FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sam's Seafood Last Hurrah Crab Crawl 5/22
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Sam's Seafood Last Hurrah Crab Crawl 5/22
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-05-23 11:04 am   Permalink

What a great picture Traderpup! I still can't believe Sam's is closing. I can't make it this Saturday night but you may see me there this Monday night.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-23 11:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-22 11:49, johnnievelour wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-05-22 11:34, Monkeyman wrote:
This is bad ju ju. We are going to a restaurant to celebrate before its demise and the staff doesnt even know about it?

Are we sure we have all the facts straight?

Management most certainly should not be leaking information about its closing to the public before notifying the staff.

This is a big group. Its a tough crowd to keep quiet.

I fully agree with you Ookoo. Its good to be sensitive to those that are losing their jobs. Interrogation would be bad. Asking polite questions would be better.

[ This Message was edited by: monkeyman 2006-05-22 11:39 ]

Not telling the staff in the restaurant business is common. The managers usually tell them the day they are closing or dont even tell them. The employees just show up to a locked door and a note. management wants teh staff to work to the end, if some people know they were going out of business they wouldnt even show up.

Your right about that procedure johnnie, but working in this good/lousy business for 20 years, I know the staff knows, because there are no secrets in a restaurant/hotel environment. A lot of times the staff even know things before the management.
Can't wait for Saturday!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-23 12:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks to those that helped organize this and another thanks to those that have carried this monday night dining tradition for so many months.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-23 5:33 pm   Permalink

I saw this today at http://www.huntingtonbeachevents.com/bars.html

Quote:
Sam's Seafood 16278 PCH
Tropical dance shows during summer -closing for new townhomes & shops

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-23 6:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-23 11:04, thejab wrote:
What a great picture Traderpup! I still can't believe Sam's is closing. I can't make it this Saturday night but you may see me there this Monday night.

Hey Jab, all, I'm Up for one last Monday at Sam's even after the big one last night, and the Show on Sat.
Hell I may even get Crab instead of chicken( shock and Ah!!)
That was alot of fun last night, can't wait till Sat.!!!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2006-05-23 18:18 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danimal

Posted: 2007-05-02 10:05 pm   Permalink

All,
It broke my heart to see Sam's close. The place is an icon. I can remember driving by it in my dad's '56 Chevy, back when the '56 was a cheap used car. I used to bring out-of-towners to Sam's and the Glide 'er Inn as part of a mini tour of "the lost California". After all this time, I'm still in shock that Sam's is history.

I'm told that the swordfish neon sign is for sale. I hope it finds a good home.

The wrath of the tiki gods on greedy developers.

Dan

View Profile of danimal Send a personal message to danimal  Email danimal     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 09:01 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-02 22:05, danimal wrote:
I'm told that the swordfish neon sign is for sale.

That's got to be a rumor.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2007-05-03 10:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-02 22:05, danimal wrote:
I'm told that the swordfish neon sign is for sale. I hope it finds a good home.

The wrath of the tiki gods on greedy developers.

Dan

Who told you that?

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 11:46 am   Permalink

The guys got 5 POSTS kinda obvious he hasn't been around here following the current state of SAM'S.
Otherwise who would drag up this thread from last year and completely miss all the threads about the new mugs, new work by Bamboo Ben, discussion of re-opening dates and so on?

[ This Message was edited by: Dr.TikiMojo 2007-05-03 11:47 ]

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation