FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Ground has been broken on Portland's newest tiki bar
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Ground has been broken on Portland's newest tiki bar
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-14 06:53 am   Permalink

Best four words I've read in a long while:
Quote:
plenty of rum room

And great to see art from the Panders.

[ This Message was edited by: Rum Balls 2006-11-14 06:54 ]

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-14 6:31 pm   Permalink

A few Pander Bros fans have emailed me since my blog post to ask if I had any more pics of Pander velvets to post; I don't. I had no idea they had such a following. So, this reminds me, sometime ago...

Robertiki wrote
Quote:
The Velvet Paintings, done by whiz kids Pander Bros. came out so much better than imagined. I almost peed myself at their unveiling. Ask me about the naked chick story sometime.

A naked chick story? That's the best kind...do tell.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-15 07:04 am   Permalink

'Lope, just a note to say as a child of sagebrush and the high desert of Eastern Oregon, I truly appreciate your nickname!

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MikeyTiki
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-24 7:23 pm   Permalink

Robert,

Do you think that Thatch will be open before Christmas or New Years?

View Profile of MikeyTiki Send a personal message to MikeyTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-24 10:47 pm   Permalink

Hey Robert,

If you drop us an email or PM when you're ready for your opening we TIKI HUNTER would love to come back up to Portland from the Bay Area and vend at the opening to draw even more attention and customers for you!

Besides, we would love to see what survived from the Jasmine Tree!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-26 6:55 pm   Permalink

Vend???

View Profile of Robertiki Send a personal message to Robertiki  Email Robertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kirk H.

Posted: 2006-12-04 1:22 pm   Permalink

We looked in this weekend while the door was open. It's come a long way since June. We also saw all the tiki statues in the empty space next door. is there going to be room for all those? Yowzah! I'm looking forward to many fine rum drinks there!

View Profile of Kirk H. Send a personal message to Kirk H.  Email Kirk H.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-07 10:02 am   Permalink

I have a goal.

New Years.

Robert

View Profile of Robertiki Send a personal message to Robertiki  Email Robertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
karmalaundry
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-12-26 12:11 pm   Permalink

So are you going to make it for NYE?

View Profile of karmalaundry Send a personal message to karmalaundry      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-26 9:24 pm   Permalink

well, after a long and hard work day. I realize that Thatch will not be open for NYE, especially since someone rented out POUR for big bucks and that will take all attention/staff.

I am looking at VIP/TCers party on Jan 5th. You have to send me a personal message to get on the list. I figure that way I can can keep out the rifraf/Jimmy Buffet fans.

Robertiki

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-26 10:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-26 21:24, Robertiki wrote:
well, after a long and hard work day. I realize that Thatch will not be open for NYE, especially since someone rented out POUR for big bucks and that will take all attention/staff.

I am looking at VIP/TCers party on Jan 5th. You have to send me a personal message to get on the list. I figure that way I can can keep out the rifraf/Jimmy Buffet fans.

Robertiki

Aloha Robertiki,

Wish we could make it but looks dim. Might be able to Jack a Car Stereo for ya though!! lol!!
( remember your first-ish post??)

Anyway....Congrats on your almost opening!!!

Can't wait to see some pics!!!

Maybe we will meet in person some day and have a laugh, over a cocktail or 6!!!

May the powers of Tiki be in your Bar!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-27 1:45 pm   Permalink

Congrats on the opening Robert! Can't wait to check it out this summer.

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTrevor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-28 5:35 pm   Permalink

Damn, the 5th? I don't move to Portland until the 11th. Oh well, I'll just have to go the following weekend.

View Profile of TikiTrevor Send a personal message to TikiTrevor  Email TikiTrevor Goto the website of TikiTrevor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MikeyTiki
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-28 7:31 pm   Permalink

Friday the 5th works for me, hope all goes well, I can't wait to see it finished!

You sure looked worn out the other day, so I hope you get some time to rest up before opening!.

View Profile of MikeyTiki Send a personal message to MikeyTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitronic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-12-29 05:20 am   Permalink

Beyond exited to hear you'll be opening!

We've been hearing updates from Maori Man,
but haven't been able to stop by and see progress (since the crawl stop last June at least:).

View Profile of Tikitronic Send a personal message to Tikitronic  Goto the website of Tikitronic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation