FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Big Sam's goodbye Party on Sat. 27th - Buffet Sold Out! RSVP if Interested in seeing the Show Only.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Big Sam's goodbye Party on Sat. 27th - Buffet Sold Out! RSVP if Interested in seeing the Show Only.
cyntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-18 12:40 pm   Permalink

Bealza-Elvis & I are in!

View Profile of cyntiki Send a personal message to cyntiki  Email cyntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-05-18 2:37 pm   Permalink

I just got back from putting the deposit down on the Hidden Village room and Buffet. Because of the short time and the difficulty involved in each attendee pre-choosing their dinner entree by Wednesday, we've opted to go with the buffet, but we've got the chef to add a fish entree to the chicken and ribs for the vegetarians in our group.

King Kukulele has agreed to Emcee the evening and it looks like we've got surf band, the Glasgow Tiki-Shakers lined up to perform and we're finalizing the headlining group right now. Cost should stay below the $35 estimate I gave earlier.

I'm also happy to anounce that our own Polynesiac is sculpting a commemorative pendant for the event, featuring the Sam's logo tiki, that he will offer at a very low price the night of the event. He's going to try to do this at cost, but any slight profit we make from the pendant or ticket sales will go straight to the bands, since they are performing on the cheap as well.

Bigtikidude or myself will add the final details of the event to the first post in this thread by tomorrow, (Friday).

Sam's Seafood is going to require a pretty accurate head count by Monday, so please spread the word through the tiki grapevine throughout tomorrow and the weekend. I'd like to get 100 folks or more if possible and from word-of-mouth from the tiki folks who haven't RSVP'd to this thread yet, it looks like we may reach that number.

Thanks to everybody who's pitched in and helped so far. The outpouring of tiki support is making this event go much smoother than I expected.

Sabu.

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-18 3:15 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-05-22 22:49 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-18 6:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-16 13:32, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
I just got off the phone with Linda at Sam's. Confirmed Tikitatt & Spermy's confirmation - Yes, Sam's will be closing June 4th.

I'm horrified. I was planning on doing my birthday there in July!

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-18 6:33 pm   Permalink

Thanks for getting this all together Sabu. It's pretty rad that you are stepping up to make this last event at Sam's happen. It feels like only the other day that Lapu, Amy, and I met you at Sam's for the very first time. That must have been like three years ago by now. Such a bummer that we're losing this place.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-18 7:05 pm   Permalink

Count me in + 1...I'm truly upset to see another establishment bite the bullet. I've never had the opportunity to make it into Sam's, but I have heard soo many great things about it that I cant pass this up!(I'm also bringing video camera for "historical interest".

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-18 7:45 pm   Permalink

Tim,
I know that it was your Idea and my idea to do a big event.
Thaks so much for doing most of the leg work on this. You're great man. Also thanks to Woo hoo for doing the list of "ins"

Please people if you are going to this we need a rsvp in a e-mail or PM to Woohoo asap.

thanks,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-19 11:03 am   Permalink

Check out the thread http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=19578&forum=17&1 The Martini Kings will be playing at Sam's! PM WooHooWahine and get your rez in (there are limited seats.)

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-19 12:17 pm   Permalink

me plus 1

View Profile of BettyBleu Send a personal message to BettyBleu  Email BettyBleu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-05-19 3:11 pm   Permalink

I've added details to page 1 of this post.

My apologies off the bat for having to stick to my original $35 estimate (I was more accurate than I thought). All the bands have agreed to play at much lower than their standard rates, and we've been able to add some great door prizes to the program as well.

I can't wait to see everybody! It's all the friends in my TC family that are going to make this send-off of Sam's memorable to me more than anything else.

Thanks again,

Sabu

PS: Anyone want to meet me for drinks at Sam's after work tonight? I'll be heading over there at about 6:30 or so.

[ This Message was edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy 2006-05-19 15:19 ]

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-19 3:47 pm   Permalink

thanks so much sabu and big TD for you efforts. The price per adult is understandable.

If you can finesse a much lower rate for offspring it would be appreciated.

Im thinking like $10. They barely eat. Of course if they are taking up a seat in a sold out house then I understand.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Larry Lava
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-20 2:08 pm   Permalink

Mr. and Mrs. Larry Lava are in!

View Profile of Larry Lava Send a personal message to Larry Lava      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2006-05-20 2:17 pm   Permalink

Count me in,

Hakalugi + 3 adults, 2 children

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-tina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-20 2:38 pm   Permalink

we're gonna try to make it...got to talk to the big tiki to be sure he does not have anything already planned...so for now, if you can, please count us in for 2 amd much aloha!

View Profile of tiki-tina Send a personal message to tiki-tina      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-tina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-20 3:51 pm   Permalink

okay, so it looks like we're gonna make it (I think we're gonna drive)...any suggestions on where to stay that's nice and close to both Sam's and the beach? We usually stay at the Hotel Laguna but I am thinking that it may be too far of a drive from Sam's...any ideas? Please let us know and thanks!

tm:)

View Profile of tiki-tina Send a personal message to tiki-tina      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation