FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Caliente Tropics Luau weekend July 14th-16th !
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Caliente Tropics Luau weekend July 14th-16th !
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 07:38 am   Permalink

Not anytime 'tween July 16th to 23rd...right? Cuz we'll be sippin homemade Lapus on the sunny shores of Bass Lake and tearin' up the place on our stinkin, motorized, smog belchin, 2 stroke lake skis. Remember? Crap. I'm "PREPARING"!

[ This Message was edited by: Hau 'oli Tiki 2006-06-01 07:38 ]

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 09:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-29 00:35, Unga Bunga wrote:
Apparently we're welcomed back.
Let's plan an event!

Unga, please explain how are we welcome back? What inspired you to post this? Did you or someone you know stay at the tropics recently and have a pleasant experience? A number of TCer's have asked and the question has been skirted. If it's that you just want to go there and party? That's fine-I like the tropics too. However, the current Management was rather nasty to us at the last Oasis while checking in. We stayed at the Tropics soon after Oasis to attend a friends wedding. the same attitude from the management prevailed. They gave our friends a whole load of grief at the last minute over details of their wedding that had been settled by the previous management. I don't need (or even want) to have my ass kissed by a business but would at least like a little politeness. I don't even want or expect an apology. But, are not hotels supposed to be in the hospitality business? They were not very hospitable.

So did this change? Were they overly nice. Did they say, "Tiki Central members come and stay at the Tropics"?

So I will make the question clear (and please try to be specific):

HOW ARE WE WELCOMED BACK?

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 09:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-01 09:24, Atomic Cocktail wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-05-29 00:35, Unga Bunga wrote:
Apparently we're welcomed back.
Let's plan an event!

Unga, please explain how are we welcome back? What inspired you to post this? Did you or someone you know stay at the tropics recently and have a pleasant experience? A number of TCer's have asked and the question has been skirted. If it's that you just want to go there and party? That's fine-I like the tropics too. However, the current Management was rather nasty to us at the last Oasis while checking in. We stayed at the Tropics soon after Oasis to attend a friends wedding. the same attitude from the management prevailed. They gave our friends a whole load of grief at the last minute over details of their wedding that had been settled by the previous management. I don't need (or even want) to have my ass kissed by a business but would at least like a little politeness. I don't even want or expect an apology. But, are not hotels supposed to be in the hospitality business? They were not very hospitable.

So did this change? Were they overly nice. Did they say, "Tiki Central members come and stay at the Tropics"?

So I will make the question clear (and please try to be specific):

Blah! Blah! Blah!

( go back to your sewing machine!!)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 09:52 am   Permalink

ARRRGHHHHH! BITE ME (but baste me in Triple Sec and Grenadine first!)

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 10:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-01 09:52, Atomic Cocktail wrote:
ARRRGHHHHH! BITE ME (but baste me in Triple Sec and Grenadine first!)

A Blast from the Past!!

( not 100% grey yet!!)

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 10:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-01 09:24, Atomic Cocktail wrote:

With Visa or Master. (No food stamps please)

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-06-01 10:45 am   Permalink

Why? Because in the summertime they want anyone they can get. It's the slow season. They need the business. Duh.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 12:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-01 10:27, RevBambooBen wrote:
...( not 100% grey yet!!)...

... 98%...

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 6:52 pm   Permalink

anyways, ok, so the possible dates are??????

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 7:57 pm   Permalink

Palm Springs? Tropics? Hmmmm, YES. Dates??

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-01 9:29 pm   Permalink

Dates and info tomorrow.....

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-tina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-02 02:09 am   Permalink

Great pictures, Soccer! We'll be there (hey, it's only a short 3.5hr drive from our place) unless it's between July 10-30, cuz we'll be in New England then! Can't wait to check out the new lounge!!

Interestingly, while out on sales calls (gotta earn those clam shells somehow)I learned that the folks who own the Tropics now also own a very cool hotel in SoSco(aka South Scottsdale) called the 3 Palms Resort Oasis (
www.scottsdale-resort-hotels.com ).

It just opened and in another life was an old limited service hotel that's been renovated into a cool and hip little boutique hotel.

Even though it's a bit far from all of the action and not on the Scottsdale Trolley line, the design echos the Valley Ho and is pretty cool in it's own right....now if they only had a tiki bar on site!

More pics can be found here, www.modernphoenix.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1135 if you are interested....I guess what I am trying to say is that if they did a good job here, there is hope for the Tropics, too

View Profile of tiki-tina Send a personal message to tiki-tina      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-03 3:03 pm   Permalink

Any news yet on dates?

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheTikiGuy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-06 10:48 pm   Permalink

I do really love Palm Springs. The Weather is marvelous and the Tropics is still in my book quite the Tiki Gem!! I am thinking about heading out if a date can be inked or not. Mahalo!

View Profile of TheTikiGuy Send a personal message to TheTikiGuy  Email TheTikiGuy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-07 08:50 am   Permalink

The date will be posted very soon!!! Keep your eyes open

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation