FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Kirby's Art (paintings}Slingin paint again "KonTiki"pg8
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Kirby's Art (paintings}Slingin paint again "KonTiki"pg8
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-20 10:42 pm   Permalink

I concur with sub-Pagan. I'd like to see you do some more paintings in the style of Eruption. It's a nice piece!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 6:21 pm   Permalink

Here is a few things ive been working on... the first is a painting I did for the london luau,
Its supposed to represent trader vics in london,with tikis as royal guards. Ive never been to london but I think it has a lil london flair...

This is done in a lil looser style, it kinda looks like hes whining {I hope thats spelled right}, so mabey he will be called "the whiner"

This one may look strange to you, so I will explain...littlelosttiki invited me over to his studio to hang out a paint,talk shop,and smoke cigerettes, along with clydesdale. I have a strong fondness for the master 70s Telivision paint instructor Mr. Bob Ross. So i thought i would try my hand at a lil Ross inspired landscape... To stay true to Ross I did it in about 30 minutes, {I think you can tell}..kinny said it needed a tiki so I added one fishing in the stream..I now know Bob ross is a master for wippin out masterpieces in less than half an hour..

I usualy dont post progress shots of my paintings but theres alway a first tim for everything.. I havent got a name for it yet,so if anybody has a suggestion feel free to post...big mahalos ...kirby

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 6:53 pm   Permalink

Dude!
Can't believe you posted the bob ross! Hi-larious!Clysdalle wants to do a Bob Ross Smackdown some time soon,so sharpen your palette knives! The whiner is really cool with that rough raw style! I'm REALLY likin it! Here's to the London Luau! Pip! Pip! Cheerio!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 6:53 pm   Permalink

Right on, Kirby! Nice treatment of the cobblestone and thatch on the Trader Vic's piece! You're killing me with the Bob Ross piece! "Let's put in a happy little tiki here!" Dig the layers of rock on the piece in progress too....nice depth goin' on!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 6:54 pm   Permalink

The tikis in the first painting with the royal guards furry caps!!!!! LOL... Thats pretty good. I think you captured the London thing PERFECTLY wit that..

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 10:40 pm   Permalink

Kirby, I love the Whiner, I like your looser style in that piece, like "The Eruption", the London Luau has some greatness going on too. Thanks for posting those.

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 10:47 pm   Permalink

Kirby, your work is always good. I like your new ones too. How about calling the last one "Bleeding Volcano".

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 11:39 pm   Permalink

Wow, those paintings are beautiful!

You had the honor to paint with LLT? Lucky! The Bob Ross tiki painting is still awesome tho! Love the added tiki, good suggestion!

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-06 02:19 am   Permalink

I really like that loose tiki with the red background - a lot of vibe in that one

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-06 05:02 am   Permalink

Love the humour (English spelling) in the London Luau original - very nice!!!!!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-06 6:12 pm   Permalink

kinney , Im down for the ross smackdown, I have a bunch of episodes saved on my tivo so Ill practice up
Pagan, your da man, you got some great stuff goin on yourself, I love it.. keep it up..
Balls..mahalo, and thanks for continuing to support me and the other artist like me.
sneaky.. I realy enjoy the looser paintings, I kinda use them to get relaxed, and feel free..
hil.. Ill give some thought to that. nice suggestion
ravenne..thanks alot,I think that kinney is the one who was the fortunate one to be hangin with me..
hewey.. Your awsome, I alway enjoy hearing from you mate..
croe...The british are always funny...jk..

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-09 11:15 pm   Permalink

The red one is HOT baby!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-11 06:45 am   Permalink

groom your white man fro because it's on!!!!!

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-16 6:06 pm   Permalink

Aloooooooohaaaa!!!!!Its been a while... As you may or may not know I have been out of the loop for a while. The reason is that Im getting ready to buy a house, so polly and I had to move in with her dad for a few month while we save up some extra cash for the down payment.So all ye ole paintbrushes and chisles are packed high and tight in the garage...Ive been working on supercharge mode this whole time, and also have had limited access to the net,so that explains my absence on TC. for the last month or so I have been going nuts
not being able to do my art,so with no place to paint or carve, I figured I would try my hand at some digital painting, with photoshop. Its been quit frustrating but Im starting to get the hang of things. This is my first and second attempts the first is an angler fishfloatlamp Im working on hangin him in a tiki bar painting im still working on. The second is full scale and Im calling it "Lava God". Its based on the unfished painting above. Im also working on getting some prints done at some point so If you are interested let me know.
mahalo ...kirby

close up

Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-16 6:15 pm   Permalink

Right on Kirbs!
I like em both! The transparency on the fish scales is BOMBS!
And the lighting and shadows on the skulls of the second one
give it that MAJOR sense of realism!
It looks like you've been able to switch mediums and still keep the
Kirby flavor! Right on! Stoked that you're finally back to creating
some art!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation