FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts LavaFlow/Reesenik art. New sticker and mug! Mugs are going fast!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
LavaFlow/Reesenik art. New sticker and mug! Mugs are going fast!
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-04 4:03 pm   Permalink

Who wants to own a piece of Tiki history?
That's right, the paintings from the Tiki Oasis 8 Go Go dancer stages are now for sale. I'm taking any reasonable offer. Obviously shipping is an issue. Come on folks! You know you want something large scale and crazy cool. What better souvenir could one get from Tiki Oasis?
Post any questions, comments or statements of ridicule.

Dancer not included.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Antone

Posted: 2009-07-23 8:48 pm   Permalink

Bump - Wake up Matt and show us yer goods!

View Profile of Antone Send a personal message to Antone      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-26 6:50 pm   Permalink

Here are a couple paintings for the Send In The Clowns Art Show this Saturday.
ClownNik

This Soup Tastes Funny

Both are acrylic on wood panel, scroll sawed borders.
I'm trying to get the third one done but time is running out!

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-26 9:42 pm   Permalink

bitchin work matt, hopefully ill make it up to san clownmente and see them in person

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-27 08:27 am   Permalink

Very Fun,Matt!
Looks like the Clownin will be in FULL FORCE
on Saturday!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-23 9:25 pm   Permalink

Couple other paintings to add here.
This was the last in the Send in the Clowns series for Dave's Not Home's show a while back.

This was for Mariepalooza "Zombies Served Here" I have no idea who ended up with it.

This is for MP's NorCal Haunted Hotrods and Mystery Machines show.
"The Flying VonDutchman"

Sketch I'm working on for a new t-shirt and possible painting. Big Shawn Warcott influence on this one.

I'm actually in the middle of another piece I've been promising Polynesiac for what must be years. I'll get pics up once I get some real progress going.
Glad to be back at the brushes a little more. Gotta admit LLT and Big Toe have given me some inspiration of late.
Peace with every step.

Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-02 9:34 pm   Permalink

I know, I know, totally lame to bump my own thread. Hoping for some input/feedback etc.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-02 10:14 pm   Permalink

I'll bite: Matt I think of you as a carver and forget that you are a gifted illustrator/painter as well. Your Flying Dutchman turned out great and you cannibal pot is looking, well, "perky"!

You were probably looking for constructive criticism from one of the real artist - sorry, you got me instead

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-07-04 09:01 am   Permalink

I ain't no real artist either, but I know what I like and I likes me some reesenik! This modest guy just oozes with talent. Sit him down with a sharpie and within minutes he's finished a finknik inspired tiki piece! seriously!

The flying von dutchman is one of the best! I've always liked how you cut the wood to fit the piece. I think that's a unique touch.

I don't care how long it takes, I'm just stoked to know that I have a reesenik on the way!

Glad you're hitting the brushes again, I look forward to what you have next!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-08 05:59 am   Permalink

MDM, thanks for the kind words. All input is much appreciated.
Polynesiac, thank you also for the kind words. I got a good start on your painting and now my stupid camera busted! It's basically the same as the sketch I showed you.
I'm glad people liked The Flying VonDutchman. It was fun to paint.
Peace with every step.

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-08 07:52 am   Permalink

The Flying Von Dutchman is a HOOT!
I love how he's rolling along
and just shoots his cannon
BAM!
This new cannibal one is coming along nicely
It's interesting to see your drawing style
after only seeing your paintings
a lot more frantic....
like a streetchicken!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-08 5:50 pm   Permalink

See there. I like that last one. Need more of those kind. Girl in a cauldron. Love it braddah Matt.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-23 4:55 pm   Permalink

So here are some paintings I had at Oasis.

This is "Tiki Toast" acrylic on found board. Still available.

This is "Lunch?" which is still available.

And this is "There Goes The Lodge" which DJ Jack Hughes now owns.

Thanks for looking.

leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-23 5:06 pm   Permalink

Matt how did I miss seeing your art this weekend?
Oh thats right..the drinking got in the way!

I drove with MP so I only got to see the Flying Dutchman...good stuff there fella!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-27 5:06 pm   Permalink

"This Soup Tastes Funny" is a hoooot! Kinda like it's from the "Wacky Packages" era.

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation