FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tahitiki's carvings - new bone carving - 01/08/11 - page 22
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Tahitiki's carvings - new bone carving - 01/08/11 - page 22
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-12 03:06 am   Permalink

Excellent pieces you are creating, just Really tight. My Only suggestion to you and actually ALL Carvers is to Flatten the bottom Before you start the carving. I'm as bad as the next guy and I always kick myself when I forget. Flatten first carve last instead of Swearing last.

Hey, I had to look a long way to find Something to bitch about!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-12 09:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-11-12 03:06, Benzart wrote:
Excellent pieces you are creating, just Really tight. My Only suggestion to you and actually ALL Carvers is to Flatten the bottom Before you start the carving. I'm as bad as the next guy and I always kick myself when I forget. Flatten first carve last instead of Swearing last.

Hey, I had to look a long way to find Something to bitch about!

Yes, I'm bad about this too. I'm always too impatient to start on the body.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-11-12 09:12 am   Permalink

TikiG, Lake Surfer, GROG, congatiki, TheBigT, surfintiki, amate, tikigodz, BIG tiki scott and Benzart mauruuru for all the compliments, I wanted to make a base just because when I stand the KU up I felt it was a bit short and was undermining his man, ha ha, he needed to be a bit higher. Than I was checking out buzzy amazing drums and the idea came up, doing a 3 faces stand would be cool. First I wanted to be true to the island setup, the Polynesian triangle, Hawaii, New Zealand and Easter Island, but being a Tahitian freak I had to switch Easter Island with a Marquesan face.

BigT you should go ahead and raise that Tiki by the fireplace.

Benzart, you're right I should definitely clean up the base before carving, for some reason I always think it's going to workout just fine at the end.

I just finished the drum this morning before going to work, the skin is finally drying, the sound starts to be cool, here are some picts. I'll try to record something when it's fully dry.
Nana

[ This Message was edited by: Tahitiki 2009-11-12 09:29 ]

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blowfish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-12 09:27 am   Permalink

Beautiful drum!!!

View Profile of Blowfish Send a personal message to Blowfish  Email Blowfish Goto the website of Blowfish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-12 09:44 am   Permalink

As above, I say its a beautiful drum too.

I would not be suprised if at some point, while sleeping late at night, this drum creates a tone on its own and wakes you up

Universal drummer's mojo is captured within the carve...within the wood. DIG IT!

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-12 2:38 pm   Permalink

Again, top notch carves, Tahitiki.

Right down to the finished product... everything well polished and in it's place.

No worries about things being super level, I've done some things that have a slight lean or a curve and most people are jazzed about it.

All depends on what makes you happy... and you seem very happy with the work you produce because it shows.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-12 3:59 pm   Permalink

holy crap! i've missed this whole thread. great work!

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2009-11-13 11:12 am   Permalink

Gorgeous. Love the stain color.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-11 5:33 pm   Permalink

bumpppp.
Perfect!

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-12 11:06 am   Permalink

Superbe !
The finishing is so neat that I thought it is made out of plastic !
Hope the baby's fine.
Mahalo,

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-12 9:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-11-12 09:12, Tahitiki wrote:

Killer work!

View Profile of tikimecula Send a personal message to tikimecula  Email tikimecula Goto the website of tikimecula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki

Posted: 2010-04-25 7:10 pm   Permalink

No carving yet this summer (I did collect 2 six footer and a fat 5')
So far I've finished... almost... the big Ku and its base.

I got busy working on my scooter (had it for so long, I had to restrained myself from carving for some times just to make sure i would finish fixing it)

pictures from phones sucks! I'll have to work on this...

[ This Message was edited by: Tahitiki 2010-04-25 19:12 ]

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-25 7:22 pm   Permalink

Damn, that Ku is TOP NOTCH!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-25 8:29 pm   Permalink

Yeah, what 4Wheeler said!

(Nice scooter too)

Bowie

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-27 9:47 pm   Permalink

Yes! the KU is very cool and i like the scoot.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation