FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Caliente Tropics Luau weekend July 14th-16th !
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Caliente Tropics Luau weekend July 14th-16th !
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 12:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-30 19:55, bigtikidude wrote:
I'm still lost on the "we are welcomed back" statement.
No offense of course, it just seems that some people are wanting a bit more info than ,hey ho, lets go.
The Management was very rude, disrespectful, shall I say assholes
before. I for one would like a public appology by them before I ever stepped foot on that property.
I know I'm kinda a newbie. But from what I heard about how they treaterd the old manager, and then acted towards Otto when trying to plan this years event.
I think everybody is to qucik to jump on the party bandwagon, and forget what happened before.
If they are all cool about it, and appologize,then that's one thing.
But to just say oh well and go back is kinda hypocritical in my book.

My 2 cents( which wont buy much)
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Unga = A complete idiot to think Otto wouldn't come into play with this thread.
I hope to think that I have the utmost respect towards Otto more than a lot of other fellow TCers might have, and I do.
But hey, it's a free country, and I'll stay where I wanna stay.
Sorry if it pisses anyone off.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krustiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 06:45 am   Permalink

The Management at the Tropics were never rude or disrespectful to me. When they took my money they said thank you. When I was hungry, they did not refuse to serve me at their restraunt. The bar served me drinks, the rooms were cleaned in a timely manner. I do remember breaking many posted rules. Room Parties to all hours, the pool was open much later than posted. I am sure we all could make a list of all the rules that we did agree to follow in the room agreements, and then proceed to violate.

On the other hand I do remember management shutting down numerous room parties at a more recent event.
Biz is Biz. I am sorry for any ones business loses or hurt feelings, but that one is for LawyersCentral.

View Profile of Krustiki Send a personal message to Krustiki  Email Krustiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 06:45 am   Permalink

Well all said and done let's plan a date already!!!

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 07:55 am   Permalink

Over the years, buildings get sold. Management teams are replaced. If we return to the Caliente Tropics, it's not because we approve of the current management, but because we want to help support and preserve one of the few remaining Tiki hotels.

If everyone in the Tiki community boycotts the Caliente Tropics, we will hasten the day that the bulldozers destroy it, or it is "remodeled" into something else.

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-31 09:26 am   Permalink

LET'S DO IT!!! I'm in the desert today....I may swing by and talk to someone. If I do I'll post it later.....

By the way, its already 88 degrees and it's only 9:20am!!!! Nice!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to thawing out soon!!!!

WoooooooHoooooooooOOOOOOO!!!!!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-31 10:13 am   Permalink

WOOOHOOO! I just got off the phone with Soccer Tiki and it's 97'. Viva Palm Springs!!!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-31 3:04 pm   Permalink

The Caliente Tropics (still)has tiki!!!!

Aloha Bill says our luau will be great!!!

Remember this?

The Reef Bar now Aloha Bill's (same great Bamboo Ben decor!)

Stay tuned for details and dates!!!!!! Something fun, affordable and SOON!!!

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2006-05-31 22:02 ]

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-31 3:17 pm   Permalink

WooHooo! My bags are packed and ready to go. Don't forget your sunscreen

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 3:35 pm   Permalink

I don't remember ever hearing from the Caliente Tropics that we weren't wanted or welcome, I only remember that they turned down a request for NYE room discounts, that they weren't on the ball with Oasis, so Otto opted to go elsewhere, and that sadly they were very doinky to a good friend of ours, Casey Jones (but that resulted more in a general sour public taste towards the Caliente Tropics, it wasn't at all a case of the Caliente turning the public away). But I don't remember anyone getting the message from the Caliente Tropics that we weren't welcome there, so I'm with the head-scratchers... what's different about this week than what we knew last week, or last month, or last year? What inspired this thread?

That said, it's a cool, old-school tiki place, and Casey & others worked hard to save it from losing its character. It'd be a shame if all of their hard work went down the drain, just because they're no longer involved, and Casey himself has asked people to continue patronizing the Caliente Tropics for that reason.

So... get a room, already!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 3:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-31 15:35, Humuhumu wrote:
What inspired this thread?

Rum

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-31 6:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

So... get a room, already! Humuhumu wrote

Before you get a room, wait to see what Soccer Tiki has to post

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-05-31 18:10 ]

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 6:32 pm   Permalink

well, no matter what, i'm going the weekend before the fourth of july.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 7:37 pm   Permalink

squeal!! Where's my special Ice Chest, Woo Hoo?!!

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 9:48 pm   Permalink

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=19256&forum=2&2

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-31 10:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-31 21:48, RevBambooBen wrote:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=19256&forum=2&2

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a special rate for a "Luau Weekend" in July... The manager told me that they have replaced all the bedding (mattresses, pillows, etc.) and kept the tropical decor in the rooms...There are 9 (or 15-I can't remember right now) rooms that are pet-friendly.

More to come.....

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation