FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tahitiki's carvings - new bone carving - 01/08/11 - page 22
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Tahitiki's carvings - new bone carving - 01/08/11 - page 22
Watango productions
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-29 10:24 pm   Permalink

Mann! That ku is AWESOME!!!!!! Cheers Watango

View Profile of Watango productions Send a personal message to Watango productions  Email Watango productions     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grapa-RuHa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-30 04:12 am   Permalink

That King Ku is awesome, nice work on the base to

View Profile of Grapa-RuHa Send a personal message to Grapa-RuHa  Goto the website of Grapa-RuHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-30 7:40 pm   Permalink

Your from san ho right on. Keep me posted of any upcoming shows I would love to see your stuff in person. That Ku is Killer took you a while to finish? But deffinately worth the wait. Mahalo

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-09 07:22 am   Permalink

Wow Tahitiki, This guy is Incredible!

How can you get more incredible than this,, Put him on a Beautifully carved tiki base thats how!

And THEN there was this matter of a Furniture/Museum grade Drum,,Perfect finish here and just as perfect carving. Love the cowry shells,although I'm not a fan of the cordage it does work..

It DOESN"T get any Better than THIS

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-05-21 08:30 am   Permalink

Thanks all of you for the sweet comments.
Ben, about the drum, I agree on the ropes, it's not that great plus it doesn't even work that great either. The drum only sounds great when left in the sun for couple hours. I want to change it at some point but I'm not sure how to do it right, meaning sound wise and visually... any ideas?

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki

Posted: 2010-05-21 1:27 pm   Permalink

Here is a bunch of detail shots for the Ku base.

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-21 1:33 pm   Permalink

that is fuh-REAKing amazing!!!!!!
i love all your work man.

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-21 1:45 pm   Permalink

Sweeeeet! Great detail. I like the three heads on one tiki. Really cool.

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki

Posted: 2010-05-21 1:48 pm   Permalink

I was trying to go with the Polynesian triangle, Hawaii / New Zealand / Easter Island, but I like tahitian tikis too much so I substitute Easter Island for the Marquesas. Glad you guys like it.

congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-21 3:45 pm   Permalink

Spectacular work on your Ku and the base. Perfect in every way as
far as I can tell from here :-0

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-22 5:32 pm   Permalink

It REEKS of everything Polynesian! GREAT design. Love it.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn

Posted: 2010-05-22 6:34 pm   Permalink

awesome work keep it up

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-22 7:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

LOVE this pic! I'm in awe of the quality of the detail!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-23 2:50 pm   Permalink

Very neat work!!! And also very good job and concept on the base...

J.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-29 09:59 am   Permalink

YES, these faces on the base are just impossible to describe in words. Excellent from the triangle. Love all the eyes and all the everything, Just Awesome.

Sorry I can't give you advice on the drum but I'm sure the Buzz man will be glad to give up a few hints, though I wouldn't worry much about it since it is Already near perfect.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation