FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » TIKI-INVASION, Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre, 8/5
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
TIKI-INVASION, Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre, 8/5
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-07-24 7:34 pm   Permalink

zazz-now I gotta figure out where we should stay!

did the Claremont ever get repainted?

If you like it,it is ZAZZ! If you don't, give it a RAZZ.

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley 2006-07-24 19:35 ]

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-24 7:44 pm   Permalink

its comin it's comin,
big weekend
Ran,Kick the Reverb's band the Sand Devils are playing the Fri aug 4th night before
at the Leucadian in Leucadia near Encinitas with Pollo Del Mar 9pm
and then the 5 bands at the Huntington beach Pier on Sun the 6th from 11 am to 5 pm.

God( sorry I mean tiki) I love California,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-27 3:22 pm   Permalink

Nice we got a break in the heat!

We just booked a couple of critical food vendors... Delicious frozen ICE CREAM and COLD BEER! LOL

We'll also have two large misting booths, and misters under the lanai, but not as to douse the Martini Kings! Those guys are super cool already!
See you all there... any questions about Tiki-Invasion please holler!

'Vid

View Profile of 'Vid Send a personal message to 'Vid  Email 'Vid Goto the website of 'Vid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
R U Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-27 10:25 pm   Permalink

This may be a dumb question (if so I apologize in advance). I have a friend that is going to attend Tiki-Invasion. Since Houston is not a mecca for tiki items I plan to send him with money to bring me back tiki goodies. Is there a list somewhere of vendors that will be selling tiki and what type of things that they might be selling so I can point him in the right direction? Are any of the artists from TC selling there?

View Profile of R U Tiki Send a personal message to R U Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-28 08:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-27 22:25, R U Tiki wrote:
This may be a dumb question (if so I apologize in advance). I have a friend that is going to attend Tiki-Invasion. Since Houston is not a mecca for tiki items I plan to send him with money to bring me back tiki goodies. Is there a list somewhere of vendors that will be selling tiki and what type of things that they might be selling so I can point him in the right direction? Are any of the artists from TC selling there?

I know Tiki Tony will be there, Adrift, Possibly Bosko!,Von Franco, Me (Tiki Diablo), .....and more. Sure we can put a list , or if you are vending post here.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-28 08:57 am   Permalink

I will be there too with a handful of originals, a few framed prints, decals and some Octane Radio promo stuff. Last time I talked with them, the folks from Untamed Highway and Sideshow stamps were going to have a booth also.

See you there should be some kinda fun. Stop by the booth and say hi!

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-28 8:06 pm   Permalink

Yes, I will be vending.

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-29 11:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-28 20:06, Swamp Fire wrote:
Yes, I will be vending.

Hey Doug, love the print you did. I definitely want one, but I won't be able to get there until the afternoon. Anyway you can set one aside for me?

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-29 7:20 pm   Permalink

Band lineup and assorted news ~

Lots of folks have been asking me what time certains bands play, and the Burlesque dancers, etc.

Here's a schedule of what's happening on stage:

JUVINIHILISTS- 10:45am
THE WELLINGTONS- 11:20am
VICKY TAFOYA - NOON
DAVIE ALLAN & THE ARROWS - 1:00pm
TIGER TIGER! - 2:00pm
THE GHASTLY ONES - 3:00pm
MISS BONNIE DELIGHT’S BURLESQUE REVUE - 4:00pm
SLACKTONE - 4:45
AUTHENTIC POLYNESIAN FIRE & KNIFE DANCERS
THE WOGGLES - 6:15
THE 88 - 7:15
THE MUFFS - 8:15

THE MARTINI KINGS will play in between sets of the main stage bands starting after Tiger Tiger!

Note the two opening bands have changed, as Couple and El Capitan had major 7th musical difficulties beyond their control.

The Juvenihilists are a bit of an all star band featuring Johnny Knox of Hi-Test fame (maybe you remember him from Hukilau '04) and Dan Elektro of The Woggles on drums. 'Vid (yours tuly) formerly of The Cogburns dusting off the famed Fenderbird bass and Shane of Tiger!Tiger! on guitar and sax. Great band to kick this shindig off with!

The Wellingtons are a rare treat for us Yanks as they come all the way from downunder in Melbourne, Australia. They have perfected the snappy, uptempo guitar driven sound best known as powerpop and sound somewhere between early Green day and The Rembrandts. Smooth harmonies, magnetic guitar riffs and melodies with pop hooks that will tear your shirt off. You'll be humming Wellingtons tunes all damn day. They are killer muscians and if I could I would have placed them much later in the lineup, but this is a last minute replacement and I need to be fair to other bands in the lineup. We're thrilled to have them in their first US appearance! Do not miss!

Other notes ~

Any vendors out there still wishing to sell at Tiki-Invasion, you are in luck! Download a vendor application from
www.missiontiki.com and bring a check or cash with you to the gate on event day. PLEASE arrive early, gates open at 8:00am.

Looks like more good news... we will have cold beer on tap PLUS a full bar available to the general public! Also explore the grounds to find the ultra hip "underground" tiki lounge known as Trailer Vic's, operated by none other than Johnny Knox and his adorable squeeze Melissa. This is a (you are reading this correctly) FREE bar that operates on tips, so be generous as you're guzzling that VooDoo rum from real bamboo cups!

Also please remember that the box office only accepts CASH, no checks, credit cards or debit cards. There is an ATM inside the snack bar once you're inside, after you have purchased your tickets. If you want to charge your tickets please purchase them online at www.missiontiki.com.

Thanks and we'll see you there!
'Vid

View Profile of 'Vid Send a personal message to 'Vid  Email 'Vid Goto the website of 'Vid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
R U Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-29 8:15 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the info about the vendors...I am making out my shopping list! Can't wait to get some new things for my Tiki bar, especially works from some of the artists on TC.

View Profile of R U Tiki Send a personal message to R U Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-07-30 12:26 pm   Permalink

I'm flying into Ontario so can I borrow a lawn chair from someone? I'll be bringing some rum punch that I will be happy to share.

6 more days. I can't wait!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-30 1:39 pm   Permalink

Ontario airport is perfect, maybe 10 minutes away!

We'll have some extra lawn chairs I think, we used to have tons of them but they tend to disappear after consuming numerous Mai Tais when movies are over. No worries, we'll get you seated. Worst come to worse there is a Walmart or something nearby. And I'll gladly try a swig of that rum potion! Sounds yummy!

'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-30 2:46 pm   Permalink

Hey ya'll!!

You are all invited to the Tiki-Invasion kickoff party at the Saddle Sore Saloon in Norco, CA!

We're having an informal pre-party at The Saddle Sore. I know it may seem strange to have a Tiki Invasion party at a cowboy bar, but we have our reasons...

The Saddle Sore is quite charming, the locals ride their horses to the bar, hitch them up in the corral (yes, it has it's own corral) have a steak dinner and a few beers then ride their horses home!

Special price on Mai Tais Friday night!

Friday night will be a great chance for us Tiki-Invaders to hang out, have dinner, talk Tiki, shoot some pool, play pinball, listen to live music, dance and carry on. For you out of towners it'll be a nice glimpse of old California as this is one town near L.A. that hasn't changed much over the years.

Show up when you can, say after 7:00pm or so...

The Saddle Sore Saloon is off the 15 Freeway, exit on 6th Street and go south. The SSS is about 2 and 1/2 miles down on the left (landmarks - it's just past Desparado's and the old North American Van Lines trailer, LOL).

Saddle Sore Saloon
343 6TH St
Norco, CA 92860
(951) 272-1021

TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-30 3:35 pm   Permalink

Tiki-Ray will be vending there with tiki's and carvings . I will also be doing LIVE carving . See ya there , Tiki-Ray

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-31 11:59 am   Permalink

More good news!

The weather will be very comfortable at 89 degrees for a high, according to weather.com. That's a walk in the park! Here we were all afraid it was gonna be 100+! Beautiful weather, yippee!!

We'll still have the misting booths, shade tents, etc to help keep everyone cool.

For a full list of what to bring to the drive-in, go to
www.myspace.com/missiontiki

For those who have not purchased tickets in advance, we do have a limited number of VIP tickets available for sale ($30) at the gate if you arrive early. General admission ($20) will also be available. Cash only at the gate.

We'll also be showing the new Will Ferrell comedy Talladega Nights, and the new movie version of Miami Vice starring Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx on the other screens if anyone would prefer those over the cult classics.

Please arrive early! We expect a big rush between 1:00pm and 3:00pm. Beat the rush, get the best parking spot for the movies and hear all of the amazing bands!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation