, then I feel more optimistic about the end product. A shame that none of us are creating such a place.

View Profile of Eleio the fleet Send a personal message to Eleio the fleet      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-el
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-15 07:38 am   Permalink

Eleio

I sent you a PM i hope you got it... I'm looking forward to doing some work for you... talk to you soon
thanks

View Profile of tiki-el Send a personal message to tiki-el  Email tiki-el     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-15 09:12 am   Permalink

Dale:

I would own one of your Tikis over Bosko any day.

T.F.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Fink 2006-07-15 16:11 ]

Eleio the fleet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-15 10:12 am   Permalink

I thought the interiors for Taboo Cove were pretty decent. His tikis are something else entirely.

Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-15 4:15 pm   Permalink

Woops. The art snob coming out.... Get back in there. Ahh . that's better.
Now where did I put my damned Mai Tai?

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Fink 2006-07-15 16:17 ]

Eleio the fleet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-18 09:24 am   Permalink

Aloha folks!

I'm gonna tweak the Tiki Links announcment a bit and then repost.

But while you're waiting remember....

Don't hang up your leis just yet. We're oiling up the torches, cutting up more fruit for garnish and our humble tiki party, featuring Eleio's Lost Island Lounge, will have one last summer hurrah! Mark your calendars as we'll be offering our final dose of aloha attitude on Saturday, August 5th as the Summer of Denver Tiki Madness continues. No costs for drinks this time (donations will be accepted if we begin to run a little dry) and since we've discovered a lack of acceptable Chinese in the area, we're encouraging everyone to dine before arriving and to bring a snack or finger food.

Make sure to stop by to enjoy the last of that "new tiki party" smell.

Oh, one other thing. As some of you noticed from the pictures of the last party, I was a little too wrapped up in playing host and bartender to get some good photos of the Ohana for Tiki Magazine. Well not this time! Those good folks have extended my window for these pics, so I'll be making sure to get them. Therefore, anyone who wants a chance at possibly ending up in the Fall issue, please make it to the party at or near the start. That way the I'll still have the daylight and everyone should still be sober enough to sit still for a picture or two. I still have those giveaways, as well!

Mahalo!

[ This Message was edited by: Eleio the fleet 2006-07-19 00:36 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Eleio the fleet 2006-07-31 17:20 ]

Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-18 4:27 pm   Permalink

Thanks Tiki Fink! I appreciate that. But Bosko does some great work and has probably been doing it the longest.....Can almost be credited with keeping Tiki alive. Even in the 70's when it really started to die. His look is more modern tiki, Florida style. Not my cup but still cool.
Ya know, this thread seems to be the only one I check any more. Just quickly inbetween diapers and work.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. Dale 2006-07-18 16:28 ]

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Eleio the fleet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-19 01:18 am   Permalink

Now that I've got a few of the bugs worked out, here's the first portion of the announcement:

Read further on for more information.

Mahalo!

-Eleio

[ This Message was edited by: Eleio the fleet 2006-07-21 00:27 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation