FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events PHOTOS! Too much fun! TC gathering at Trader Vic's Scottsdale Aug 3rd-6th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PHOTOS! Too much fun! TC gathering at Trader Vic's Scottsdale Aug 3rd-6th
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-19 1:13 pm   Permalink

Since I gotta miss Catalina...I'm going to the hottest spot I can find, and in August! I'm in. The Mr too.

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-tina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-20 2:00 pm   Permalink

To borrow a line from a good friend....WoooooHooooo! Looks like we are gonna have one heck of a wing ding in August at the Valley Ho and Trader Vic's! I am sooo happy to see that so many folks are interested! This is great news. I am still working out the room rate details with the hotel (they have been VERY slow in responding, but I know they are working up a super deal!) and will have all of the details posted early next week. I have also been corresponding with AJ (the GM of Traver Vic's) and he is really eager to have us there...but since this is a bit of a different concept than the rest of the TV chain, and it's not open yet, and seating is kinda limited, we have some logistics to work out for the August bash. But here is what I know for sure......

This is going to be such an awesome time!

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-tina 2006-05-20 14:07 ]

View Profile of tiki-tina Send a personal message to tiki-tina      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-20 2:08 pm   Permalink

*sigh*

I can never make it to these things at the right time. There's no way I can come in August. Well, I'll be having a woo-hoo wing-ding at TV on June 4th.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-tina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-20 2:21 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-tina 2006-06-05 07:04 ]

View Profile of tiki-tina Send a personal message to tiki-tina      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-20 5:01 pm   Permalink

I'll be staying with friends who live in Phoenix June 2-5...and I know they like the Drift. I'll try to nail down a time with them. If I can get them to commit to a time (they'll be doing the driving) I'll post it here. Haven't made reservations at TV yet...411 had no phone listing as of last weekend. I guess I could call the hotel..

~K

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-20 5:32 pm   Permalink

WooooHoooooo!! Scottsdale here we come. Mucho Mahalo to my WooHoo Sis, Tiki-Tina for all of her hard work to put this event together

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-27 3:44 pm   Permalink

I FINALLY was able to get in touch with Trader Vic's and was told they're already totally booked for the 4th! I'M SO PISSED!! We'll at least be able to go in for a drink or two or three or 4 (probably early) ...but I was really counting on a meal. They put me on a waiting list in case there's a cancellation and I'll call again on the 4th to double check. I suppose I should call TV in Dallas NOW to get in a reservation for their August opening.

Why does this keep happening to me?

[ This Message was edited by: Kenike 2006-05-27 16:56 ]

tiki-tina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 12:54 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-tina 2006-06-24 13:39 ]

tiki-tina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 12:58 pm   Permalink

Also wanted to thank everyone for their kind words and support! You guys have been so awesome and encouraging! Can't wait to see everyone in August!!

bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 1:03 pm   Permalink

I think we're still gonna go Sun. night early (like 6-ish) to scope the place out & get a cocktail--will end up at Drift no doubt

BB MoondoggyO
sweatin' to Quiet Village in AZ

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 1:28 pm   Permalink

Hey Tina!... It was good to meet you at Sam's. Let me know if there's anything that I can help out with. Also!.... If there's not enough room at Trader Vics's for the Martini Kings to play, maybe they can play at the Valley Ho at some point while everyone is there. I'm sure the hotel would love to have them play again. I'll talk to Tony and see if they're available that weekend.

[ This Message was edited by: MEAN GENE 2006-05-31 13:32 ]

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lovevw181
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-31 9:38 pm   Permalink

Cannot wait until August to hang out with the TCer's. I will definitely be there for dinner and drinks!!!!

View Profile of lovevw181 Send a personal message to lovevw181  Email lovevw181     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MustDangSally
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-01 09:40 am   Permalink

We'll try to stop by this Sunday to check it out. I'll mark my calendar for August as well. Hope to meet some of you out-of-staters!

View Profile of MustDangSally Send a personal message to MustDangSally  Email MustDangSally     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-tina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 3:12 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-tina 2006-06-24 13:40 ]

tiki-tina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 3:17 pm   Permalink

Aloha Gene! Great meeting you, too...( and the Mrs. and the cute little one). The Martini Kings would be GREAT! Check with Tony and see what his and Frank's schedule is like...I'll work with AJ @ TV and the Hotel to see what we can work out! I am thinking that we may have a few more options once TV's had actually opened and they see how the space is working. Thanks for jumpin' in with both feet! Looking forward to seeing y'all there!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation