FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Denver Ohana-Happenings & Info
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Denver Ohana-Happenings & Info
tiki-el
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-02 09:31 am   Permalink

i'm in just let me know when and were a couple drink ideas (and some of my faves)

Zombie
melon-ball - its real easy O.J. vodka and midouri
mix O.J. and vodka and add midouri until it is a bright lime green garnish with lime

View Profile of tiki-el Send a personal message to tiki-el  Email tiki-el     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Eleio the fleet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-02 5:41 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki-el,

Excellent! Those are both right-on-target suggestions.

That should cover the spectrum, with one exception.

I've heard of a Kahlua tiki drink with Bailey's and other ingredients and I'm hoping someone may know what this is. I've found quite a few obviously Irish concoctions with these ingredients and maybe this drink is just one of these that's been "tiki-fied", but I'm hoping one of you might be able to steer me in the right direction.

Mahalo!

View Profile of Eleio the fleet Send a personal message to Eleio the fleet      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-03 5:43 pm   Permalink

I am pleased to announce this event. The first annual Mysterious Island of the Tiki Finks, to be held on Saturday, June 24th from 4:00pm - 10:00pm (or whenever the torches run out of fuel). The event starts with cocktail hour and rounds of croquet for Mai Tais, followed with island treats and at sunset, the musical stylings of Colorado's own, Ukulele Loki!

No cover no tickets! As we the Tiki Finks are providing the food, beverage and entertainment, we simply ask anyone who wishes to attend for a donation of whatever seems reasonable.

Hope to see you there!!!!!

Any questions feel free to send me a PM.

Info on Loki
http://www.ukuleleloki.com

Graphics courtesy of Zulu Magoo. Thanks Zulu!!!!!

T.F.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Fink 2006-06-03 17:36 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Fink 2006-06-03 17:40 ]

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-04 9:10 pm   Permalink

More stuff and things.

Looks like we have a Gamelan to drift us off into the night for Fink Island.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-el
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-05 08:46 am   Permalink

I would like to come to The first annual Mysterious Island of the Tiki Finks but I don't get off work until nine on Saturdays and I'm coming form Boulder do you think that you'll be going that long? well if not maybe i'll just have to come to the next one.

View Profile of tiki-el Send a personal message to tiki-el  Email tiki-el     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-05 11:14 am   Permalink

Tiki-El:

I am sure you will catch the last two hours at least.

T.F.

Eleio the fleet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-05 3:51 pm   Permalink

My beloved wahine and I will be there.

View Profile of Eleio the fleet Send a personal message to Eleio the fleet      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-05 7:15 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: ZuluMagoo 2006-09-17 12:53 ]

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-el
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-06 06:59 am   Permalink

well good i'm in
my girl and i will be there tiki's in hand

Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-06 12:48 pm   Permalink

Hello All!

Thanks for the response! We are looking forward to having everyone over to the Shack!

T.F.

Outrigger Dave
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-07 1:35 pm   Permalink

Count me in! + 1 Sounds like a super cool time!

View Profile of Outrigger Dave Send a personal message to Outrigger Dave      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 1:57 pm   Permalink

Outrigger Dave:

I should hope you can make it , you named the damed thing after all!!

Cheers!

T.F.

Eleio the fleet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 9:14 pm   Permalink

Aloha folks!

Found a cool little shop today and thought I'd share.

The Little Grass Shack-Spreading Aloha with Fresh Flower Leis.
2343 W. 44th Ave.
Denver, CO 80211
720-974-4090

They also have a selection of Hawaiian treats, music, beads and some art.

One suggestion I'll be making to my friends for our party is that we host a lei making class. We'll need an 8 person minimum and the cost is $14 per person for the supplies (orchids, needles and string) and $30 for the instructor. I'm not a florist, but I haven't been able to find anyone who could make leis cheaper in this city. For that matter, I haven't found anyone (till now) who made leis in Denver. The wife and I spent nearly $90 for a pair of carnation leis that were shipped from Hawaii in December, so this is a major find for us. In addition to the classes, she also has a wide variety of leis that can be pre ordered and some Kukui nut and shell leis available on site.

Little Grass Shack's web address is:
www.SpreadingAloha.com
I'll warn you; however, that her site will be down until the beginning of next week.

Just thought I'd spread the word.

Mahalo!

Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-11 11:18 am   Permalink

Quiet around here lately..

I hope that the Denver Ohana are getting ready for the Luau. It's going to be great to see all of you! Special offerings to the Tiki gods for good weather. We here at the Tiki Finks shack have been putting our new bar through some rigorous testing lately! I do believe we are go for launch!

Cheers!

T.F.

tiki-el
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-14 06:58 am   Permalink

just saying i'm ready...

if any one is looking for tiki tattoos i just opened my new shoppe in Boulder it is on 28th and Valmont. the shoppe is called Freakys at 2870 28th st. phone is 303 413 0420 ask for Jon Lew (thats me) i'll get you all a good deal if you say that you saw the post on the tiki message boards

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation