FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Wednesdays at Forbidden Island
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 Next Page )
Wednesdays at Forbidden Island
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-03 8:29 pm   Permalink

for anyone reading this thurs Night.
Ran aka (Kick the Reverb) (inventor of the Reverb Crash) and the comb over) drinks
is there at FI right now.
go say Hi.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aquatic Safarinaut
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-12-09 10:49 am   Permalink

The Donkey Kong will be on tonight!

View Profile of Aquatic Safarinaut Send a personal message to Aquatic Safarinaut      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-13 11:15 pm   Permalink

Is it Weds yet? Oh wait, I've had so much "Christmas Cheer" this weekend that it just feels like Tuesday night. See ya'll on Weds!

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2009-12-14 1:17 pm   Permalink

This Wednesday (12/16) is International Flight Lounge - on a special holiday schedule! In addition to the usual groovin' tunes, I'll be spinning a select few Xmas tunes (that fit in the Flight Lounge vibe).

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-14 4:46 pm   Permalink

wish I could be there to hear your set Jab.
I spun a bunch of x-mas tunes and Exotica at event down here on sun.

have a good night.
Cheers to you from So. Cal.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-16 08:01 am   Permalink

Wednesday (12/16) is International Flight Lounge

The prodigal son returns!

While I am not the "lost" son, I did just wander around Central Europe rather aimlessly. I am, however, definitely the "last" son. So, that counts. Plus, factoring in my profligate living, it's a lock. Prodigal I am, and team midnite is coming back home to Forbidden Island after too long an absence. That's close enough for a parable.

Additionally, I'm thirsty. It's more of a theoretical thirst as we were far from any desert and I drank a lot while abroad.

Moreover, I want to go to a place where everyone knows my name. Well, they used to know my name, not sure anymore.

Also, I want to go to a bar not packed with humorless Czech bastards. Wait! FI is not full of humorless Czech bastards now is it? Whew, ok, just checking.

Further, I'm back on U.S. soil and I want to go to a red-blooded, freedom-loving, kick-ass American tiki bar. I don't want no more of that Commie bullshit!

Plus, I miss the Jab.

Cold warrior,
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-16 11:10 am   Permalink

"And he looked forth upon his prodigal son and said I know you have sinned, but sin no more. He then summoned his staff to bring forth the best Tiki drinks and quench his thirst"... Or something like that.
Look forward to seeing Team Midnite again!

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aquatic Safarinaut

Posted: 2009-12-16 1:08 pm   Permalink

Harumph!

View Profile of Aquatic Safarinaut Send a personal message to Aquatic Safarinaut      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-16 7:11 pm   Permalink

I'm fairly sure that neither Suzanne nor Paddie are Chez, and I know that they are not humorless, so you're probably good.

Great seeing you tonight. Sorry to bow out of FI though...sniff sniff, stupid cold. But I'm sure you're in very capable mixology hands with the crew there tonight.

Suzanne and Paddie are creating might fine cocktails!! If I say so myself, they are kickin ass and taking names in the mixology department! Have fun!!

Quote:

On 2009-12-16 08:01, midnite wrote:
Wednesday (12/16) is International Flight Lounge

The prodigal son returns!

While I am not the "lost" son, I did just wander around Central Europe rather aimlessly. I am, however, definitely the "last" son. So, that counts. Plus, factoring in my profligate living, it's a lock. Prodigal I am, and team midnite is coming back home to Forbidden Island after too long an absence. That's close enough for a parable.

Additionally, I'm thirsty. It's more of a theoretical thirst as we were far from any desert and I drank a lot while abroad.

Moreover, I want to go to a place where everyone knows my name. Well, they used to know my name, not sure anymore.

Also, I want to go to a bar not packed with humorless Czech bastards. Wait! FI is not full of humorless Czech bastards now is it? Whew, ok, just checking.

Further, I'm back on U.S. soil and I want to go to a red-blooded, freedom-loving, kick-ass American tiki bar. I don't want no more of that Commie bullshit!

Plus, I miss the Jab.

Cold warrior,
midnite

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-23 10:13 am   Permalink

Wow, thanks for the nice compliments, Coco Loco! It was great to see you, Midnite!

Today's the last day we're open before Christmas, so come celebrate with us, Christmas Eve style (a day early). It's week 8 of the Black Orchid Club, and we've got the Deadlies surf band starting at 8 (BTD, where are you? ).

Also, for those of you who haven't seen this yet, here I am in HD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eTSZdnYIkY

See you tonight!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-23 8:42 pm   Permalink

Suzanne,
even though they are a Nor. Cal. band.
I have seen them,
I booked them a show at the Purple Orchid, couple years back.

fun band.

Jeff(btd)

Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-04 12:20 am   Permalink

btw, The Deadlies were great. A laid back mix of surf classics and Christmas classics done up Ventures style!

Now dig this!

What: DJ Otto with guest DJ Staccato (aka Johnny Marr of Murder Can Be Fun), and Black Orchid Club night
When: Wednesday, January 6, 2010. 8pm til 1 am
Where: Forbidden Island Tiki Lounge, 1304 Lincoln, Alameda
How much: FREE

A night of espionage and intrigue with "Spy vs. Private Eye in Otto's Grotto"

Who will survive when DJ Otto matches spy tunes to DJ Staccato's private eye numbers?
Join us and find out

No secret password necessary, black tie optional.

While you attempt to unravel the clues provided with your Black Orchid Club cocktail, DJs Otto and Staccato will thrill you with secret agent sounds.

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Runner
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2010-01-06 5:21 pm   Permalink

see you there luv Spy music

View Profile of Rum Runner Send a personal message to Rum Runner  Email Rum Runner     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-03 2:14 pm   Permalink

A very special Wednesday tonight:

Otto's Grotto featuring the turntable Twist of Johnny "Big Hands" Bartlett (The Phantom Surfers, The Barbary Coasters, Hillsdale Records, etc)
Twist, R&B, Surf, and a swingin' tribute to the 3 Stars that fell on Feb. 3, 1959. All on glorious 45s, replete with surface noises.
http://johnnybartlett.com/

Baby Doe's birthday bash! http://www.devilettes.com/meetdevilettes/hellcat/index.htm

Black Orchid Club's day of reckoning with some terrific prizes http://rumnpineapple.blogspot.com/

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-03 8:31 pm   Permalink

Oh I am sure everyone will have a freakin' blast.

Maybe a roll call will get people in the mood.

I will start.

I will not be able to attend.

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation