FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » TIKI-INVASION, Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre, 8/5
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
TIKI-INVASION, Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre, 8/5
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-08-02 08:53 am   Permalink

We can't wait...it will be zazz!

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-03 09:38 am   Permalink

Mai Tai and Coco Loco are onboard!!

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-03 10:53 pm   Permalink

FALLING COCOS will be there!.......... Don't forget to ask for your Tiki Central discount.

Sunday we'll have a booth at Huntington Pier for the International Surfing Museum event.

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-04 12:23 pm   Permalink

Hey ya'll!!

We're just a day away!!

Pleasantly overcast skies make it perfect for us... very comfortable all day long and GREAT for some awesome photos.

This is going to be so much FUN!!

Earlier I posted that we would have beer and drinks, but our vendor had to cancel as he was having trouble with the short notice and his permit. So, it's back to BYOB or look around for Trailer Vic's. Sorry about the confusion.

We'll have the vintage movies on two screens. If you prefer a new release movie, we'll have Talladega Nights and Miami Vice on the other two screens.

A last reminder on what to bring:
Folding chairs, boom box style radio, a cooler (NO glass bottles), hat, sunscreen, maybe an umbrella for shade (or for drizzle even). No credit cards, cash only so hit the ATM before hand.

Thanks! Come early and have a blast!!

View Profile of 'Vid Send a personal message to 'Vid  Email 'Vid Goto the website of 'Vid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-04 12:26 pm   Permalink

Oh, and the band schedule:

JUVINIHILISTS- 10:45am
THE WELLINGTONS- 11:20am
VICKY TAFOYA - NOON
DAVIE ALLAN & THE ARROWS - 1:00pm
TIGER TIGER! - 2:00pm
THE GHASTLY ONES - 3:00pm
BONNIE DELIGHT’S BURLESQUE REVUE - 4:00pm
SLACKTONE - 4:45
POLYNESIAN FIRE & KNIFE DANCERS 5:30 to 6:00pm
KING KUKULELE 6:00 to 6:15
THE WOGGLES - 6:15
THE 88 - 7:15
THE MUFFS - 8:15
THE MARTINI KINGS will play in between sets of the main stage bands starting after Tiger Tiger!

Car show, bands and over 60 vendors all day long! Vintage movies at night!

www.myspace.com/missiontiki

Thanks - over and out!
'Vid

View Profile of 'Vid Send a personal message to 'Vid  Email 'Vid Goto the website of 'Vid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho

Posted: 2006-08-04 3:51 pm   Permalink

King Kukulele only gets 15 minutes?

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-08-04 5:17 pm   Permalink

SUNDAY at the Egyptian Theatre there's a Ski and Surf Double Feature. Surf Party has the Astronauts and the Routers! See all of you tomorrow! Woggles dance off!! I'll be doin' the jab.

Sunday, August 6 7:30 PM

Ski And Surf Double Feature:

SKI PARTY, 1965, MGM Repertory, 90 min. Dir. Alan Rafkin. It seemed only natural that strange mutations would evolve as the beach pictures continued in popularity at the drive-ins, and here we have the kids hitting the snowy slopes for their summer fun. Hard-up teen guys, Frankie Avalon and Dwayne Hickman (TVs "Dobie Gillis"), fearing they will continue to strike out with the objects of their affections, follow heartthrobs, Deborah Walley (GIDGET GOES HAWAIIAN) and Yvonne Craig (Batgirl from TVs original "Batman") when they depart on a ski trip. A bizarre subplot has Frankie and Dwayne taking a page from SOME LIKE IT HOT as they dress up in drag to spy on their girls. In the meantime James Brown and His Famous Flames (!) perform mega-hit, "I Feel Good" and Leslie Gore sings her ever-popular perennial, "Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows."

SURF PARTY, 1964, 20th Century Fox, 68 min. Director Maury Dexter (THE DAY MARS INVADED EARTH, MARYJANE) helmed this ultra-rare, ultra-low budget knock-off of American Internationals successful BEACH PARTY. Lead teens Bobby Vinton, Patricia Morrow and Jackie DeShannon (a then-regular on TV pop show "Shindig!" and soon to become a sixties pop idol herself) cavort on the beach to the sounds of The Routers (featuring Scott Walker!) and The Astronauts. Shot in colorful black-and-white with back-projected waves for that ultra-realistic beach ambience! NOT ON DVD!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-08-05 09:20 am   Permalink

Hey Jab.....I have Surf Party on DVD. I will be taking a break and heading out to Mission Tiki, then Surfin Sundays in Huntington Beach tomorrow. See ya'll there.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-05 2:08 pm   Permalink

Does the sound for the films come through AM of FM?

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-08-05 10:10 pm   Permalink

ALOHA!

THIS JUST IN...East Coaster 'TravelingJones' caught flipping sand out West today at the Mission Tiki Invasion! SsweeetT time out the black-top and sunny Drive-in surfing the crowds today! Suprise! Suprise!
The Ohana basking about like seals and sea lions of a beautiful secluded cove of the Golden State!

Technically, I was 'working' the crowd while on travel assignment. An extremely pleasant suprise to meet and match, so many faces and voices to thier usernames! Tiki tOny, King Kukulele, C'Al, Mr.Smiley & inkylouise, Mai Tai and Coco Loco, Kirby, Chongolio, Mean Gene, BongoFury, Cult of the Eye, and as I had to depart the event... in rolls Tiki Diablo to deliver the show stopping, jaw dropping - Tiki 'popcorn' mug!

Meeting all kanes & wahines today was THE HIGHPOINT of my second week on the road USA! Would love to embellish upon the warm, yet brief conversations today...but I will just leave it, as is... a wonderful time.

Great time at the Tiki Invasion event, the organizers, the entertainment and all the folks that shared their time with me...Chokest Mahaloz!

Shaka Y'aLL!!!

Flippity-fLip-flOpp'n-fLipPp...

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teekster

Posted: 2006-08-05 11:53 pm   Permalink

We had a blast today -- great vendors, great food, nice weather, great entertainment ... but just one dilemma. I thought we were told BYOB, and then at the end of the night the ATF showed up and was walking around writing people up who had BYOB and had open containers. Thank god for that guy who was running through the parking lot warning everyone; he certainly saved us from a ticket. That really put a damper on the evening and made us and many more just take off during the Muffs and miss the movies.

View Profile of teekster Send a personal message to teekster      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2006-08-06 02:45 am   Permalink

Such great live music ALL through the day definitely made it worth the $20 GROG had to pay to get in. GROG bummed because
GROG didn't pick up THE 88 cd. Nice meeting those of you GROG
didn't know before, and good seeing those of you GROG already
knew.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-06 1:59 pm   Permalink

PICS ? ...... please.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-06 5:15 pm   Permalink

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-06 5:28 pm   Permalink

sounds like a great time! jonesEy, big mahaloz for scorin' the new tiki diablo mug for me. as for puttin' danny on the phone with me, i musta sounded like a 13 year old talkin' to a teen idol. "uh, hi danny, uh, i'm a big fan, uh, luv your stuff, uh, uh, duh!" it was exciting, though. you da travelin' tiki man jonesEy!

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation