FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events International Tiki Day Party-August 12-2006
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
International Tiki Day Party-August 12-2006
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-12 6:55 pm   Permalink

You guys are killing me. Enjoy.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-12 7:25 pm   Permalink

We'll be lighting our Solar Un-Tiki Torch.

Rub my cabinet!!!

Someday I will fondle it in person. Someday......

Have a good party you Tiki Freaks! The Bongo Hut Rocks!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-13 12:01 pm   Permalink

just a quick thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Fury for inviting us and having one of the best parties we have been to. It was nice meeting some old friends and some new ones. Thanks again and hope to see you two soon.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-13 12:12 pm   Permalink

Bongofury is such a fraud, he acts all gruff and tough but he put together the most awsome TiKi village that I have ever seen, invites a small army over, making sure nobody had an empty glass or plate, and in the middle of it all he says. " I really don't like people" Yeah, right! What a wonderful day and evening, blessing us and lovin on everyone! Mrs. Fury never sat down the entire time, truly a total expression of Aloha! Thnak you so very much for an incredible experience. What time next weekend?

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-13 12:50 pm   Permalink

The Rincon Room....WOW! What an amazing tiki lounge! What a home! What a collection! What hospitality! What a party! Every bit of it was brilliant! Thank you so much for opening up your home and being the hosts with the mosts! What a great ITD! Mahalo!

Johnnie Velour's bloooood bowls.... hmmm? which one do I pick?

Happy ITD smiles from Cyntiki and Bealza-Elvis

King KuKu, Princess Kuku, Grog and Tiki Tony's Baby Tangaroa just hangin around!
The Glasgow Tiki Shakers

Ack!
Atomic Cocktail and the loveliest of lovelies Vintagegirl
The velvet gallery

Polynesiac, Grog, Al-ii and PiPhiRho
Our dashing host Bongofury and Happy Birthday wishes Mrs. Pug!
Kick the Reverb, Bigtikidude and Dr. Shocker
Flounder burlap painting
What was on the ITD menu? Atomic Cocktail stew of course. Tasty IMHO, but needed more salt.
Nitey Nite Mr. Tiki!
Ok I'm gloating...My Johnnie Velour bloooood bowl... delish!

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki 2006-08-15 11:27 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-08-13 12:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks Bongo and Mrs. Fury for hosting such a nice party. The place looks AWESOME!! It was great seeing all of you again who I already knew and nice meeting those of you whom GROG hadn't met before.Thanks Polynesiac for the tiki pendant
and Tikitony for the print.

Sorry GROG couldn't stay longer, but once Chongolio passed- out on the bridge where GROG had originally intended to pass- out, GROG figured GROG's plans were screwed.

Still, it was a most excellent International Tiki Day celebration.

Mahalo

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-08-13 7:54 pm   Permalink

We would like to thank all of you that came from near and far to help make International Tiki Day and the re-opening of the Rincon Room such a smashing success. TikiTony did a great job on the entrance, TikiTikiBoom was a whirlwind of activity and helped out a ton, all the guest bartenders, Al-ii, Kick-The Reverb, TikiBird, Doctor Z, and the ever lovely Whale Rider who spent triple duty on deck while I bailed out after making a few margaritas (????) and shots early on. No Bongwater Cocktails this time. BigTikiDude and Johnny Velour manned the grill. Thank you all for the lovely gifts, our neighbors, the Camarillo Police Department, the Glasgow Tiki Shakers, the very entertaining foam turd, and again everyone that came to our edge of the tiki world. Special thanks to Polynesiac for the cool neckwear, TikiTony and Rob Roy for the ITD prints and Smogbreather (who was there in spirit) for providing the logo mugs (unsolicited) from Mrs. Fury's graphic arts skills of my chickenscratch design. Al-ii helped in the kitchen the next day for the dozen or so overnighters and kept the blue pancake tradition alive. Chongholio slept (?) with the fishes. The party is only as good as the people that attend and I would have you all back in a heartbeat. Happy Birthday everyone, I hope you had as much fun as we did! Please post your pics. Aloha and Mahalo!

Mr. & Mrs. Bongofury

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-13 9:07 pm   Permalink

I'm glad all of you had such a good time at my big brother's house.
Cool.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-13 10:59 pm   Permalink

my oh my, Dat sho am good.
Pictures are great, and we would all love to see and be able to have more.
But nothing really captures the feel and vibe and beauty of actually being there.
What an amazing place. a slice of paradise if I may say.
Thanks again to the Fury's for having all of us up there. We all really put the
Rincon Room, and the House also thru its paces, and it came thru in flying colors.
I would also thank Ron for letting some of us crash there. I was too drunk to put up the tent, and nabbed the very comfy, and Long( if it fits me, it's long) couch in the Rincon Room( bar).
What a time we had. The very best of times.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2006-08-13 23:00 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-08-14 10:52 am   Permalink

Thank you very much to Mr. and Mrs Bongofury for the wonderful time. I had a BLAST! Also thanks to all the tiki peeps I had the pleasure of interacting with (and the ones that I unfortunately never got a chance to hang with) - you're all a very fine bunch of upstanding tiki snobs...er... aficianados!

and YEOWZAH! what a back yard! that hut is my dream hut. I could sit on that throne for hours. Amazing work by the fury's, ona and tikitony. The entarnce, the hut, the waterfall, the pond, the bridge, the tiki torches and THE FISH! and with the live sounds of the excellent Glasgow Tiki Shakers, it was the perfect spot to relax. Too cool. THanks for opening it up to all of us.

Dawn - those pics are great! thanks for being a shutterbug! anyone else have any shots?

and for those that waited for me to arrive and didn't get one of the commemerative necklaces (I am SOOOOO sorry!), I'm making another run of them. If you were at the ITD party and didn't get a pendant and want one, please PM me. I'm compiling a list to see how many to make.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 11:14 am   Permalink

Thans to Bongo for another great party......I had suchan awsome time seeing old and new friends alike....the place is so much more amazing than I couldhave dreamed.....

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 12:06 pm   Permalink

Wow did I really just take a road trip to heaven. This last weekend was straight out of some kinda crazy dream that ended much too quickly. Big Kine Mahalos to Mr & Mrs Fury (for EVERYTHING!!!), Tiki Tony, Polynesiac, The Glasgow Tiki Shakers, the guest bartenders, food and booze bringers, and everybody who pitched in. Another big ol Thanky to all the fine folks who attended, shared the laughs and smiles to also help make the evening better than a fried slice of gold. This party was such an unexplainable good times that words will never do it justice. The Furies and Onatiki have really taken the backyard tiki bar to a new level and it is simply awe inspiring the amount of hard work and detail that went into the new Rincon Room. The Glasgow Tiki Shakers played amazing sets of choice covers and originals that helped seal the deal as an ITD that will be hard to beat. I got to meet a few more TC peeps and put faces to the names and see some of the old freinds again. Hope to see some of you at Hooptylau in September. One more big ass thanks to Hula Hula for driving both to and fro on our mile pounding mission from Monterey Bay.

Thanks for postin' the Pics Dawntiki!

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 12:18 pm   Permalink

Chongolio,
I really need to get a digital camera.
I would love to post a pic of you all snuggled up in your blanket, in the fold out
hammock, next to the pond, on Sun. Morn. too cute.
And almost forgot, thanks to you or John Paul for puttin' the foam poo right in front of my eyes. so when I woke up, it was staring at me.

also Killer Pendants Polynesiac, and
the Glasgow Tiki Shakers rule!!!!!!!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2006-08-15 21:42 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 1:05 pm   Permalink

Now THIS was a party! The food, the mixtures of fine adult beverages was a sight to behold. Oh and the backyard was amazing! Astounding workmanship! Well done!

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 2:02 pm   Permalink

Big thanks to Mr & Mrs. Bongofury for a great party, Utopiandreem & i had a great time seening alot of long time tcers there, & for Tiki Bong for creating ITD.

TBird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation