FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace One-Of-A-Kind Tiki Mugs By Your Favorite Artists
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
One-Of-A-Kind Tiki Mugs By Your Favorite Artists
DaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 11:38 am   Permalink

As I get them in, I will keep posting these awesome one-of-a-kind mugs provided by my good buddy Holden at Tiki Farm for my Tiki Show here in Chicago. There should be around 25 total. You'll also be first to know when they go on sale.

Mr. G. *SOLD*

Amanda Visell & Michelle Valigura *SOLD*

Dave Krys *SOLD*

The Pizz $400

DvA Gallery is having it's 2nd Anniversary Saturday, June 17th and we are celebrating with another tiki party and show! We have another great line-up of artist and some new one-of-a-kind collectable mugs by our friends at Tiki Farm which are going to be hand painted by your favorite artists. As always, DvA Gallery events are free, open to the public and kid friendly. Food and appitizers will be provided and LIVE music by The Cocktail Preachers. Hope to see you all there!
www.dvagallery.com

[ This Message was edited by: DaTiki 2006-06-03 12:49 ]

[ This Message was edited by: DaTiki 2006-06-03 12:51 ]

[ This Message was edited by: DaTiki 2006-06-06 10:37 ]

[ This Message was edited by: DaTiki 2006-06-07 14:57 ]

View Profile of DaTiki Send a personal message to DaTiki  Email DaTiki Goto the website of DaTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 12:20 pm   Permalink

I have been wanting to get in on a tiki art show for the last couple of years, This would have been a good one. The idea (I have been painting mugs the last couple of weeks) and the mugs are and sound like a great happening. Tiki just keeps going up.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 8:11 pm   Permalink

Cool mugs

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 8:42 pm   Permalink

awesome mugs, david. i hope i can get my hands on one.

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 12:14 pm   Permalink

More Mugs!

Squid *SOLD*

Ken Ruzic *SOLD*

[ This Message was edited by: DaTiki 2006-06-03 12:50 ]

[ This Message was edited by: DaTiki 2006-06-03 15:21 ]

View Profile of DaTiki Send a personal message to DaTiki  Email DaTiki Goto the website of DaTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 1:55 pm   Permalink

Ha! I like it, great concept.
Funny how things come full circle. When I first met Doug Miller (now proud proprietor of Dug's Tiki Island in Kona) in LA ten years ago he showed me his mug collection and sheepishly pulled out some vintage mugs from an earlier art phase that he had painted. I cringed and he agreed that the pop colorizing was a mistake, and vintage mugs are way cooler in their original form.

Ten years later, the Tiki revival is in full swing. Unthinkable in the mid-90s, a slew of new Tiki mugs is being produced. Both, Tiki mugs and the new genre of urban vinyl designer toys are highly desirable collectibles. Designer toys are routinely altered and personalized by known artists in individual ways. It was a logical conclusion to extend this concept to virgin Tiki mugs. Congrats!

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2006-05-31 14:01 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 2:45 pm   Permalink

..for some years now i have been wanting to do a similar thing using unpainted elviki figurines...i threw the idea past david from dva and we may do aomething similiar to coincide with elvis's birthday or some related type event...again, each artist will get a blank resin elviki figure to paint or deco any way they want.....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tedtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 7:34 pm   Permalink

AArrgh! Oops my inner pirate escaped. I have to work that weekend. Maybe I'll send Savage Patty "North to Alaska". And when I say Alaska I mean Chicago.

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 7:45 pm   Permalink

more kool mugs

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 07:32 am   Permalink

Can't wait to see Flounder's work. Some artist like Tim Biskup can do a simple one hour painting that sells for thousands and then you have an artist like Founder that gives you a better quality piece for a better price. Plus he won best of show on his last something like this event.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 10:18 am   Permalink

You want Flounder???? You Got Him!! Amazing work as always. This is titled "Shag Fan".

Flounder *SOLD*

Mitch O'Connell *SOLD*

[ This Message was edited by: DaTiki 2006-06-03 12:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: DaTiki 2006-06-08 08:05 ]

[ This Message was edited by: DaTiki 2006-06-08 08:06 ]

[ This Message was edited by: DaTiki 2006-06-09 20:54 ]

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 11:22 am   Permalink

Flounder rocks!
Wish we could get more Tiki out of him.
Great thread DaTiki.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 11:30 am   Permalink

He is great. I'm lucky to have him at the gallery. He also did a tiki painting for the show so make sure to check it out when it gets posted. I think we're also going to do a show together next year too.

MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 11:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-01 11:22, Unga Bunga wrote:
Flounder rocks!
Wish we could get more Tiki out of him.
Great thread DaTiki.

Hey Kevin,
Good news! Flounder & I are working on a "RoboTiki" set featuring the following...
Hawaiian Ku in a Space Suit complete w/jetpack - mug
Marquesan in a Space Suit complete w/jetpack - mug
Rocketship w/Rarotongan little fellow peering through porthole - decanter

We're currently testing various glazes and anticipate a mid-late Summer launch.

Mahaloz,
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 2:41 pm   Permalink

Its a good thing that Flounder uses his powers for good and not evil!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation