FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts LavaFlow/Reesenik art. New sticker and mug! Mugs are going fast!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
LavaFlow/Reesenik art. New sticker and mug! Mugs are going fast!
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-31 12:46 pm   Permalink

How do I get one of those shirts? Do you have prints of anything available?

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-31 1:11 pm   Permalink

radd stuff matt, the dead voodoo man looks radd, the underpainting on it is killer too. and i love the drunken head shirt, im wearing mine right now!

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-31 4:14 pm   Permalink

Reese, great work. I love all your work, but my top two pic's are your shrunken head and the Voudon. I love the colors in the shrunken head and I can just picture it in a room with black lights. And the Voudon looks and reminds me of the great Crazy Al. Love the colors in this one too and all the fine little details. But I'm as to why in the world would you feel insecure about your art?

View Profile of tikipaka Send a personal message to tikipaka  Email tikipaka Goto the website of tikipaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-31 6:26 pm   Permalink

Spermy,Tikiduddy, Jungle Trader and Tikithomas thanks for the kind words.
Big Kahuna, PM me on the shirts. I'm still working on prints of various things. Anything in particular you're interested in?
Tikipaka thanks, Crazy Al told me if I'd put a beard with bones in it on that painting he'd sue me for copyright infringement.
Oh, I'm not insecure. I was just joking around.
Thanks again for all the support.

[ This Message was edited by: Matt Reese 2008-08-31 18:35 ]

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-31 6:59 pm   Permalink

MAtt, You have been doing some Really cool stuff
I m going over your thread and LKoving what yoiu are doiing, Man Keep on POSTING and Post More Often,HappyHappyHappy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-01 7:34 pm   Permalink

Thank you Ben. An honor, as always, to hear from you.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-02 4:57 pm   Permalink

Matt -- Your artwork is really cool! Wish I had an ounce of drawing talent. But I'm getting really good at stick figures.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-03 08:14 am   Permalink

"Voudon" is KILLIN IT,Matt!
Nice mood and the browns look great!
And the Pelican with the cap and the Crab are a HOOT on the "Brothers" painting..
Two totally different pallettes for two different subjects!
Rockin!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-04 04:56 am   Permalink

Thanks guys. The Voudon painting made me think of those 1970's monster magazine comics. They always had adds for paintings on the back covers that had weird, devil at the graveyard or ghost in a cage images. Drug fallout.
Thanks again.

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-04 3:41 pm   Permalink

Matt Reese's original art and Lavaflow Inn tees are also available at Freaky Boutiki in Mission Beach.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-21 3:09 pm   Permalink

Finished 2 more paintings. To steal Clysdalle's words "they're not tiki but I thought you might like them". Just feeling the Halloween spirit or something.

"Nice Evening" Acrylic on masonite It's about 19"x19"

"Demon Rum" Acrylic on panel. It's 6 and a half feet tall by 23" or so.
Like I said, not tiki, but Happy Halloween everybody!
Thanks for looking.
Cheers.

Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-21 3:16 pm   Permalink

That Demon Rum would look sweet on a big ol' Chevy Van!!!

We should do a painting jam like the oki oki, but expand it to painting, clay pinstripping.....

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Heath
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-21 3:54 pm   Permalink

Great work Mattress!

Glad to see you posting again.

View Profile of Heath Send a personal message to Heath  Email Heath     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-21 4:17 pm   Permalink

I like'em, Matt, especially Demon Rum. I can really feel the struggle!

How's that tiki coming, that you were carving at the lagoon chop?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-10-21 6:19 pm   Permalink

ooohhh.....I like that "nice evening" popping out of the frame like that.

Glad to see you postin' and paintin'! let's see the tiki!!!! (the one you were carving, that is)

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation