FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Coon-Tiki Project Redux: O.K., NOW I'm Finally Finished!! pg.2
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Coon-Tiki Project Redux: O.K., NOW I'm Finally Finished!! pg.2
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-27 8:20 pm   Permalink

this thing rocks!!! great lesson here... nice

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-27 9:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-27 01:36, Tiki Lee's wrote:
Thanks Again.... Ya'll! <---Shameless Coon Tiki Reference

"Boy, you got a real purdy mouth..."

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-28 06:20 am   Permalink

As they say, "What happens at Dollywood, stays at Dollywood." It's the stuff that happens at Coon Tiki that goes home with you.

This is as good a place as any to say it. I had been trying to get Bob and Leroy from Oceanic Arts to lead a Coon Tiki class next year, but they have declined. Their lives are just too busy and all these decades of carving have them less interested in stressing their wrists than ever. I might offer a trip out anyway, just to talk story and maybe they can relax their arms with some fishing instead.

I have not been interested in a Coon Tiki this summer or even in Fall. It's been so busy for me I have hardly carved a lick. But, we'll get a class together again soon enough. As always, drop me a line with your ideas.

Lee, great work. And you left a t-shirt in the cabin. It's been cluttering up my kitchen table since Coon Tiki. Come on over and pick it up sometime...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IsleConch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-24 7:29 pm   Permalink

Great mask Lee, the details are just magnificent.

View Profile of IsleConch Send a personal message to IsleConch  Email IsleConch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-24 8:12 pm   Permalink

Very Well done TL. Better Late then Never. Folks, this man Never Gives Up!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sunrise

Posted: 2007-01-25 3:55 pm   Permalink

Great stuff everyone. I feel like a complete idiot and am totally bummed. I was excited to see Coon Tiki coming in April and made plans to attend my first Tiki gathering, or something like that. I realized last night it took place in 2006 and not 2007! If it means anything, I'd love to see another one scheduled - I'm sure it takes a ton of work, but I'd love to help/attend. I'm just starting to carve and learn the old fashioned way of trial and error, so actually I wouldn't be much help. But, I hope something's coming up. Happy carving!

View Profile of sunrise Send a personal message to sunrise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-25 5:28 pm   Permalink

I haven't spoken with Swank for awhile, but last I heard we were planning to do another Coon Tiki this July maybe. Stay Tuned!
How many would be interested?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-25 5:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-25 17:28, Benzart wrote:
How many would be interested?

Assuming I can swing the cash, nothing could stop me from being there!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Reid-O
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-01-25 6:17 pm   Permalink

Great looking mask!!! Last weekend I started the same style mask and after just seeing yours here on T.C. I am super stoked to get back in the shop tonight to knock this thing out! Awesome work!

View Profile of Reid-O Send a personal message to Reid-O  Goto the website of Reid-O     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sunrise

Posted: 2007-01-26 2:39 pm   Permalink

I'd be in for Coon Tiki in July!

View Profile of sunrise Send a personal message to sunrise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-26 10:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-25 15:55, sunrise wrote:
Great stuff everyone. I feel like a complete idiot and am totally bummed. I was excited to see Coon Tiki coming in April and made plans to attend my first Tiki gathering, or something like that. I realized last night it took place in 2006 and not 2007! If it means anything, I'd love to see another one scheduled - I'm sure it takes a ton of work, but I'd love to help/attend. I'm just starting to carve and learn the old fashioned way of trial and error, so actually I wouldn't be much help. But, I hope something's coming up. Happy carving!

To all carvers out there (You too Tama and Paipo!),

Don't feel like a complete idiot anymore! Don't feel bummed anymore!

Take it from me! If this event happens - do not miss it. I went to 2006 CoonTiki and I want to register asap (and steal a spot!) - but I'll wait until others had a chance. If there's any openings later though, I'm gonna scarf one up. This kind of stuff just doesn't happen every day.

gap

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-27 4:39 pm   Permalink

I would so be interested. Even if I gotta bring a tent and camp out to save a few bucks.

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-29 06:51 am   Permalink

Oy. I had talked to Ben abou tdoing it again and now I am in the middle of renovating our new house and everything is on hold.

I do want to do it again and I know Ben is up for it and BK will show up regardless. We have rethought the whole thing and come up with a game plan to make it better for everyone.

When it will happen... We'll see.

End of July, early August, the Haole Kats will be down the road in Crossville, TN and I have talked to them about playing a gig in Knoxville on Friday and my luau on Saturday. With all this house stuff going on, there may not be a possibility of my doing a luau this year. That would make it very cool to have them on hand at Coon Tiki and see what we can put together that way.

Join the
mailing list and bug me about it. We will be moved into the house end of February we hope and get more settled in and ready to think about such things.

The big thing is that the new plan for the event means it will be a lot less time consuming on my part so that it can happen easier.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-29 1:39 pm   Permalink

HappyHappyHappy, HappyHappyHappy, This sounds Better and Better, A Truly Memorable event.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation