FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Who's arriving early for Tiki Oasis??
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Who's arriving early for Tiki Oasis??
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-01 12:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-27 09:40, hodadhank wrote:
I can't believe I have to wait at my house in Mission Beach for another whole week before you all show up.

BTW- TC shutterbugs hoping to take lots of photos of tikis while in San Diego be warned, this place is simply lousy with wannabe swimsuit models. They'll leap into every photo if they see you coming with a camera.

This was supposed to be a pic of Hodaddy's Hideaway on the placid shores of Mission Bay!

Thank god it was just Nikki and not Courtney!

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-01 1:52 pm   Permalink

WOW!!! All I can say is leap away, leap away!!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-01 4:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-26 19:34, MEAN GENE wrote:
Friday morning SURF SESSION anyone?

Sounds cool, I will be bringing a board down with me. I am getting in late late Thusday night so I am not sure how bright and early I will be getting up on Friday. I was defintaley going to surf onthe way home. Where you gonna go out on Friday? I might be able to meet up with you. That is If you aren't afraid of being seen with a pasty Nor Cal kook.

Chongolio

P.S Is it spring suit temps up there?

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-01 6:26 pm   Permalink

On 2006-05-01 16:00, Chongolio wrote:
Quote:

P.S Is it spring suit temps up there?

water temp's been running about 57 deg, air temp 56-70 deg. you might wanna bring that full suit & bootys Chongo.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2006-05-01 7:00 pm   Permalink

we get in on Friday, late afternoon..and we're staying till Weds the 10th.

we're thinking about driving up to see the BH Trader Vics on Monday after Oasis..having a drink.. then maybe head off to somewhere fun.. like Sams Seafood... or (though its not tiki) Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles ~ we love the place!

looking forward to crawling and being crawled upon!

elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tedtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-02 06:58 am   Permalink

Savage Patty, my sis and bro-in-law will be there thursaday afternoon. Can't wait.

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-02 10:54 am   Permalink

Hey Woo Hoo and ST... Who'd you have to bribe/threaten/do to obtain the highly coveted super secret recipe to RH's Lapu?!
Mmmmmmmmmmmm....Lapu Lapu. I'm drooling already.
I'll wear my RH T Shirt the first evening to set the mood. And after a few Lapus. It may come off. God forbid.
No really, none of you want that.... The Mr is on stand by ready with a large towel/cover up. Yeah, cuz I don't look anything like the Mission Beach chick, I'm sorry to say!

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-02 2:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

...P.S Is it spring suit temps up there?...

... water 60 degrees with a small south ground swell comin'(north county will be best)... most likely for sat & sun... springsuits are fine... some are trunkin' it already... travel light...

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-02 5:07 pm   Permalink

Has anyone tried to request an earlier check in time? And if so, what did you do? I don't want to be sitting with a car loaded with stuff. Anyone? Anyone?

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-02 6:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-02 14:03, alohabros wrote:
Quote:

...P.S Is it spring suit temps up there?...

... water 60 degrees with a small south ground swell comin'(north county will be best)... most likely for sat & sun... springsuits are fine... some are trunkin' it already... travel light...

I gonna bring both suits just in case. This skinny punk gets cold fast. Thanks for the replies Shipwreck and Alohabros. See you in a few short days.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-02 7:08 pm   Permalink

Will be leaving Anaheim hopefully by 2 pm, and with luck be down there by 4.
What time do the Mai Kai gents play on thurs. eve.?

Chongolio, hows about you stop by the Huntington beach pier
on Sun. , surf some, and check out some surf bands,
they play by the Pier, from 11 am to 5 pm, and it's freee!!

What will I be missing, by leaving early sunday morning?
hope fully not much.
Last year IN PS it seemed to be a mass exodus all day. I lounged around all day, ate dinner at 6 pm, lounged around a bit longer, and finally dragged my sorry ass into my truck at 8:30 pm,
to fight a nasty 3 hour drive back home, aghhhh!!

Hopefully I'l get lucky and miss the trafic both ways.

I'm ready to get my drink on
Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2006-05-02 19:11 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-02 11:19 pm   Permalink

We're here NOW and ready for action!

ModMana

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-03 07:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-02 19:08, bigtikidude wrote:

Chongolio, hows about you stop by the Huntington beach pier
on Sun. , surf some, and check out some surf bands,
they play by the Pier, from 11 am to 5 pm, and it's freee!!

Hopefully I'l get lucky and miss the trafic both ways.

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2006-05-02 19:11 ]

Hey BTD, I don't think I will be in any state of mind to drive back up on Sunday. I am planning to relax all day Sunday then split in the evening to try and avoid the weekend traffic. For the most part I am playing it all by ear so things may work out differently.

See ya soon!!!

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-03 08:52 am   Permalink

CheekyGirl,
I called the hotel directly and requested an early check in. We arrive to San Diego around 10AM on Friday, and would love to unload our suitcases before we head out sightseeing and looking up old friends. The reservation clerk was very clear that the early check in was a request ONLY and they would do the best they could... no guarantees. If Tiki Central rooms are blocked in a particular building or floor, early check in is more difficult. But, I would call the hotel and get your reservation flagged that you are requesting an early check in. Its better than showing up early without notice. I plan to call the hotel as soon as we land in San Diego, and see if they had a room available.

Good Luck!
Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-04 1:58 pm   Permalink

It's Thursday afternoon and I'm here! BigTikiDude, The Maikai Gents will start at 8:00PM tonight. Looking forward to seeing the whole TC Gang!

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation