FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events International Tiki Day Party-August 12-2006
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
International Tiki Day Party-August 12-2006
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 8:14 pm   Permalink

this looks like it was an amazing event...thanks for sharing the pics...a had time was good by all!

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTikiBoom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 8:40 pm   Permalink

Where to begin...Okay let's start with WOW being the word of the day on Saturday! The Rincon Room is an escape in everyway!

I wish I had taken more pictures of the actual Rincon Room so you could get just a small taste of how great it turned out. As stated before, the Fury's and Onatiki really went to extremes to make it as amazing as everyone says it is.

Here are just a few shots snapped of the attendees:

Lil Mini Reverb watches with big, round, red eyes. Much like the rest of us. Hers were flash induced however.. UNLIKE ours.

Whale Rider and Spermy

Say now... that's not yours!

A lovely pic of Cyntiki and BeelzaElvis

Dr. Shocker...looking.. hmmm.. shocked that we caught him unawares

Not toooo much...not tooo little.. They'll never know what hit them...Muahahaha!

Vontiki

Al-ii and GROG... at least I think that's GROG. He was walking upright most of the evening so I can't be sure.

It's almost as if they KNEW I was taking their picture.

Tiki Kate with mugs that AREN"T broken!

JP in a more candid moment measuring Doctor Z. Or maybe he is patting his head. I don't know... it was late and there were many Daytonas...

Our most gracious and generous hosts for the evening, Mr. and Mrs. Bongofury.

So much to see and do. So many gathering places. The bar, the bbq, the pond, sofa... Not to mention the countless hours spent in the kitchen cooking, chatting and sipping some of the finest cocktails! THANK YOU, Whale Rider, Bartendress Extraordinaire.. Daytonas.. My new favorite drink... Actually I think everyones new favorite that day!

Couldn't get to the Reverb Crashes or Keelhauleds. Just ONE of those and I woulda been face down in that infamous pond spot with GROG and Chongolio.

Loved seeing everyone that I've seen before. Met some new people and put a proper face to old names finally. Just cannot say enough about the Rincon Room, the party itself or the fantastic people that attended. Everything was wonderful.

Thanks again Fury's!!

Tonight, we will have a big feast. And then, at the end of the feast, we will climb to the top of the Big Woo, and you will jump in. Okay?

View Profile of TikiTikiBoom Send a personal message to TikiTikiBoom  Email TikiTikiBoom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 9:58 pm   Permalink

Whalerider

Tiki Bird/Mrs. Pug/ Lady Velour

Utopian Dream

The Gang

Me & Vontiki

What an AWESOME backyard!

What an AWESOME bar!

The Kick-The-Reverb clan

A Johnnie Velour bowl put to the test...

...complete with flame

Ha Ha Ha - you well NEVER EVER see this happen again

Al-ii and Sabu

Another shot of Atomic Cocktail stew

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cyntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 10:35 pm   Permalink

Our first ITD was like a dream. One from which we are still recovering. How can a 10 hour party go by so quickly? Started the day with daytonnas, smooth tequila shooters & margaritas ended with a reverb crash. We had such a great time and felt so welcome at the Rincon Room.
Onatiki, TikiTony and Bongofury have outdone themselves. You would never know the Bongofury's were working up till the very hour of the party. And still had enough energy to have fun and be the most gracious of hosts.
It was so great spending such a gorgeous southern california day in a beautiful tropical paradise with such quality folk. It's so great to see all you guys! (Missed a certain Onatiki & Moki!)

Thanks again for being our 1st! Wish we were still there! Maybe next year, an ITD weekend?

Now some pics.....

Nice t.....urd!

Tiki Hooligans

Hear no, See no, Speak no

Wahines with Huevos!

Another one for the Broken Mug Collection

The Tiki Twins snooze after a long day of partying!

[ This Message was edited by: cyntiki 2006-08-14 22:54 ]

View Profile of cyntiki Send a personal message to cyntiki  Email cyntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GlasgowTikiShakers
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-14 11:26 pm   Permalink

The Glasgow Tiki Shakers were in tiki heaven. Thank you so much Mr. and Mrs. Fury for including us in your celebration -- you two rock! We had such a fun time playing in your amazing paradise, meeting new friends and seeing everyone. Great party, great night. Big thanks to Polynesiac for another cool pendant, Tiki Tony for signing our print, all the bartenders and the BigTikiDude for our tasty chicken kebob, yum. TC peeps are party animals - hope to see everyone soon!

[ This Message was edited by: GlasgowTikiShakers 2006-08-15 08:37 ]

View Profile of GlasgowTikiShakers Send a personal message to GlasgowTikiShakers  Email GlasgowTikiShakers     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-16 01:32 am   Permalink

I did a few snaps myself. I hope I didn't miss anybody. I had so many.

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-16 3:25 pm   Permalink

Great Photos everybody, especially IKABOD, those nighttime tiki torch shots rule.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-08-17 08:30 am   Permalink

Great pictures everyone. Someone left some information on Scottsdale Arizona here. PM me and I will send it to you.

A dragonfly kicks off the party by landing on the old longboard in the loft.

The girls of Tiki Central

Atomic Cocktail,Vintage Girl, and Al-ii

Sabu and The Sperm Whale walk on hot coals while checking out the outdoor shower.

Whale Rider shows the boys how it is done.

TikiTony's entrance.

BealzaElvis steals a drink from Cyntiki.

PiPhiRo, Hiltiki, BealzaElvis, BigTikiDude, and Alan from Spongebob

Johnny Vs bowl party.

Vintage Girl hula's to the exotic sounds of the Glasgow Tiki Shakers.

Chongholio shows us how they handle their drinks NorCal style.

Mrs. Fury leads us in singing Happy Birthday to everyone.

Bowl Testing.

I told these girls it was my birthday too!

Thanks again everyone.....maybe my little brother Hurricane Vic will make it next time. Aloha

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimania
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-17 3:55 pm   Permalink

WOW!!! Looks great. I'm soooo sorry I had to miss this one. I had work the next morning. >:( bummer.
I hope there are more parties there soon! *hint*
I would like to see the new house in person. The photographs look great; thanks to those who shared.

-Kristena
(Tiki Tena)

View Profile of tikimania Send a personal message to tikimania      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-18 3:22 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

If you purchased a commemorative ITD necklace #15-25 and would like to have some nice black cord instead of what came on it, please PM or email me your address and I'll mail it out to you FREE!

We should have an ITD every month...I'm already jones'n to go back to your paradise!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-19 09:04 am   Permalink

Sorry for the late post. I want to thank Ron & Mickee for hosting such a great party!! Laura and I had a very nice time. I always feel so lucky see and have such a great time with such a fun bunch of people. I also want to thank Sabu and Bongofury for the classic Vinyl (I have been enjoying it in the "Blowhole"). Polynesiac did a great job on repro pendant of Tiki Diablos tiki for the Rincon Room. The food and drinks were yummy!!! Thanks to all the bartendenders. Anyway here are some of the pic's Laura and I took.

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-20 9:37 pm   Permalink

Congrats Bongofury to you and Mrs Fury, your yard is wonderful and it looks like it was a terrific party!! Amazing place !!!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-21 11:20 am   Permalink

That was a great party, the place is fabulous, we had so much fun. I'd like to thanks Mr. & Mrs. Bongofury for the hospitality. Thanks for posting the pics everyone.

Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-22 08:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-14 22:35, cyntiki wrote:

OK, I know there's gotta be a large lever next to this to bring it down on unwanted guests, right?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-29 4:01 pm   Permalink

Just revisiting these pics after seeing BongoFurrys contest post.
Man I miss that place, wanna go back.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation