FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tahitiki's carvings - new bone carving - 01/08/11 - page 22
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Tahitiki's carvings - new bone carving - 01/08/11 - page 22
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-26 10:31 pm   Permalink

That Guam tiki is kool

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-27 05:34 am   Permalink

It's nice to have a french answer, thanks.
Your last small tiki is a masterpiece. where do you find the influence? Was it like the guam ?

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-27 06:14 am   Permalink

More Excellence from Tahitiki, I Really love that Hut and would plant it right in my Front yard for ALl to enjoy.
The Guam tiki is cool too. Love your detail.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-01-28 9:14 pm   Permalink

Benella
The last Tiki was kind of weird. I started with the inside of one eye and went from there, I didn't draw it, I just did it. I guess the inspiration comes from the thousand images of Tikis I've seen on TC.

Thanks Ben

Here is a bigger format (at least for me) It's a Marquesan head, with a small Tahitian Tattoo behind the right ear. This is my fist palm log. It was fun, I was so freshly cut it was like carving a pumpkin. He is about 13" hight and 9" in diameter.

Tahitiki
tahitiki.gif" BORDER="0">

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Terrace
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-01-28 9:31 pm   Permalink

Awesome! Love the uke!!! I have a lanikai uke and the bridge just popped off Wish I had your bridge to re-place!
Scott

View Profile of Tiki Terrace Send a personal message to Tiki Terrace  Email Tiki Terrace Goto the website of Tiki Terrace     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki

Posted: 2007-01-31 9:59 pm   Permalink

Some of you might have already seen this pumpkin I carved for Halloween, for the other, here it is:

Tahitiki

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-01 06:58 am   Permalink

NIIIIIIIIIIIICE work, Tahitiki. My style receptors dig!

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki

Posted: 2007-02-01 4:02 pm   Permalink

Here is a process shot of the Marq.

Tahitiki

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-01 5:01 pm   Permalink

Really Nice stuff Tahitiki, The Pumpkin was great and the tiki before that was Excellent and this last one is remarkable. I Love the care you took to curl the center of the eyes like you did. Your detail is Immaculate. You need to get Serious about this stuff and do some tiki!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-01 6:26 pm   Permalink

That's great head. Love it!
I'm still waiting to try a Palm, yours came out superb...soft as a pumpkin eh?!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki

Posted: 2007-02-19 9:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks Benzart,
I finally finished that Moai I started a while ago,
here is a pict when I was still working on it:

and here is the final result.
I wanted to hang it outside, but I had to bring it back inside for the winter. Not sure he would have make it through the rain.
He is about 18" tall.

Tahitiki

benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-20 12:12 am   Permalink

I am speechless... beautiful.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
flynny
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-20 01:12 am   Permalink

That is a stunning piece of work, excellent. What wood did you use and what sort of stain.
Regards
Flynny

View Profile of flynny Send a personal message to flynny  Email flynny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-20 02:56 am   Permalink

Beautiful work TahiTiki!

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki

Posted: 2007-02-20 9:21 pm   Permalink

Thanks benella and McTiki.
Flynny, I do not know the kind wood I use, but I'll try to post a pict of a second log I've got of the same wood

Regarding the stain, here what I did:
1 coat of black ebony stain
1 coat of walnut stain and varnish
1 coat of mahogany "stain and varnish" the gel kind
it was too opaque so I got rid of some of it with a steel wool pad
it was to red so I added
2 coat of walnut stain and varnish
It was too shiny so I tone it done with the steel wool pad again.
It was a long process but I'm happy with how it came out.

Tahitiki

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation