FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tahitiki's carvings - new bone carving - 01/08/11 - page 22
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Tahitiki's carvings - new bone carving - 01/08/11 - page 22
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-15 11:54 pm   Permalink

The drum and the tiki look amazing as always.
Congrats on the little boy, he will change your life, trust me !

Mahalo,

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-16 12:49 am   Permalink

Man, that's some of the cleanest, keenest work I've ever seen. The force is strong in this one!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-16 10:46 am   Permalink

SWEET. Nice work. The flair on that log really adds an extra dimension to it.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-09-16 4:43 pm   Permalink

Maruru for all the good words and congrats, you guys are all amazing carver so it means a lot.
I've been getting inspired by some of the Coco Joes tiki's, the lines on some of them are just amazing. I'm staining the bark with a light coat of brown, and the carve will just be varnished with a satin finish, giving the tiki a nice golden glow... hopefully. I might add more details later, but I'm not sure, the bottom part of the log is pretty coarse. I used a barbecue brush to make it look more coarse, it gives it a weathered look that is kinda cool. I'll add some close-up later so you guys can see the texture it creates. I'm not even sure how i am going to sign this thing, some parts are just crumbling down, I hope the finish will help, if it doesn't I might have to use some resin as the last coat... we'll see.

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kino
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-16 11:48 pm   Permalink

[quote]
[i]On 2009-09-15 20:11, Bowana wrote:[/i]
There's nothing left for me to say that hasn't already been said about your cool work! I should have gotten here sooner!

[/quote]

+1

View Profile of Kino Send a personal message to Kino      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-22 11:22 am   Permalink

congrats about your son! i hope you are going to keep the Ku, very cool tiki brother to have specially if you were born almost at the same time

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki

Posted: 2009-09-25 10:56 am   Permalink

Here is a quick shot of the kind of texture I'm working with on the KU:

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-25 11:17 am   Permalink

Patience and skillful execution results in this..some of the most impressive palm carves I've seen in awhile - really! The Ku's chisel work is like fine bristle painting - very, very studious obviously.

Can't wait to see more of the drum too..

Thanks for keeping us updated with your posts. Cheers to you Tahitiki!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-26 05:01 am   Permalink

Tahitiki, I can't Believe how Perect you get your carvings, Even in palm! Your KU is good enough to belong in a Museum. I Love the fact that you take the time to finish and clean every little part of the piece,Absolutely nothing left undone. I'll have to blow up a photo and see if you might have left some little sliver unfinished, but I think it will be an exercise in futility. You earned total respect from this corner!

I don't know for sure yet but there might be a little piece of undone trash under the left eye near the bottom I'll have to look closer, but then he isn't quite finished yet soooo?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki

Posted: 2009-09-29 8:49 pm   Permalink

Thanks Ben, it's not that perfect for the texture is pretty coarse. Here is some new shots while I'm varnishing it.

Little upgrade on the drum:

Tahitiki

Posted: 2009-09-30 08:18 am   Permalink

Here is a better texture shot:

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-30 10:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-30 08:18, Tahitiki wrote:
Here is a better texture shot:

Thats Nuts. Never seen anything like it

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-01 12:40 am   Permalink

he looks awesome keep up the good work

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-01 04:42 am   Permalink

Yes, that looks like a well aged Washingtonian palm.. I've tried to grow them like that but they always look different somehow. The eyes are never straight?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-10 07:19 am   Permalink

Bump

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation