[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Frame- Bongofury 04/20/06
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Frame- Bongofury 04/20/06
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-20 6:33 pm   Permalink

Very Sweet! I love the skulls and the tucan. Wow!

-Gman

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-20 7:27 pm   Permalink

I swear man I totally love your work Monkeyman!!! That frame goes perfect with that print Bongofury must be totally stoked!!! Thank you for sharing!!
Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-20 8:58 pm   Permalink

Loki,

I do sketch the piece before carving. Sometimes its a real detailed sketch and sometimes its just a placeholder to maintain symmetry.

You can see the whole process on my website
www.monkeymandesign.com

Thanks for the positive vibes everybody. It makes the long hours and drudgery of some carving worth it.

Heck Im just trying to keep up around here.

Kirby, Lake Surfer, Benzart, Kiegs, Basement, Ona..... sheesh its like a talent show...

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-20 11:13 pm   Permalink

Holy smOkes Monkeyman! It looks fantastic! You capture the "tikitony" but also unleashed the "monkeyman" on it. It's a great merge of our work. You nailed it! The carving is all your own, and its amazing! I'm quite envious of your intricate vision and execution. That toucan looks like it flew out of one of my paintings, through your mind and landed on the frame! Great work! Now, who's gonna frame your frame?

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 06:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-20 20:58, Monkeyman wrote:
Thanks for the positive vibes everybody. It makes the long hours and drudgery of some carving worth it.

He's not kidding folks, I've seen him at work, and it is painstainkingly tedious...I demand he gets the respect that he deserves!
Great work Monkeyman. I saw the LP frames too, very cool.

Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-21 07:23 am   Permalink

Very cool Monkeyman. Definately a work of art in itself. When Derek asked what I wanted it to look like, I just asked him not to put the Tiki in the frame. The rest is all MMs hard work and creative talent with inspiration from Tikitony's art. Looking forward to seeing the frame in person.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 07:46 am   Permalink

I was just thinking, thats a soild one piece frame? Right? If so, thats not too common is it?

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 08:04 am   Permalink

It is not a solid one piece frame. Its a regular frame (4 sides) that I constructed and then glued on the additional blocks to the interior and exterior edge.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-26 07:55 am   Permalink

Here they are together.....thanks Monkeyman and Tikitony

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-26 10:14 am   Permalink

Another great frame MM, they keep getting better each time, cant wait to get my own. Congrats Bongofury!

TBird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-26 11:02 am   Permalink

TBIRD you are next

rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-26 11:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-26 07:55, bongofury wrote:
Here they are together.....thanks Monkeyman and Tikitony

Now thats a match made in heaven. Absolutely perfect work by both Tikitony and Monkeyman

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-02 06:24 am   Permalink

Cool frame man!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation