FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKI-INVASION, Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre, 8/5
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
TIKI-INVASION, Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre, 8/5
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-09 09:06 am   Permalink

The van would've been SWEET! But the Hyundai will do!

View Profile of 'Vid Send a personal message to 'Vid  Email 'Vid Goto the website of 'Vid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikigoob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-09 09:09 am   Permalink

If Ran brought the van... He could bring more rum than in the Hyundai....
Somebody help him fix the van..... Please....
Think Mobile Tiki Bar...

View Profile of Tikigoob Send a personal message to Tikigoob  Email Tikigoob Goto the website of Tikigoob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-09 2:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-06 17:20, thejab wrote:
So, who's bringing a classic car? I'm going to feel like a dork with my rental car at the drive-in. Maybe I'll just park it in back and walk around.

Jab, you cluld check out Rent-a-Wreck, sometimes they still have classics.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-09 2:57 pm   Permalink

Hey Jab,

Adam and I will be rolling out in either my 62 Comet (the atomi-comet!) or his 53 Ford. There is plenty of room if you wanna hang with us. Just no throwing popcorn or getting JuJu Bees stuck in my hair!!!

Wow, this event sounds awesome!!! I can't wait. I have it in my calendar-written in sharpie!

I think I met some of the folks involved with the Mission Tiki Drive-In on a Sunday at The Lucky Tiki . . . I'm sorry I'm so bad with names, but THANK YOU for putting together such an amazing tiki event!

See you there!

-Suzy(Atomikitty)

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-06-09 3:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-09 14:57, atomikitty wrote:
Hey Jab,

Adam and I will be rolling out in either my 62 Comet (the atomi-comet!) or his 53 Ford. There is plenty of room if you wanna hang with us. Just no throwing popcorn or getting JuJu Bees stuck in my hair!!!

Yeehaw! Count me in. I promise not to pull your ponytail. Mahalo!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-09 5:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-09 09:09, Tikigoob wrote:
If Ran brought the van... He could bring more rum than in the Hyundai....
Somebody help him fix the van..... Please....
Think Mobile Tiki Bar...

Why, do you have money to give me for parts?
Yeah, it sucks, but there's no way all the work is going to get done in time. Plus, since if all goes according to plan, we'll have a 1 month old baby with us, and the van is not baby compatible, yet.
Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-11 8:15 pm   Permalink

This would be a good addition to the movies...... http://www.sphinxproductions.com/pages/ratfink.html

Has anyone seen this? Sounds very cool indeed!

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KimoTiki

Posted: 2006-06-19 02:09 am   Permalink

Just got my tix, I'll see everyone there.

View Profile of KimoTiki Send a personal message to KimoTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AquaZombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-19 2:56 pm   Permalink

Well, g.d. it, The Tiki Goddess and I had vowed not to take any more trips the rest of the summer so we could pay off Hawaii, but this falls squarely under the Too F'in' Cool To Pass Up No Matter What category, so I just ordered our two VIP passes. Mahalo. Yea, make that mucho mahalo. See ya there.

[ This Message was edited by: AquaZombie 2006-06-19 14:59 ]

View Profile of AquaZombie Send a personal message to AquaZombie  Email AquaZombie Goto the website of AquaZombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-19 6:40 pm   Permalink

Attention all potential Tiki-Invasion vendors!

Our vendor application and rules are now available online at
www.missiontiki.com

If you are interested in vending, we still have room for you! It's not too late!

Vendor spaces $75 for a 20x20 space, which includes two general admission passes (you and an assistant). You'll need to bring your own tables, chairs, shade, etc. We do have electricity available if needed, please specify on the application.

We are currently negotiating a motel deal with the Best Western/Pine Tree in Chino, CA which is about 1 mile from the Mission Tiki Drive-In. It's not fancy, but it's clean, affordable and it does have a bit of retro charm. Plus it's only two doors down from Honolulu Harry's, Chino's very respectable attempt at a Trader Vic's. Sweet!

Rooms average about $60, we're trying to do a little better than that. Mention Tiki-Invasion and see what it gets you.

Here's the link to the hotel:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32205-d76479-Reviews-Best_Western_Pine_Tree_Motel-Chino_California.html

View Profile of 'Vid Send a personal message to 'Vid  Email 'Vid Goto the website of 'Vid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-19 8:20 pm   Permalink

Does anybody have a nice Tiki bar or two we can rent or borrow?

[ This Message was edited by: 'Vid 2006-06-21 22:16 ]

'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-22 11:12 am   Permalink

Folks have been asking about lodging for Tiki-Invasion, so I'm posting some links for 3 nearby candidates.

1. Sheraton Suites Fairplex

For the discriminating Tiki-Invasion guest, there is the Sheraton Suites Fairplex. The Sheraton is 8 miles away from the drive-in, about a 15 minute drive. The large lobby is done in travertine, brass and mahogany and rooms normally run around $149 to $179 for 2 adults in a king bed. TIKI-INVASION rate is just $109!!

It's lovely, luxurious, sparkling clean and very inviting. We loved it, despite the just under 8 mile distance from the drive-in. Staff was courteous and helpful in a corporate brainwashed kind of way, LOL.

If you want guaranteed comfort like high thread count sheets, travertine bathrooms, squeaky clean surfaces and library quietness... this is your Tiki-Invasion hotel.

Sheraton Link:
http://specialoffers.starwoodhotels.com/sheratonsuitesfairplex/so.aqf?PS=PS_aa_Google_sheraton_suites_fairplex_21306_NAD_FM

2. The Hotel Claremont

We like this place but found the Hotel Claremont slightly questionable in it's present condition. It's not repulsive by any means, far from it... in fact when we visited there was a hot rod convention at the Pomona Fairplex and many of the rodders (who could probably afford to stay anywhere) were staying at the HC. The online reviews gave us hope for both very clean and affordable lodging, but when we visited we found several of the non-smoking rooms had a noticeable (but not overpowering) stale odor, the carpets did show occasional (unidentified) stains and the hotel's exterior wasn't maintained they way we would have liked. Generally speaking the place looked okay but a little tired. We've stayed in worse and you probably have too, LOL.

The good news: The manager assured us that by the time Tiki-Invasion happens, they will have painted inside and out, and re carpeted all of the rooms too. If that is the case, it will be a winner. It is very convenient to the Mission Tiki, less than 5 minutes drive, right off of the 10 Interstate. Rooms are normally moderate in price ($109/night average for 2 adults in a king bed). TIKI-INVASION RATE is just $59. Staff was very friendly and helpful, bonus points for that. The pool and tennis courts looked clean and inviting. Not a bad choice by any means, just not quite as attractive as our choice #1. Starbucks and Denny's next door!
Link:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32215-d76537-Reviews-Hotel_Claremont-Claremont_California.html

Happy hunting!

[ This Message was edited by: 'Vid 2006-06-27 17:02 ]

thejab

Posted: 2006-06-22 11:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-19 18:40, 'Vid wrote:

We are currently negotiating a motel deal with the Best Western/Pine Tree in Chino, CA which is about 1 mile from the Mission Tiki Drive-In. It's not fancy, but it's clean, affordable and it does have a bit of retro charm. Plus it's only two doors down from Honolulu Harry's, Chino's very respectable attempt at a Trader Vic's. Sweet!

Rooms average about $60, we're trying to do a little better than that. Mention Tiki-Invasion and see what it gets you.

Here's the link to the hotel:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32205-d76479-Reviews-Best_Western_Pine_Tree_Motel-Chino_California.html

I checked availability on the BW web site, and found a AAA rate for $50/night for a Queen bed. Sounds pretty good to me so I booked it for Friday and Saturday night, but let us know if you negotiate a cheaper rate.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-27 1:03 pm   Permalink

We understand there has been some difficulty booking rooms at the Pine Tree Lodge, that they may be closing. If you have already reserved a room, please double check with them!

Now the good news...

Teri has had very good luck negotiating with The Sheraton Suites Fairplex... it's a bit further, but they're giving us a GREAT deal on some REALLY beautiful suites... $109 for Tiki-Invasion guests!
Call them and tell them you're with Tiki-Invasion!
601 West McKinley Avenue Pomona, California 91768 United States
Phone (909) 622-2220 Fax (909) 622-3577

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/contact.html?propertyID=662

Also got a great deal at the Hotel Claremont for just $59.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32215-d76537-Reviews-Hotel_Claremont-Claremont_California.html

Just mention TIKI-INVASION at either place and they'll quote you an exact rate and hook you up.

Any trouble please e-mail me. Thanks!

[ This Message was edited by: 'Vid 2006-06-27 13:09 ]

[ This Message was edited by: 'Vid 2006-06-27 17:03 ]

thejab

Posted: 2006-06-27 1:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-27 13:03, 'Vid wrote:
We understand there has been some difficulty booking rooms at the Pine Tree Lodge, that they may be closing. If you have already reserved a room, please double check with them!

I called and they said they are full, and they are no longer taking reservations, but they will not be closing.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation