FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Denver Ohana-Happenings & Info
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Denver Ohana-Happenings & Info
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-23 09:22 am   Permalink

Cool! Very Cool! That name is not really off base because I have been throwin' a semi - anual luau party since 1996. This one comming up will probably be #7 or 8,
but since this the first at my new and permanent pad, I want to start some new traditions including a new name.

Keep those ideas coming!

Thanks!

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-el
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-24 08:11 am   Permalink

what about "Tiki Fink's Semi - Annual Super Happy Fun Time Luau Extravaganza and Record Swap"

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-el 2006-05-24 08:14 ]

View Profile of tiki-el Send a personal message to tiki-el  Email tiki-el     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Outrigger Dave
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-24 10:26 am   Permalink

Aloha All!

I just discovered this site today. I was pretty bummed when Boyd's closed down, so it's good to see that Tiki is alive and well in denver dispite this setback.

View Profile of Outrigger Dave Send a personal message to Outrigger Dave      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-24 10:48 am   Permalink

Welcome to TC Outrigger Dave! More Colorado Ohana!! Excellent!

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-24 4:19 pm   Permalink

Welcome Dave! An Arvada boy too! Where ya live?

Tiki Fink.....howz about "Tiki Den Fink fest", Says it all doesn't it? Has a nice rhime to it to.

-Happy Skull-ptures---

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-24 4:30 pm   Permalink

Or...."Denver Finks Tiki Fest" Gotta lay ownership to it ya know.

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-25 10:44 am   Permalink

Like the branding idea!

If anyone has suggestions for entertainment please post. I am looking into booking Ukelele Loki and a Javanese Gamelan so far.

T.F.

Outrigger Dave
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-25 12:43 pm   Permalink

Anything that has to do with a Tiki gathering sounds good to me!

For a name, how about The Mysterious Island of the Tiki Finks?

Just a thought. What do you think?

View Profile of Outrigger Dave Send a personal message to Outrigger Dave      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-25 8:48 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: ZuluMagoo 2006-09-17 12:52 ]

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
caerthe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-25 10:09 pm   Permalink

I like Outrigger's suggestion, but with one small change:

Luau at the Mysterious Island of the Tiki Finks

View Profile of caerthe Send a personal message to caerthe  Email caerthe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-el
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-26 08:06 am   Permalink

sorry to change the subject, but has any one seen the add in the Westword for a tiki loung in the Ramada where Boyd's used to be? i was just seeing if anyone had more info? I'm just not suer if Boyd's is back or if the hotel took what was there and is now doing something with out Boyd involved.

View Profile of tiki-el Send a personal message to tiki-el  Email tiki-el     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-26 09:39 am   Permalink

Dave:

That's the ticket. Your Idea really got me thinking. Visit the island of the Tiki Finks, live among them, do as they do, observe their savage rituals, if only for the evening.

Im' sold. The Mysterious Island of the Tiki Finks #1 it is!

T.F.

Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-26 10:12 am   Permalink

Just saw the ad for the Tiki Lounge at Rockmada. What's the scoop? I wonder if it is as lame as I think. What's in a name? Tiki Lounge? Now somebody really spent time with their thinkin' fez on to come up with that one.

T.F.

Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-26 6:29 pm   Permalink

OK, here's the reply to my own question. The former Tiki Boyd's now known as Tiki Lounge, is pretty terrible. I had to investigate after hearing about the ad in Westword. I was only there for about five minutes but they now have where once was some thoughtful decor, a bunch of fake surfboards and Cabo- Waboesque liquor shwag. The lighting levels have been turned up too much and to top it all off they were blasting The Scorpions. Not the good kind, the kind you can drink mind you.

As for their Tiki pool party, it was strictly guarded by barrel chested gents with walkie talkies and ear buds. How relaxing!

I guess you can call anything you like Tiki but you can also call SPAM food.

T.F.

Eleio the fleet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-26 11:25 pm   Permalink

I say this from personal experience and to the best of my knowledge.

The person running "Tiki Lounge" has no real concept of Tiki and no real interest in either the theme or lifestyle. This person has no intent to spend the actual $ it would require to transform this pitiful location into a true Tiki locale and has taken advantage of numerous individuals in order to capitalize on their talents, expertise and knowledge to further his own skewed vision and fill his wallet.

View Profile of Eleio the fleet Send a personal message to Eleio the fleet      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation