[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Scooby Doo - Tiki Scare is No Fair
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Scooby Doo - Tiki Scare is No Fair
twitch
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-10 11:32 pm   Permalink

Hey! I just downloaded this off the net a few days ago, apparently ripped from the Cartoon Network. Turns out it was a bad rip and the sound was out of sync by around three seconds, which actually made it a hell of a lot funnier. Accidentally getting drunk at the same time didn't hurt the hilarity, either.

View Profile of twitch Send a personal message to twitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-20 6:50 pm   Permalink

Hanford & Humuhumu as Hanna-Barbera teens

We went to a Scooby Doo-themed birthday party this weekend that had a few tiki touches. It all went down at an old amusement park, where people were being scared by a sea monster: there were suspicious characters (including two ghosts that were revealed to be our own Futura Girl & C.B. Howlie!), clues & investigating, a chase scene, and finally a very dramatic unveiling of who the culprit was behind the terrible sea monster! It was pretty fantastic, I just wrote up all the details in an entry on my blog:

http://blog.humuhumu.com

And here's pictures from the event (read the blog entry first for the full story):

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/chriscartooncaper/

Zoinks!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-06-21 02:16 am   Permalink

Wow, that sounds like a great party. Being a big fan of bubblegum music, Saturday morning cartoon rock, and old amusement parks, it sounds like all of the elements were there for a very fun time.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-22 5:58 pm   Permalink

Yeah! I wish I could have seen that and been there. My wife said that "it sounds like my kinda party!"... I read your blob Humuhumu - it really must have been cool!
Yes, I said "cool" again. Great way to kill a thread!

[ This Message was edited by: tikigap 2006-07-09 15:24 ]

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kong-Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-16 5:06 pm   Permalink

The Tiki Hut from A Tiki Scare is No Fair is having a nice cameo in the new show, Scooby Doo Mystery Inc on Cartoon Network. The show itself is great fun, giving the characters some actual depth and with a lot of pop-cultural references. And the Tiki Hut is having a grand reopening in the episode The Wild Brood - a monster version of Brando´s The Wild One.

Enjoy these screen grabs:

View Profile of Kong-Tiki Send a personal message to Kong-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-30 7:12 pm   Permalink

Wow...Cannot believe most of the photos are dead, including mine! I will edit and re-up the photo that was there. Anyhow, I unburied one of the greatest tiki cartoons of all time, because I decided to finally be my favorite Scooby Villain this year. Everything was custom made and although the mask is currently a bit oversized, it is to be trimmed down and painted, after this Halloween.

[ This Message was edited by: Tom Slick 2012-10-30 19:24 ]

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation