FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Denver Ohana-Happenings & Info
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Denver Ohana-Happenings & Info
caerthe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-18 11:50 pm   Permalink

Regarding Hula's arrival in Denver. Currently, there no Tiki and even if Hula's is only halfa**ed, it will be far more than what is available. Denver is still fairly conservative, so I don't expect them to really pour on the Tiki charm. If they do, excellent. If it's just a toned down island theme, well it's at least a start.

View Profile of caerthe Send a personal message to caerthe  Email caerthe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-19 09:32 am   Permalink

Zulu:

Sounds like a plan! I hav rezzies at Bali Hai for 5:30, so I will be there!

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Eleio the fleet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 9:56 pm   Permalink

Anyone know of a Chinese restaurant of a similar caliber as the Twin Dragon in Westminster?

View Profile of Eleio the fleet Send a personal message to Eleio the fleet      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-25 10:18 am   Permalink

Denver Ohana:

I am currently stocking six types of Tiki Farm mugs in my store and I am offering a special 15% discount for TCer's on Tiki Drink items and mugs. Here is a chance to get some great mugs (along with the booze to fill em'up) and avoid the shipping and the wait. Come in and say Aloha! Dont forget to mention that you subscribe to Tiki Central for the discount!

If these items sell well I will stock more styles! Prime Tiki season is almost upon us in Colorado, so this is a great way to fill that bar with great booze and mugs for your guests.

Store info:
Forrest Wine and Liquor
20239 East Smoky Hill Rd.
Centennial, CO 80015
Ph# 303-680-4166
Email
info@forrestwines.com

The mug styles are:

"The Goon"

"Drei Moai"

"Suffering Bastard"

"Flame Man Chu"

"Tiki on the Beach"

"Don Ho's Tiki Mug"

If you need to familiarize yourself with what these look like go to www.tikifarm.com

Suck em' up!

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-25 4:31 pm   Permalink

Dick Dale May 5th at the bluebird......I'm gonna try, still no baby as of now so I'm still gonna try and go until it happens.

Anyone going but my drunk friends?

-Happy Skull-ptures---

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seldomfed

Posted: 2006-04-28 08:37 am   Permalink

dear all,
If you live in or near Denver and like Hawaiian music don't miss our shows.
We do hapa-haole from the 30's and 40's, along with jazz and more contemporary Hawaiian - hopefully something for everyone to enjoy. Authentic Hawaiian quartet instrumentation - steel, uke, acoustic bass, archtop guitar. We sometimes work with our hula friends as well. If you missed our Swallow Hill concert last Fall, come see us at the Dragon Boat festival with
http://www.maunapohaku.org/ There's nothing quite like seeing a live Hawaiian band and 10+ hula dancers on stage all performing in perfect sychronization!

Next public performance is:
July 26 - Broomfield: 7 pm. Listen to the gentle strumming of ukulele, guitar, and Hawaiian Steel as we play Traditional and Swing music from the Islands as part of the Broomfield "Around the World" Summer Concert Series 2006 at the Broomfield Amphitheater (3 Community Park Road).

Keep tabs on our performance schedule, or book us for your private Luau, at our web...
www.book-em-danno.com

mahalo!
Kalika (Chris)
Book 'em Danno Hawaiian Swing Band

View Profile of seldomfed Send a personal message to seldomfed  Email seldomfed     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seldomfed

Posted: 2006-04-28 09:25 am   Permalink

Aloha,

just in... other shows not on the web site yet.
7-28 - Whole Foods Ft. Collins, evening concert
8-19 - Avo's in Ft. Collins , evening concert

Kalika (Chris)
Book 'em Danno Hawaiian Swing Band
http://www.book-em-danno.com

[ This Message was edited by: seldomfed 2006-04-28 09:27 ]

View Profile of seldomfed Send a personal message to seldomfed  Email seldomfed     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-28 4:20 pm   Permalink

Aloha, seldomfed......I just signed up for your mailing list.

Its cool to have ya in town.

I took my boy to the Dragon-boat festival last year. It was so Damn hot we didn't stay long. But we will try again this year. Hope to see ya.

Theres been talk of getting some kind of tiki fest here in Denver in the next couple of years. It would be great if you all could play. No details yet...just talk. But who knows...could be big.

-Happy Skull-ptures---

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-29 1:46 pm   Permalink

Tiki fest? Do you have any more info on something like this?

T.F.

Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-29 5:51 pm   Permalink

Bump..

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Fink 2006-04-29 17:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Fink 2006-04-29 17:52 ]

seldomfed

Posted: 2006-04-30 11:04 am   Permalink

aloha Mr. Dale,

thanks for the note, speaking of people in the Dale Clan, I see Dick Dale king of surf guitar is coming thru Ft. Collins again soon.

later,
chris

ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-02 8:35 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: ZuluMagoo 2006-09-17 12:49 ]

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
caerthe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-02 9:27 pm   Permalink

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Bill. May the tikis give you strength!

View Profile of caerthe Send a personal message to caerthe  Email caerthe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
caerthe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-02 9:54 pm   Permalink

Something that may be of interest to any carvers out there. I was driving by the intersection of Exposition and Havana (Aurora) today and noticed that on the west side of the street, the city had apparently cut down a very large tree. Anyway there's a huge trunk, roughly 4-5 feet in length and approximately 3 feet in width. I'm not into carving myself, but it looks perfect for someone who's looking for nice piece to carve tikis. Not sure what kind of wood either. I'm guessing at the weight, but I would say it's 300 pounds and will need more the 2 people to load it into a truck.

Not sure if anyone is interested, but thought I'd pass the info along.

Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-03 09:05 am   Permalink

Best wishes to Tiki Bill!

T.F.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation