FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Bilge ╗ ╗ The horror that is the Beatles!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The horror that is the Beatles!!
windsong.robbie

Posted: 2009-04-25 04:49 am   Permalink

For those who are apparently spelling-challenged, it's BRASIL '66, not Brazil; and HERB ALPERT, not Herp Albert!

Herb & Lani have a new CD coming out soon on Concord Jazz titled, "Anything Goes." It's a live album and has a mix of jazz standards and Brazilian tunes. They are backed by Bill Cantos on piano, Hussain Jiffry on bass and Michael Shapiro on drums and percussion. To promote their new CD, they are going out on tour. Their web site is
www.herbalpert.com and you can read more at www.amcorner.com as well.

View Profile of windsong.robbie Send a personal message to windsong.robbie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-25 6:25 pm   Permalink

Frankly, I could care less if I spelled the names wrong. I type very fast. But since I have every album Sergio ever made, I have a connection to his music that goes beyond a few spelling errors. But thanks for correcting me.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-26 10:50 am   Permalink

I have an uncontrollable urge to join a blog, and correct someone's spelling.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-26 11:41 am   Permalink

That is teh gay.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-20 9:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-01 12:59, lucas vigor wrote:
I removed all my posts on this myself, because I could see people were not getting the humorous, satirical elements of what I said.

Frankly, I am surprised you didn't call for the thread to be locked down. Seriously, removing your posts and then saying you were misquoted is, ah...
weird to say the least.

Honestly, when you say something "humorous, satirical..." and people in mass don't get it, that's because perhaps it either wasn't said well or they did get it and it wasn't all that funny.

Removing posts or calling for a lock down of a thread is a kin to taking your glove and bat home because you don't like the way the other kids were playing.

It's your right to do so, but it won't stop other kids from continuing to play.

View Profile of telescopes Send a personal message to telescopes      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Lounge Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-20 11:41 pm   Permalink

View Profile of The Lounge Tiki Send a personal message to The Lounge Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-21 5:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-20 21:39, telescopes wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-10-01 12:59, lucas vigor wrote:
I removed all my posts on this myself, because I could see people were not getting the humorous, satirical elements of what I said.

Frankly, I am surprised you didn't call for the thread to be locked down. Seriously, removing your posts and then saying you were misquoted is, ah...
weird to say the least.

Honestly, when you say something "humorous, satirical..." and people in mass don't get it, that's because perhaps it either wasn't said well or they did get it and it wasn't all that funny.

Removing posts or calling for a lock down of a thread is a kin to taking your glove and bat home because you don't like the way the other kids were playing.

It's your right to do so, but it won't stop other kids from continuing to play.

The moan of doves in immemorial elms
And murmuring of innumerable bees.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-25 2:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Paul McCartney sez....
ôLife is very short and there's no time, for fussing and fighting my friend. I have always thought that it's a crime, so I will ask you once again: try to see it my way, only time will tell if I am right or I am wrong. While you see it your way, there's a chance that we might fall apart before too long. We can work it out.

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-25 4:24 pm   Permalink

[/quote]

The moan of doves in immemorial elms
And murmuring of innumerable bees.

[/quote]

Water, water, every where,
And all the boards did shrink ;
Water, water, every where,
Nor any drop to drink.

Could this translate to mean...

Tiki, tiki,o' so near
The limes are in the sink;
Tiki, tiki o' so near
The Ti is closed to drink.

So who is more tiki? If not the Beatles, then perhaps Alfred Tennyson or Coleridge?

View Profile of telescopes Send a personal message to telescopes      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-25 6:13 pm   Permalink

Lord Tennyson? Definitely Tiki!

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-27 08:20 am   Permalink

Plato too!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-27 08:59 am   Permalink

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=32742&forum=17&16

Bamboo Ben
Tiki Bars I've designed/built. Zombie Village SF, TikiCat, Royal Hawaiian, Kona Club, Frankie's Tiki Room, Pacific Seas, Don the Beachcomber,Forbidden Island, Kon Tiki Tucson, Ti

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-06 01:27 am   Permalink

Deleted because of bad link.

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga 2010-10-14 02:22 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lokepa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-10-07 12:29 pm   Permalink

how could anyone hate the Fab Four!

the thing is about the 60s for those of us who came of age during that particular decade alot of it was just downright boring... but the one thing that made it un-boring was the music... I was looking at the top ten song of 1962 and to my shock and awe the number one song was Green Onions by Booker T and the MGs.. go figger right? the Beatles weren't even on the charts yet not seriously anyway... when Dick Clark played the lads on American Bandstand the kids hated it because "you can't dance to it"!!

ob la di ob la da!

Shaka!

View Profile of Lokepa Send a personal message to Lokepa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-07 1:04 pm   Permalink

That would be the exact sentiment I would expect from some rock fan.

But for everyone else, prior to 1964 there was a HELL of a lot of stuff happening. It's just the young people of that time period that hated their "parent's music". Besides the awesome early soul of Booker T, there was Sam and Dave and a whole bunch of other stuff...not to mention all the great jazz of that era. You rocker/hippies make it almost sound as if the music world was dead and buried until the coming of the Beatles!

As for me, I would rather listen to Booker T and the MGs ANY day of the week besides the Beatles. Do some research on Stax-volt before you brush that classic R and B away so easily! Donald Duck Dunn? That man is like a God to me.

"yer jus not tuned into the series of tubes yet, let it soak in".

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2010-10-07 13:07 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation