FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tahitiki's carvings - new bone carving - 01/08/11 - page 22
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Tahitiki's carvings - new bone carving - 01/08/11 - page 22
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-21 06:17 am   Permalink

The Tahitian Ukulele is really interesting. Please post more pics of the progress.

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-09-30 8:57 pm   Permalink

Thanks Ben, I'm always trying new things, I'm carving the Tahitian uke now and I'll post some picts soon.

In the meantime, I've been working on a 3 footer palm log and I just realized that I haven't posted any picts yet, so here it is.
This is inspired by the KU carving that is sitting in front of the Traver Vic's in London I think.

So I started with the body:

and refined it

I always like the headrest that falls in the back of some tikis so I thought this is it, I'm making one. I've got to try it, or I'll never do it.

after some more work done on the face and the body:

this is what I've got so far.

I will post more soon.

Iorana

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-01 01:12 am   Permalink

superb new piece !
Ben

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-01 2:03 pm   Permalink

Man that kicks ass! Tons of character on him. Thanks for the progress pics.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-01 2:44 pm   Permalink

Wow that is a lovely piece. It's gonna be a gorgeous finished tiki.

[ This Message was edited by: Kon-Hemsby 2007-10-01 14:45 ]

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-01 4:22 pm   Permalink

Tahitiki,I just looked at the whole thread and everything you have done so far is excellent. You are a great carver, designer and a great artist all around.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki

Posted: 2007-10-01 7:04 pm   Permalink

Benella, TheBigT, Kon-Hemsby and Hiltiki thank you for all the kind words, it's highly appreciated.
Here some more progress shot, I couldn't find those images yesterday and I finally did.
I'm getting ready to start the detail work on that guy.

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-01 11:03 pm   Permalink

Classic stylings there Tahitiki. Really nice work.

That tiki has been on my to do list for a while now... I've got a few photos I've been studying. You did it proud.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-03 6:33 pm   Permalink

Wow! That's coming along beautifully. Pefect so far!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-05 10:57 pm   Permalink

Nice clean great shape and what a ass.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-06 05:01 am   Permalink

Hey Tahitiki, thanks for showing that great progress pictures. Nice wood and clean carving.
I especially like the expression of the face with a great comic style. Exaggerated forms!
Hats off! Im looking forwart to see more.

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki

Posted: 2007-10-07 6:16 pm   Permalink

Thanks all of you for the great feedback.

Lake Surfer, surfintiki and haikai, I always like everything you guys are doing, every single new carving that you guys come up with is always amazing, so I really appreciate the positive comments.

This week-end I didn't have a lot of time for carving but I managed to start some of the detail work.
Check it out:

[ This Message was edited by: Tahitiki 2007-10-08 06:54 ]

haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-08 02:38 am   Permalink

Beautiful and great work! Congratulations! I want to see more of those carvings. Go, go, go....

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-08 05:25 am   Permalink

Inspiring stuff Tahitiki. It looks perfect in every way.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki

Posted: 2007-10-14 9:04 pm   Permalink

I got some carving done this week-end but I forgot my camera, so I'll be posting more images next week-end.
In the meantime I finished a bamboo pendant that's been on my desk forever.
I got the piece of bamboo from one of those "trendy" pot to store kitchen utensils.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation