FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events International Tiki Day Party-August 12-2006
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
International Tiki Day Party-August 12-2006
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-31 7:07 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the response so far. We do have a grill so bring it on Bigtikidude! I may be asking for some volunteers to help out (guest bartending, cooks, etc.) if needed. Mrs. Fury was talking about Kahlua pork tacos or something easy.

I asked Bong a few weeks ago if he could play or attend, but he already has a gig that weekend. Damn rock stars......we may still be able to get Kenny G , but he said he was having trouble learning Quiet Village.

This town is loaded with hotels in case you don't want to pitch a tent on the lawn (or dirt as it is), and I think they are reasonable since we are not right on the water here. We do have lots of floor space (guest rooms are already spoken for) More to come.....keep your eye on the room progress over in Creating.

Congolio & Unga Bunga! (I love that pic of the surf break at Rincon, mostly a winter swell) NorCal represents! We are 11 miles closer so we hope to see more of you all, though we haven't been so good as to travel your way yet. After the house is done we hope to travel a lot more before I need a walker. Later.....

[ This Message was edited by: bongofury 2006-06-01 05:55 ]

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
goddess-sun
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-31 7:50 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: goddess-sun 2006-05-31 19:53 ]

View Profile of goddess-sun Send a personal message to goddess-sun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 10:55 pm   Permalink

Send me up with Ona for the weekend and I can help with the build out.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 12:05 am   Permalink

Lookin forward to it!

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga 2006-06-01 01:25 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 12:06 am   Permalink

IN in spirit Bongo... wish I could be there!

Will we see you and the guys again in Fort Lauderdale?

I know Cabana Boy will be there again this year!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-04 12:59 pm   Permalink

Bump,
After last weekends party at Ric and Monicas place.
Has made me really want to check out the new Rincon room.
Can't wait...

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-07-06 9:04 pm   Permalink

International Tiki Day is on track! The Rincon Room will be ready. The pond will be finished tomorrow and OnaTiki is set to come back next week for some of the finish details. If anyone would like to guest bartend please let us know. I will post more info. Here is what is set so far:

Party from noon til ???

Live music by The Glasgow Tiki Shakers.

Breakfast for overnighters.

Here is hotel info for those that want to get their groove on in private:

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-474148-camarillo_ca_vacations-i

The nearest hotel is the Candelite, about 3 miles away. Also recommended is Courtyard by Marriott, the first hotel on the south side of town about 5 miles away. Motel 6 is also close, but read the reveiws......looks good on the outside.

From the North exit the 101 at Lewis Road (look at the beautiful Catholic church on the hill with the liqour store and tattoo/piercing joint across the street). Same exit from the South too. If you are coming from the South Bay, L.A., etc. you may want to hit Pacific Coast Highway at the end of the 10 in Santa Monica and drive through Malibu and up around Point Mugu throuh the farmland. It may add 20-30 minutes, but a better view. PM me for the actual address (be patient as I am not a daily visitor). Easy to find with a google map but you will need to zoom out at least once.

Also our friend Polynesiac is working on a special necklace to celebrate the event.

We will also be celebrating Mrs. Fury's birthday (it's actually a couple weeks later) as we will have some out of town guests that wont be there otherwise (no gifts please, your presence will be her present)

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTikiBoom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-07 01:10 am   Permalink

I am planning on this right now. Still need to make travel and sleeping arrangements but I'm gonna be there come Bail or BongWater! Gonna be my first big tiki trip!

Whatever you need help with, you name it and you got it!

Tonight, we will have a big feast. And then, at the end of the feast, we will climb to the top of the Big Woo, and you will jump in. Okay?

View Profile of TikiTikiBoom Send a personal message to TikiTikiBoom  Email TikiTikiBoom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-07 1:14 pm   Permalink

Im in for a guest bartender slot!

TBird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-07 1:39 pm   Permalink

I will volunteer as a guest drinker and crowd control.

I will also supervise the stage dives so nobody gets hurt.

Didnt you say that Skoal was sponsoring the event?

Should I bring my clip on mullet?

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dolphin Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-08 1:55 pm   Permalink

Aloha Furies!! (and to the rest of TC!)
I know I've been a little out of touch for awhile...
Count me in! (+1) James and I will be there!!!
I miss everyone too much!

[ This Message was edited by: Dolphin Tiki 2006-07-10 07:19 ]

View Profile of Dolphin Tiki Send a personal message to Dolphin Tiki  Email Dolphin Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-09 05:10 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: filslash 2008-09-16 14:13 ]

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-07-09 11:43 pm   Permalink

C'mon filslash.......you're supposed to be here, aren't you?

Please don't bring any fancy rums that we can't just mix up right here and now (unless you are going to help me drink it or it's from Cuba). Not that we don't appreciate it, but we usually drink beer and tequila. Just your standard light & dark. Beer is good too if it is from Germany, Mexico, Australia, Japan, or microbrew. Lite beer for you only.....I don't know anyone alse that drinks it. Mickee is going to do some Kahlua pork. We will have some rice and tortillas ( surfin food). Any thing else on the pot-luck order to go with it is good (lobster, prime rib, etc). I never got any deviled eggs at Ona's (hint-hint). The grill is open to anything you want, but don't let your fish touch Mrs. Fury's food (damn we're picky).

I have a ton of extra Hawaiian, exotica and a few surf lps. Bring your duplicates and let's all do some trading!

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-17 10:51 am   Permalink

Hey Bongofurry,
If this heatwave continues is it cool if we dake a dip in the fish pond?
joking of course, I think???

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-07-20 8:00 pm   Permalink

It's still hot, but in the high 80s with morning fog for now. It can get chilly at night too. Check the weather report as the day gets closer. You can stick your feet in the pond, but things will get ugly if you mess with the pirahnas. I can turn the heat off in the spa. If we can find some lime sherbet (for some reason the local stores don't have any right now) you might be able to get Mrs. Fury to whip up some "Hawaiian Eyes" with or without booze It will bring down your core temperature, but beware the brain freeze.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation