FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Official Announcement of Hukilau 2006!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Official Announcement of Hukilau 2006!
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-02 10:03 am   Permalink

Billy Mure confided in me that he was afraid of Crazy Al and asked to be kept away from him.

Come to think of, I'm a little afraid of him too after watching him assault King Kukulele last year.

I'm kidding of course, this show will be monumental.

[ This Message was edited by: pablus 2006-06-02 11:55 ]

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-02 1:04 pm   Permalink

When I was a kid, I'd count down every year until Christmas.

Now, it's HUKILAU!
126 days 'til Hukilau!!!!!!!!!!

Hukilau, Hukilau!
Huki all the way!
Oh what fun it is to stay
Up-All night on the bay-AY!

Hukilau, Hukilau!
Huki all the way!
With I Belli Di Waikiki
And the hottiest Kili-KI!!

HU HU HU!
MER-RY Hukilau, children!!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-02 2:18 pm   Permalink

Shaka Y'all!

Save da earz & kurlyQ on da grindz Kalua porker… Traveling Jones to be flipp’n sand at da Hukilau!
...it's my first <gulp> time, please be gentle. <yak>

Flippity- fLip - fl0pping - flipPp!!!...

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-06-02 2:29 pm   Permalink

Booked! I don't know how I'm going to get up by noon on Saturday to go to Beachbum's seminar after partying all night but I'm sure going to try!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-02 6:14 pm   Permalink

Excellent, my plane ticket is booked! Looks like I'm flying into Ft. Lauderdale early on Thursday, but can only stay until Sunday morning.

I'm coming down by myself, so if anybody wants to split the cost of a hotel room or has an extra patch of floor, please let me know.

Mahalo!!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-02 6:48 pm   Permalink

Kiliki - Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou. Can't wait!

Finkdaddy -check your pm's
Formika - See ya there!

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-02 8:52 pm   Permalink

Woohoo!!!

My sweet Princess Kukana and I were talking just a few hours ago about how we couldn't wait for the info to start coming in. I guess I should've checked my email this morning.

Humuhumu! That is one great lookin', fast loadin' and impressively functional website! Mahalo!

I am SO counting the days!

[ This Message was edited by: Traitor Vic 2006-06-02 20:52 ]

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-03 12:40 pm   Permalink

Good news!
I have the suite at Bahia Cabana again on Friday, for a party until the sun rises.
Musicians, bring your instruments and vibes!
This will be even better than last year.
HUKILAU!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-03 4:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-03 12:40, Unga Bunga wrote:

Good news!
I have the suite at Bahia Cabana again on Friday, for a party until the sun rises.
HUKILAU!

I would love to be there Unga. Got room for a uke from Milwaukee?

I noticed on the website that for the Mai Kai show it says, "No Hukilau ticket required; drinks, dinner & show are purchased a la carte"

Does this mean that you have to pay for the show separately from the rest of the Hukilau stuff?

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ukulare
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-03 5:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-03 12:40, Unga Bunga wrote:

Good news!
HUKILAU!

I just booked at the Cabana today too and will be bringing my uke. Nothing I'd like to do more than strum drunken with a bunch of drunken strummers after the big party at the Bahia Mar. Any steel players coming?

View Profile of Ukulare Send a personal message to Ukulare  Email Ukulare     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-03 10:10 pm   Permalink

Ukelare, I'm so glad you and Bliss are going to make it down this year. Can't wait to see both of you again.

TJ from the Haole cats is a steel player. We'll have to get in on their post event plans.

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-03 10:11 pm   Permalink

JTD, I'm buying you the biggest Mai Tai the bar can muster up! You definitely deserve to have a few 'on da house' with what you went through a few Hukilau's ago!

See you there!

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-03 11:09 pm   Permalink

Ukulare -- Liz is right TJ (kanekila) is a steel player. I'm sure we'll get a chance to do some jammin'.

Josh
www.whollycatsband.com

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Karbora
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-04 5:24 pm   Permalink

How exciting is this........reservations made for Hukilau 2006! Congrats to Tiki Kiliki productions for putting together one fine schedule of events. An amazing spectrum of tiki history and talent. Every year I don't know what I look forward to the most.....meeting people, seeing old friends, or learning more about this tiki culture that I love so much. Looks like this year is going to be no different. Can't wait for the events to begin............

Karbora

View Profile of Karbora Send a personal message to Karbora      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-05 08:08 am   Permalink

Yahoo! Tikimama and I are booked! How exciting to get to the other coast

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation