FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Denver Ohana-Happenings & Info
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Denver Ohana-Happenings & Info
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-09 4:18 pm   Permalink

Tiki Bill is a great guy, always friendly and always ready to support the tiki world. He has awesome stories and has seen most of the world. Best wishes Tiki Bill, my wife says hello too.

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-09 4:24 pm   Permalink

Also just a note, cause I'm the proudest papa ever. We had a baby girl May 2nd at 5:25 pm. -Bella Josephine Sawin-
She and her momma are just beautiful!
Amy did it all natural again and made it through pure hell and came out smiling.
Gotta tell ya, its an amazing thing to behold, babies will make you believe in life and love and pure joy all over again.

-Happy Skull-ptures---

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-11 09:55 am   Permalink

Congrats Mr. Dale!

Just got back to town from Oasis 6. It was really a blast, but somehow i missed hooking up with Zulu. This was our first time at Oasis but it won't be our last. I can't wait for next year. Everyone was extremely friendly and awesome.

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matterhorn1959
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-12 06:25 am   Permalink

Best wishes to Tiki Bill, get well soon. And congratulations to Mr. Dale.

View Profile of Matterhorn1959 Send a personal message to Matterhorn1959  Goto the website of Matterhorn1959     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-12 10:17 am   Permalink

Aloha!

I just wanted to let everyone in on something that's happening next Wednesday night. The Denver Cruiser Ride starts it's 2006 inaugural ride. This is primarily a ride for Beach Cruiser type bikes but all bikes and bike enthusiasts are welcome. The ride starts at 7:00 at the Paris Wine Bar, located at 15th and Platte. The ride continues on to three other locations and ends around 11:00 or so.

I went on several of these rides last year and they are a blast. This is basically a nutty bicycle bar crawl. Almost like a Tiki Oasis on wheels.

The first ride is sponsored by Steamworks Beer and there will be schwag and super cheap beer deals on the ride.

For more info and details go to
www.denvercruisers.com

Hope to see you there!

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-el
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-14 07:04 am   Permalink

I just moved to the boulder aria and i'm looking a good bar where they make good tiki drinks... any help

View Profile of tiki-el Send a personal message to tiki-el  Email tiki-el     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-16 09:53 am   Permalink

Just Curious.

How many Denver Ohana have home Tiki Bars or are considering building one?
Are you indoors or outdoors?

If so, chime in. Post Pics etc.

I am in the building process myself and I would love to exchange thoughts with those of you in Denver / Colorado, on what you are doing and how you are doing it.

As for my project, I live in a classic H.B. Wolff 1954 midcentury modern home i Krisana Park. The issue of making Tiki not Tacky is pretty important. With my outdoor Tiki Bar I have chosen to go with a Tiki augmented Space Age scene rather that go nuts with thatching and such. Tikis compliment this kind of architecture very nicely, so I am going with those strengths and letting plants, lighting and well chosen music take it home. BTW the name of my home bar is The S.S. Ratfink. Hope to see you there as soon as it's done!

Pics to follow soon.

T.F.

caerthe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-17 12:32 am   Permalink

I temporarily remolded my garage into a Tiki bar for my wife's birthday. I'll be fully converting our basement as soon as I have the $ to make this happen.

View Profile of caerthe Send a personal message to caerthe  Email caerthe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
caerthe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-17 12:45 am   Permalink

Just a general FYI.

In the effort to support and promote the Denver Ohana, I'm willing to bring my Tiki bar to any of the parties currently being discussed. The party would have to jive with my work schedule (some weekends), but it's very functional and sets up with ease (Velcro-the divine gift). Just let me know.

Caerthe

View Profile of caerthe Send a personal message to caerthe  Email caerthe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-el
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-17 07:43 am   Permalink

I'm going to build one but I'm not suer when... I have a lot of the stuff I just need the bar... i'll probably wait until I'm done renting i place and get ready to buy

View Profile of tiki-el Send a personal message to tiki-el  Email tiki-el     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-18 9:16 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: ZuluMagoo 2006-09-17 12:51 ]

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-19 10:00 am   Permalink

Good to hear about a new issue of the newsletter. Another Tiki on the Town would be great.

Zulu:
We caught a ride out to Bali Hai earlyish with Rugby Matt and as you know, once the dining and festivities got started everything got pretty chaotic in a Tikiriffic fun way. Hope you had as good a time as we did!

T.F.

Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-21 11:30 am   Permalink

Tiki Fink.....I'm gonna try and get down tp the bike night some night...been a cruiser boy for years. Amy will have to stay with the baby but I'll bring my boy Eddie Jack.

Hope to see Tiki Bill soon. Zulu....Tell him we said hi. I have some pictures of him and my son when he bought a maoi from me. I'll post them here soon. Great guy.

We dont have tiki bar, Amy wanted an Italian porch theme place in the back. Tiki takes up the living room in a mild way.
But I would love to host an early evening get together tiki style bbq some night. When I finish the trellis and the cobblestones I'll figure it out and let everyone know. Bring the Kids too.

Love the vibe coming from all you. Its downright cool!

Mahalo, Mr. Dale

Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-22 1:56 pm   Permalink

Denver Ohana:

The Tiki Finks are looking at a tentative date of Sat. June 24th at Casa Tikifink or S.S. Ratfink as it were. We are planning a pretty extensive Luau with food, hosted bar and entetainment. Denver's own mini Oasis / Hukilau etc..

Our intent is that this become an anual event. With this in mind we would like to come up with a Tikiriffic name for this shindig. I have several Ideas of my own so before the invites go to press, I would like to open this forum up to the Denver Ohana for suggestions because we want this to be your party!

Ideas? Chime in!!!
Don't be shy!

T.F.

caerthe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-22 4:04 pm   Permalink

My suggestion is "TikiFink's Hana Hou Hoapili!" which translates to "One more time good friends!-If I arranged the words correctly.

Maybe a little weird for the first party, but can become a trademark name for every annual party, thereafter.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation