FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tahitiki's carvings - new bone carving - 01/08/11 - page 22
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Tahitiki's carvings - new bone carving - 01/08/11 - page 22
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-06 11:19 am   Permalink

Wonderful carve!

Love the head dress... something very original and eye catching!

Nice deep mouth and some greatly detailed chompers!

The other Ku turned out great also... very resourceful using those candle holders to free the tiki inside!

You do very well thought out and super clean work, and these last two offerings are no exception.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-06 11:22 am   Permalink

Hi Tahitiki,

I have to say that I said myself by seeing the first picture : ho no, another teasing picture and we'll have to wait a lot of time to see the masterpiece finished.
Then I got to the bottom of the page, breathless and said to my wife to come to see if this thing was real and WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW ! We both said : amazing mo' perfect than perfect one !
The Ku head is perfect but the last one is more perfect than perfect !

Thanks for the motivation !

Mahalo,

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-06 12:27 pm   Permalink

Love both the new ones, especially the little ku! Lot's of charm in that one!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-07-07 06:46 am   Permalink

TikiMango, Ben, drasticwagon, Lake Surfer, benella and BigT, thanks all of you guys for such great comments, I appreciate a lot your feedback.
Ben... better than chicken soup... nice!!! you know, carving for me is becoming my soul food, it's the best way for me to disconnect fully and put my mind to rest, an awesome feeling.

Benella, you said: ho no, another teasing picture and we'll have to wait a lot of time to see the masterpiece finished... man, I'm the slowest carver in the world I guess, when I read other posts and check you guys work, I'm always amazed at how fast you guys are... amazing. Glad miss Benella loves the carve too.

Regarding the headrest, I was trying to come up with a different style, I just wish I had given the headrest more of a shape (before carving the curves) instead of just following the lines of the log. Or maybe make the mouth a 1/4" smaller the the headrest... some like that. I guess I'll just have to make a bigger one one day and fix all the issues I haven't addressed on this one. I'm also wondering if I should cut the space between the teeth all the way done or not.

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-07 07:56 am   Permalink

tahitiki,

you know what they say, your biggest critic is always going to be yourself. you've done a wonderful job with the headdress. the lines flow beautifully. he is a beautiful little ku. keep up th good work.

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-07 10:29 am   Permalink

smooth!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-07 10:40 pm   Permalink

Nice Tight well controlled carve and looks incredible.
Nice work.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grapa-RuHa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-08 12:03 am   Permalink

Very beautiful work.

View Profile of Grapa-RuHa Send a personal message to Grapa-RuHa  Goto the website of Grapa-RuHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-08 3:33 pm   Permalink

Wow! That Ku's body is "chiseled"!...I bet he works out.
Stunning, and clean...I might have to do one of those!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Watango productions
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-08 6:41 pm   Permalink

Killer stuff,you've made my day!Cheers Watango

View Profile of Watango productions Send a personal message to Watango productions  Email Watango productions     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-07-09 07:16 am   Permalink

Big daddy, Clarita, seeksurf, Grapa-RuHa, surfintiki and Watango thanks for the praises.
Regarding the body I was going for that chiseled Hawaiian look you know. I'm pretty happy by the way it came out.
As I was checking you guys messages I couldn't help noticing how cool TC is. On this page so far there is posting from 5 different countries. Argentina, Australia, France, Netherlands and the US including five states. I found that way cool.

[ This Message was edited by: Tahitiki 2009-07-09 07:16 ]

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-11 07:24 am   Permalink

I think this one tops the rest..... Great design, character and carve.

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-13 4:42 pm   Permalink

Perfect design! I applause!

J.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 1:38 pm   Permalink

Bump!!!Where ya at !!!

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nomolos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 7:58 pm   Permalink

wow!!

View Profile of nomolos Send a personal message to nomolos      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation