FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Ground has been broken on Portland's newest tiki bar
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Ground has been broken on Portland's newest tiki bar
Maori_man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-29 09:07 am   Permalink

Yeppers - the boss man and I put up the VIP hut roof yesterday. Looks great if I do say so myself. Tipsy factor is in full swing here folks - you will not be dissapointed! Lots of Jasmine tree artifacts to be seen also!

View Profile of Maori_man Send a personal message to Maori_man  Goto the website of Maori_man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
halicarnassus
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-12-29 2:10 pm   Permalink

WOOOO!

Having a new local tiki bar is going to be the hilight of my year. Cannot wait!!!

View Profile of halicarnassus Send a personal message to halicarnassus  Email halicarnassus Goto the website of halicarnassus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
karmalaundry
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-01-02 12:29 pm   Permalink

Aw yeah!

I'm in, and I'll bring my camera!

View Profile of karmalaundry Send a personal message to karmalaundry      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDevil9

Posted: 2007-01-03 8:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-26 21:24, Robertiki wrote:
well, after a long and hard work day. I realize that Thatch will not be open for NYE, especially since someone rented out POUR for big bucks and that will take all attention/staff.

I am looking at VIP/TCers party on Jan 5th. You have to send me a personal message to get on the list. I figure that way I can can keep out the rifraf/Jimmy Buffet fans.

Robertiki

I've been hoping to find a tiki bar in Portland since I moved here from Hawaii in July.

When will Thatch be open to the public? I suspect I'll become a regular real quick!

View Profile of TikiDevil9 Send a personal message to TikiDevil9  Goto the website of TikiDevil9     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-01-04 07:13 am   Permalink

I don't know if this is the official ad or a mock-up, but I ran across this today on a Portland design company's website ( http://www.gideonklindt.com/design.htm ), and I'm lovin' it!

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sporkboyofjustice
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 08:36 am   Permalink

All right, no Karaoke and no smoking!

View Profile of sporkboyofjustice Send a personal message to sporkboyofjustice  Goto the website of sporkboyofjustice     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 09:08 am   Permalink

Gideon, a friend of ours, did that for last year's TIKI-KON program. He did a great job.
TIKI KON 2012: Ten Year Tour! AUG 3-5, 2012: Portland, OR

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 09:33 am   Permalink

I was thinking of the tag-line...

"The other 'Only' tiki bar in town"

View Profile of Robertiki Send a personal message to Robertiki  Email Robertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Maori_man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-06 4:25 pm   Permalink

Robert - play nice! Don't make me start a "drink" rumor about your bar now - and you know what I mean!

View Profile of Maori_man Send a personal message to Maori_man  Goto the website of Maori_man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTrevor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-11 8:37 pm   Permalink

Oh man, I just saw the pic's of Thatch on Critiki. I am soo pumped to see the place when I move up there this Sunday. I might have to have my first drink in P-Town at Thatch this Sunday night...

View Profile of TikiTrevor Send a personal message to TikiTrevor  Email TikiTrevor Goto the website of TikiTrevor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MikeyTiki
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-11 9:54 pm   Permalink

I think Thatch is closed Sunday and Monday, so if you can't make it here Saturday you will have to wait until Tuesday.

View Profile of MikeyTiki Send a personal message to MikeyTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-12 10:14 am   Permalink

Tiki gods must sleep. But yes, will be open tue through sat.

Until then, go to the Alibi, Old school.

View Profile of Robertiki Send a personal message to Robertiki  Email Robertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-01-12 11:25 am   Permalink

And Thatch's hours of inebriation, er, operation are?

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-12 4:01 pm   Permalink

Tue through Sat, 5pm - late.

Late is subjective, but last night late = 2am.

soon will be 7 days a week. Right now gotta make repairs, more varnish on tables, get water feature pumps working, Etc.

seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-15 5:16 pm   Permalink

water features, huh?
Here's some water features....

http://www.tikisbyseamus.com

just noticed this was post 420 - dude!

[ This Message was edited by: seamus 2007-02-02 10:17 ]

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation