FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events PHOTOS! Too much fun! TC gathering at Trader Vic's Scottsdale Aug 3rd-6th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PHOTOS! Too much fun! TC gathering at Trader Vic's Scottsdale Aug 3rd-6th
tiki-tina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-06 1:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-06 10:30, Hau 'oli Tiki wrote:
So where's most of the gang hangin their fezzes in August? Valley Ho or Old Scottsdale Inn? How far is OSI from the happenin spot? Sounds like it's right there? I'd kinda like to spend less on my room and more on stuff. And booze. The Mr is trying to make me agree to taking our RV and roughing it. Uh, not in THAT heat!! So $45.00/ night would be easier for the miser to agree to!

Sound like alot of folks will be staying at the Valley Ho, but the OSI is very nice and very affordable. It's also pretty close, about an 8th of a mile (if that)...across the street and down 1.5 short blocks. there is a light and a crosswalk, so it's pretty well marked and is very close. Here is a link to some info about the hotel when it was a Rodeway. There are pics and customer comments, too.

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=dspv&&itid=&itdx=&itty=new&from=m

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-344582-rodeway_inn-i

http://calhotels.us/reviews.php/3506-rodeway-inn-scottsdale-arizona/

All in all, it's a really nice place and very close to everything and beats staying in an RV w/o AC . In August, that's gonna be kinda hot. Let me know if I can help with anything else...so happy you guys are gonna make it...and remember Southwest has really cheap flights out of the OC and we can get you from the airport to the hotel if you don't take the RV...Check in with Woohoo and Soccer and see what their flights look like, maybe y'all can fly in together Can't wait to see you guys again and thank Gary for the line height info....I really appreciate it!

View Profile of tiki-tina Send a personal message to tiki-tina      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-06 6:58 pm   Permalink

I will have to double check, but I think that I am playing Air Force on that first weekend of Aug. Uncle Bush never let's me have any fun. However, I did talk to Louie and I think that we are just going to drive up on a Sat and check things out. I will try to confirm some things and let some folks know.

View Profile of Tiki Mo Fo Send a personal message to Tiki Mo Fo  Email Tiki Mo Fo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-06 8:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-06 18:58, Tiki Mo Fo wrote:
However, I did talk to Louie and I think that we are just going to drive up on a Sat and check things out. I will try to confirm some things and let some folks know.

WooooHoooo! Tiki MoFo and Louie in Scottsdale

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-07 11:22 am   Permalink

WoooHooo! Soccer Tiki got our plane tix. Southwest has some great low fares. Get them now before they are gone

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-06-07 13:57 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 1:49 pm   Permalink

Tiki-Tina:

Thanks for all of your efforts on this one! I was really looking for a good excuse to check the Valley Ho out and this is really a great opportunity!

Can't wait to see everyone there!

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-07 5:03 pm   Permalink

Wow,

I can not wait to check out the Valley Ho!!!! I just visited the site and realize that was where Dino got the drink spilled on him in, "The Silencers," Matt Helm at his finest. Well the pool area I wonder if they still have the piano and mobil bar? If anyone knows for sure let me know if I am right. I have the movie at home and may have to watch it tonight just to double check.... Still checking dates...... Tiki Tina thumbs up, way up on working out the details.

View Profile of Tiki Mo Fo Send a personal message to Tiki Mo Fo  Email Tiki Mo Fo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 8:41 pm   Permalink

I am really bummed, Stacey and I are out of town over that weekend.
I'm sure you guys will have a great time. We got to visit the Valley Ho a couple of months ago and it is awsome. From the roof you look down at the pool and it is in the shape of an olive. Did not notice that until we got on the roof. The view from up there is nice, check it out.

The Art of Doug Horne
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DougHorneArt

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-11 11:13 pm   Permalink

I think I might be in love with Arizona and that 110 in the shade! Gonna try to make the trip out. Pending...but I'm determined.

View Profile of BettyBleu Send a personal message to BettyBleu  Email BettyBleu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 08:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-07 17:03, Tiki Mo Fo wrote:
Wow,

I can not wait to check out the Valley Ho!!!! I just visited the site and realize that was where Dino got the drink spilled on him in, "The Silencers," Matt Helm at his finest. Well the pool area I wonder if they still have the piano and mobil bar? If anyone knows for sure let me know if I am right. I have the movie at home and may have to watch it tonight just to double check.... Still checking dates...... Tiki Tina thumbs up, way up on working out the details.

Bring the movie! I'm sure Woo Hoo and Soccer Tiki would just ADORE for us ALL to pile into their bed (once again) and watch a lovely lil movie one night! Woo Hoo Juice and popcorn for me, please.

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 08:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-11 23:13, BettyBleu wrote:
I think I might be in love with Arizona and that 110 in the shade! Gonna try to make the trip out. Pending...but I'm determined.

I'm with you! So tired of May Gray and June gloom!! By the end of the weekened, I'm gonna look like the dead wife from Honeymoon in Vegas!!

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-13 8:02 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-06-19 08:52 ]

Rum Numb Davey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-14 11:45 pm   Permalink

Guys:
Count me in on the party. I went for the third time tonight to TV Scottsdale..and loved it. I meet with Hans Richeter tomorrow about some rum/oke biuz.

Shoiuld I bring the functtion up with him?

RND

View Profile of Rum Numb Davey Send a personal message to Rum Numb Davey  Email Rum Numb Davey Goto the website of Rum Numb Davey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-tina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-15 04:43 am   Permalink

RND: Absolutely! And best of luck with your meeting...hope it works out well for you! They're good folks over at Trader Vic's, and although I have never met Hans, I have been working with AJ on this little 'ting we are putting together for August.

Happy to hear you can make it and we are always open to ideas/support. Maybe you can convince Hans to have some entertainment on hand that weekend for their guests...or any other ideas you come up with. It would be delightful if he and Eve could join us...please extend the invitation if you feel it's appropriate. Wouldn't that be cool?

Anyway, happy to hear that Sol y Sombra is doing well. My husband and I have yet to make it up there, but we just love Tapas and Sangria, so it's on the list!

Looking forward to meeting you and Kim soon!

View Profile of tiki-tina Send a personal message to tiki-tina      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-tina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-15 04:52 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-tina 2006-06-23 11:17 ]

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-19 08:53 am   Permalink

Any new details about The TV's Valley Ho Weekend???

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation