FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Denver Ohana-Happenings & Info
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Denver Ohana-Happenings & Info
Eleio the fleet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-22 1:00 pm   Permalink

Aloha Ohana!

Just so you know, I've created a seperate thread for Tiki Links. After some consideration, I'd like to keep what info I've already posted on this thread, here.

Fink, Outrigger and HelzTiki have all been added to the roster that I've posted with the announcement on the Tiki Links thread. Please review the info I've included for you and contact me to add or change the info. Each listing is only for 2 people, so if you plan to have more, I need that info ASAP! Otto's announcement went out last night and I'm about to post this on a few different web sights and another community board within the next day or so, not to mention that I'll have flyers at the August 5th party. Therefore, the Ohana has first dibs on the slots, but you need to act pretty soon.

Since this is a first time event, there are a lot of unknowns on how this will all pan out, so I'm planning to stand firm on the 20 team max.

As always, keep those questions and feedback coming!

Mahalo!

[ This Message was edited by: Eleio the fleet 2006-07-22 13:01 ]

View Profile of Eleio the fleet Send a personal message to Eleio the fleet      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Eleio the fleet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-23 03:13 am   Permalink

Hey folks,

Just a quick note to let you know that we've hit the halfway point for teams.

Just give me a jingle if you're interested in playing.

-Eleio

View Profile of Eleio the fleet Send a personal message to Eleio the fleet      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-24 08:55 am   Permalink

FUN ALERT!

FROM HELL IT CAME
What happens when ages old island magic and modern day radioactivity combine as one?

One very pissed of living Tiki come back to RAISE HELL!

Rocky Mountain Tiki Newsletter and Tiki On The Town present Tiki Fink Theater.

August 26th 2006. Cocktail hour starts at 7:00 pm movie starts at sunset.
No fees no donation. Just bring your favorite Tiki mug. Tiki Fink Theater will provide radioactive island libations and of course plenty of popcorn.

There is limited seating for this event so RSVP via post, email or PM to Tiki Fink or Zulu Magoo

Hope to see you there!

Mahalo,

T.F.

Address: Tiki Fink's Shack 1415 South Cherry Street Denver, 80222

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Fink 2006-07-24 09:08 ]

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Eleio the fleet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-24 12:32 pm   Permalink

Looks like fun!

That day is a little hectic for us, but count us in.

-Eleio

Eleio the fleet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-31 5:22 pm   Permalink

Aloha everyone!

Two quick reminders:

-The openings for the Tiki Links tournament are filling up. Reserve a spot for your team today.

-There's gonna be a tiki party this weekend!

Don't hang up your leis just yet. We're oiling up the torches, cutting up more fruit for garnish and our humble tiki party, featuring Eleio's Lost Island Lounge, will have one last summer hurrah! Mark your calendars as we'll be offering our final dose of aloha attitude on Saturday, August 5th as the Summer of Denver Tiki Madness continues. No costs for drinks this time (donations will be accepted if we begin to run a little dry) and since we've discovered a lack of acceptable Chinese in the area, we're encouraging everyone to dine before arriving and to bring a snack or finger food.

Make sure to stop by to enjoy the last of that "new tiki party" smell.

Oh, one other thing. As some of you noticed from the pictures of the last party, I was a little too wrapped up in playing host and bartender to get some good photos of the Ohana for Tiki Magazine. Well not this time! Those good folks have extended my window for these pics, so I'll be making sure to get them. Therefore, anyone who wants a chance at possibly ending up in the Fall issue, please make it to the party at or near the start. That way the I'll still have the daylight and everyone should still be sober enough to sit still for a picture or two. I still have those giveaways, as well!

Mahalo!

Eleio the fleet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 01:06 am   Permalink

Spent some time at Colorado's nearest answer to tiki, at least at the moment: The Original Castaways in Manitou Springs.

This place has been promoted before to the Denver Ohana and I strongly suggest that you try to make it down for a visit before the summer ends. My wahine and I have had a few really excellent experiences there, but this weekends visit was something entirely different. The decor is still there, as you'll see, and the owner is the same, but we got a very odd feeling from the staff, that leads us to believe that the restaurant/bar may be in trouble. Their thoroughly delicious guacamole is off the menu, in addition to all of their pasta dishes (equals about one half page of the menu). Also, there were significantly less people there than what we've ever experienced on a Saturday night. The staff didn't attempt to explain this, they just shrugged their shoulders.

Anyway, I could be wrong, but my overall gut feeling is that the restaurant is in trouble and it wouldn't hurt for folks who've been putting off their visit, to go and take a look while there's time.

Here's a few shots of what you'll see:

Some Ohana of mine

Yes that is a full sized canoe across the ceiling.

Some booths

The low light setting requires one to keep their hands impossibly still. Oh to have a tri-pod

The Original Castaways Tiki

Mahalo!

Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-03 7:24 pm   Permalink

The Finks are off to sunny Scottsdale, AZ to meet up with some Ohana from Arizona and points beyond. We are gathering at the swanky space age Hotel Valley Ho / New Trader Vics. I will certainly fill everyone in on what is going on in Denver!

Will post some shots here when we get back.

Have a great weekend everyone!

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Eleio the fleet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-04 09:01 am   Permalink

Best wishes for a safe journey to you and Mrs. Fink!

If you can, bring back a few swizzles for those of us who can't make it. I'd definitely pay you a few bucks for a couple.

Have a groovy time.

Mahalo!

-Eleio

tiki-el
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-13 08:08 am   Permalink

I'm getting married!!!! We are playing a Tiki theme reception... one: what would be a good rum based drink to have as a signature drink? some thing that has not too much liqueur in it ( to keep cost down ) Two: I remember saying there is a woman in town (Denver) that makes lays? if i could get hat info that would be awesome

oh and I'm working on a Denver Ohana sign that can be moved form event to event

View Profile of tiki-el Send a personal message to tiki-el  Email tiki-el     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Eleio the fleet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-13 3:51 pm   Permalink

Hey el,

Congrats on the news! My opinion is that life is better with a partner.

The Little Grass Shack makes leis and you'd have to back track a bit in the posts, but I'm pretty sure it's between pages 2-5 that I listed their info.

Mahalo!

-Eleio

tiki-el
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-14 09:33 am   Permalink

Last night I went to the The Bamboo Lounge in Boulder. It is a large building that has a large open patio aria. There is a large fence around the patio, with some bamboo mats on it. There is a large elephant with flowers coming out of is trunk on the back wall. The main bar is on the patio, they have an inside aria but I did not go inside. It is nice but needs some work, but there it just opened this month.

The music was not exotica at all. It was this dance mix, world music stuff that skipped a lot.

The food looked good but I did not have any. The drinks, well the had one drink that was there special called a Goombay Smash. The smash had; light rum, dark rum, orange juice, pineapple juice, and lime juice. It was good but the selection of tropical drinks was limited. I asked the bar tender for a zombie and she didn't know how to make one. She asked if is was like a long island, she even said the Gomday was like a long island.I don't think she could make any of the stander tropical drinks if I asked. One drink on the Specials had fresca in it, but they didn't have any yet, and one had blood orange infused tequila and they didn't have that ether. But like i said they just opened. I think that if people go and request ma tie's, blue hawaiian's, sidecars and other tropical's they will get the hint, the place has a ok start but needs some work

really it just makes me miss Boyed's

View Profile of tiki-el Send a personal message to tiki-el  Email tiki-el     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-17 11:14 am   Permalink

I actually got out Saturday night with a friend of mine for all of two hours! We went to Benders Tavern and then over to Cricket on the Hill to catch an hour of Denver Joe. What a riot! Nothing like a drunk cussin' cowboy singin the classics to make your night.
But anyway.....did ya all know that Benders has a "tiki patio"? Well, thats what they call it. They even have a sign that says just that, Tiki Patio. I never knew it was there as the hallway to it is past the bathrooms and outside. Its not much....nice patio, few umbrellas, a grass awning over a door that leads to a bartender (?) There wasn't a bartender there. the door was closed. There were people on the patio but no bartender or waitress. I'm trying to reach Tyson of the railbenders to see what the plan is. Hopefully a retro guy like him will kick it up a bit and make it something worthy of the bar and stage that Benders is known for.

-Happy Skull-ptures---

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Eleio the fleet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-18 1:39 pm   Permalink

Just FYI that there are only three openings left for Tiki Links.

Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-19 4:32 pm   Permalink

Just a little reminder. We are a week out from Tiki FInk Theatre.

8/26/2006 1415 South Cherry St. Denver, CO 80222

Cocktail Hour Starts at 7:00 / Movie after sunset. This is a limited seating event so if you want to attend and you have not sent your R.S.V.P to Tiki Fink or Zulu Magoo, do so by Email or PM right here on TIKI CENTRAL!!!

What happens when ambient radiation from nuclear testing and ancient island magik are combined with murder?

One super pissed off living tiki hell bent on revenge!!!!!

Special cocktails for this evening will include

Fink's Mai Tai ( as close to Trader Vic's Original as I can get )
and Tobango's Revenge!!!!!!!

Don't forget your favorite mug!!! And see you there!

T.F.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Fink 2006-08-19 16:34 ]

Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-20 10:59 am   Permalink

Fun Alert:

My dear friend Lauri Murphy who owns and operates Capsule Gallery and Events Center is holding a Modernism Show next Weekend. To my recollection this is the first time there has been an event of this kind in Denver. The event is on Friday and Saturday night 8/25-8/26. Personally I hope you come to Tiki Fink Theatre on Saturday but Friday's Preview party should be a blast. There will be 30 vendors with plenty of way out googie modern treasures!

Admission for the party is $10.00 but well worth it. ( Should include libations )

CAPSULE ART AND EVENT CENTER

554 Santa Fe Drive
Denver, CO 80223
303-623-3460

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Fink 2006-08-20 16:14 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation