FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Central's Tiki Crawl 6: July 21-23! (The crawl is over!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Tiki Central's Tiki Crawl 6: July 21-23! (The crawl is over!)
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2006-07-12 4:06 pm   Permalink

Yeah, the ticket system will limit you to your original ticket request or 2, depending on which one is greater. So if you requested 1 seat, you can get 2.

Regrarding pricing, each location will be selling foord and drinks like usual. Trader Vic's in Emeryville will be preparing a special appetizer menu for us that is a flat fee, but that is optional too (you just won't get appetizers).

If anyone wants a full meal at Trader Vic's Emeryville, please make reservations before the crawl because due to the size of our event, individual orders won't be taken. I recommend making reservations anywhere up to 2:00pm to give you time to make it to our Guest Room at Trader Vic's, and to not miss the bus.

Quote:

On 2006-07-12 15:25, JenTiki wrote:
Hey Hanford,

Another question ... if we only wanted 1 bus ticket when we signed up on the email list originally, but now we want 2, will that be a problem?

Also, since I haven't done the crawl in the past and don't know the procedure, is there an additional charge to be part of the crawl, or do we just pay for each drink at the venue? What's the deal?

Mahalo,
JenTiki

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-12 4:26 pm   Permalink

Zazz!
Thanks for the info! Can't wait!
JenTiki

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2006-07-12 4:38 pm   Permalink

But tickets are expected to sell out rather quickly. If you haven't used paypal in a while I suggest logging in and making sure you remember you password and have an update method of payment.

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore 2006-07-12 16:38 ]

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuckieshaft
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-12 6:07 pm   Permalink

Ummmm,. yaaaah.... why dont you just give me the paypal addy where the cash will be sent to. Then,,, I'll send some cash to make sure it works. I'll then let everyone else know that it works ok. yah know... so they dont have to worry about it.

That goes for drinks as well, you should let me try it first.. I'll make sure its safe.

-stuckie

View Profile of stuckieshaft Send a personal message to stuckieshaft  Goto the website of stuckieshaft     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-12 8:01 pm   Permalink

I can't wait. Noone gets to try my drinkies before I do though.

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-13 12:43 pm   Permalink

In the past, the Tiki Central Tiki Crawl has had a raffle to help defray the costs of the event (room rental fees, bartender fees, etc.). This year, Hanford is keeping costs down where he can (the bus tickets are actually less expensive this year, despite a rise in bus rental costs), and he's going to be covering a fair amount of the costs himself, as a big thank you to the people who make Tiki Central what it is -- the wonderful people.

Instead of having a raffle, we want to have another way to say "thank you" to everyone who participates. This year, we're trying something new that we're pretty excited about...

The Tiki Central Tiki Crawl Passport!

This souvenir passport is a 12-page booklet, with a page for each stop on our Thursday-through-Saturday tour. (It's also the one thing Hanford is letting me work on for him, so it's co-sponsored by Critiki. ) At each stop on the tour, come to me and I'll give you a sticker that shows you were there. On Saturday, at the Kona Club, we'll hold a drawing for prizes -- each sticker you get gives you an entry into the drawing, so the more places you visit, the more chances you have to win! There's no other way to get these stickers -- no tickets for sale -- and you must be present at the drawing to win.

We've already collected some neat prizes, but if you have something you would like to donate to the drawing, as a way of saying "thank you" to your fellow Tiki Centralites for supporting Tiki Central, the Tiki Central Tiki Crawl, and Bay Area tiki businesses, that'd be swell! Just PM me.

I can't wait to see all you guys next weekend!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-13 12:50 pm   Permalink

What a wonderful fun idea!
I wish I could come crawl with you!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-13 1:21 pm   Permalink

I feel like a Mervyn's commercial ... "Open, open, open!"
4 hours and 39 minutes to the mad dash for bus tickets!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-13 5:40 pm   Permalink

Sweetpea and I (Suzanne from The Diva Pinup.com) are also putting together something fun for the bus folks! We decided together that since no goody bags were being offered this year, we'd get together and provide some! So, bus riders, get ready for this fabu goody bag! Hula Gal soaps by Miss Pea, Tropical Hair Flowers by The Diva Pinup (me :D) and lots of other fun tiki goodies. One bag per person on the bus!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-13 5:43 pm   Permalink

Sweetpea and Suzanne,
That's so generous and fabulous! I can't wait to meet you gals!

JenTiki

suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-13 5:45 pm   Permalink

16 more minutes till tickets!

Can't wait to meet you also, Jen and everyone!

Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-13 6:14 pm   Permalink

Bang Bang.. I got mine!
Chongolio

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-13 6:17 pm   Permalink

Ding ding din!
Suzanne and I are on the bus!!!
Some soaps will be palm trees and some hula gals.
Wheeeeee
better git workin on those soapies!
Pea

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-13 6:32 pm   Permalink

Getting tickets on the bus makes me feel like saying

whhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

That's for pea. and the bus. and the Banana Mamacows I'll be having at FI.

YAY!

Suzanne

tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-13 7:00 pm   Permalink

Wheeeeeeeeeee! We're on the bus!!!

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation