FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » International Tiki Day Party-August 12-2006
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
International Tiki Day Party-August 12-2006
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-08-10 7:40 pm   Permalink

Thanks to all that PMd. Kick The Reverb is bringing a bunch of syrup (Mrs. Fury has plenty of pancake syrup), but won't be there til later in the afternoon. So....Cyntiki if you are coming earlier that would be groovy if you've got a spare. Rob Roy is also checkin to see if there is some in Ventura.

It was warm today (82 degrees) but we will be getting some morning fog in the next couple of days and Saturday looks to be 76 and 59 at night. We look forward to seeing everyone here!

Aloha

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-10 7:43 pm   Permalink

Q-tiki and I will be there after 6 pm, can't wait.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-11 9:08 pm   Permalink

WOW...well, here is the official International Tiki Day Pendant! This carving is based on the signature tiki for the rincon room that was originally done by the mastah himself: Mr. Tikidiablo. I've downsized it, carved it, molded it, cast it, and painted it just for you wonderful tiki peeps!!!! There will only be 25 available and only $15 each! I'm aiming to be there around 3:00pm Can't wait!

As of right now, I only have 4 totally finished! eeeek! gotta get busy!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-08-11 9:59 pm   Permalink

Last minute info: We are the last house on the right at the end of the cul-de-sac, there are no numbers on the house and someone may park in front of the curb numbers. Please go through the gate on the left side of the house as we will be in the back and won't hear the doorbell. If you need a football fix, the Dallas Cowboys training camp is 15 minutes away. For the surfers, bring your boards as County line and C Street are a 20 minute drive. Mrs. Fury will be making breakfast for the overnighters and anyone that can't make it Saturday. I'm still up for lp trading if anyone is interested.

Besides the ultra cool Polynesiac memento, there will be stuff from TikiTony, and Dr. Z may bring some of his collection rarities for you to fondle and purchase. There will be some surprises too, but your not coming just for the swag.

The Rincon Room awaits......

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-11 10:46 pm   Permalink

Must. Get. RinconDiabloPolynesiac. Necklace. I covet it.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Al-ii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-11 11:50 pm   Permalink

I'll bring your USC cushion, Sweet Cheeks.
See you there,
Al

[ This Message was edited by: Al-ii 2006-08-11 23:50 ]

View Profile of Al-ii Send a personal message to Al-ii  Email Al-ii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-12 01:28 am   Permalink

I hate work! Work sucks!
I got stabbed in the back by work to get this day off.
Bongo, my loss not making it.
I know it's going to be a blast.
Long Live The Rincon Room!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-12 05:50 am   Permalink

I am off work today, yahoo! ...but wait, I'm in Berlin. That commute sucks, too.

Have a great time, everybody, I will be there in spirit! Will lift one at the Rum Trader for you tonight.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-12 07:35 am   Permalink

I can't believe no one is posting celebration crap on THIS the most HALLOWED of DAYS in any Tiki Centralites calender! Shouldn't this be like CHRISTMAS...or at least BOXING DAY??

A Most Happy Intergactiki TIKI DAY to all--lets BEEF up this POST__IT'S TIKI DAY, Y'ALL!!!

BB MoondoggyO
sweatin' to Quiet Village in AZ

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-12 09:33 am   Permalink

I WILL be making an appearance contrary to my absence of late! Been going through a lot of changes since production ended on "Tom Goes to the Mayor" and have been trying to figure out my next move and the best place to contemplate the future is surrounded by the good flowin' vibe of the Rincon Room! Of course, my friend is also having a baby shower today at 6 p.m. so I'm debating as to whether I should show up before or after....something tells me it will be much more interesting if I show up later! But, I WILL be there!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-12 09:42 am   Permalink

this sucks crap...... first i was to be in SF for a super 40th Bday for one of my best friends... then i thought i might may make ITD since i missed the last RinCon rucus... but now i'm just making stuff for next weeks Tiki Fest....

have fun!! save me a tiki necklace! har har... no realy!

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dolphin Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-12 11:01 am   Permalink

Last minute change--James will be unable to make it (he got shipped off to Idaho for 4 days). But I'll still be there and I'm bringing a friend--she was one of my neighbors when I first moved up here (she just moved about a month ago), but it turns out she's a tikiphile, too! Oh, and I'm also bringing my 7-layer dip (w/ chips in tow). Those of you who were at the Onatiki's party last summer may remember it.

See you all this afternoon! (I'm hoping to be there in time to buy a necklace from Polynesiac!)

View Profile of Dolphin Tiki Send a personal message to Dolphin Tiki  Email Dolphin Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-12 12:57 pm   Permalink

FYI for anybody not already there - I'm runnin' late and probably won't be there until 6:00. Maybe sooner, but 6:00 sounds like a good guess. Sorry!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VonTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-08-12 4:04 pm   Permalink

I'm on my way!!

View Profile of VonTiki Send a personal message to VonTiki  Email VonTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-12 4:13 pm   Permalink

Pandora and I will be heading out in about an hour, I'd say... As BongoFury mentioned, I'm bringing about 25 mugs/glasses (some common stuff, some harder to find, including a VooDoo Grog!) and 4 or 5 menus that I will be "Silent Auctioning" off, so bring some $$, keeds! Also, if'n I can squeeze myself in amongst all the amazing mixmasters that will be behind the bar, I'll be debuting a new drink: The Captain Jack Sparrow! Lookin' forward to seein' all our peeps and celebrating ITD & the Rincon Room in style!

Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation