FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts page 222! Art of Tiki exhibition Paintings and 8 new ones for a HAWAII ADVENTURE!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 Next Page )
page 222! Art of Tiki exhibition Paintings and 8 new ones for a HAWAII ADVENTURE!
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-13 7:00 pm   Permalink

Dang! I don't know what is more impressive the art created, the information you gather about your inspiration, or the time you spend creating it. The only time I can ever be that focused on one thing is when I am sleeping and even then I am dreaming in split screen. Very cool stuff Kinny, I dig the informative posts and knowledgies you drop. Always inspirational.

Chongolio

P.S All of a sudden I have hankerin' for eggs.

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio 2007-01-17 18:16 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-13 7:03 pm   Permalink

Yeah, set up a video cam, film one of these 16 hour jags and then compress it into a 5 minute avi file!
Thanks for these new guys - they will be of some use for an upcoming project I have in mind Very graceful and sinuous, unlike the originals which are a bit hobbit like for my tastes...

myspace

[ This Message was edited by: Paipo 2007-01-13 19:09 ]

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-14 10:10 am   Permalink

hey Gang!
Wow! Are you guys ever on it! Don't you all have things to do besides stalk around TC?Why ain't y'all out making art? Leadership by example-that's my motto!
Dawn,
Hello fellow artist!
Mahalos! Not sure if I could help you much with the dremel,being an amateur and all...Most of it is just getting use to the way it reacts to the surface-I'm a better scribbler than painter,so this just kinda fit right in! I get my inspiration from books, the world,looking at examples about the subject, then just doing studies and lettin' em go where they may! With the background reading, one knows where the subject has been,and with the outside-thinking artistic tendencies,the rest just flows! Not enough artists read and ,being ambassadors of our culture for this time-period, it's much better to have a feel about many subjects! It can only help the art! (plus gives ya something to do while on the potty ) )PM and we can chat about dremel stuff!
Jentiki,
Yup! all day Friday was a blur! It's almost like someone else is "driving".You must feel that way when you're singing.it's an ultra lucid state-when it comes to the work and the ideas,and you can block out the outside influences if they distract.I'm with you on the "Tangata Manu" as the favorite! i quite like "the Greeting" because of 1) the emotion it conveys,that apprehension right before physical and mental contact. I made them genderless just so it's all about 2 beings making contact,sharing an interaction. In tribal cultures, simple gestures and actions all have special meaning,almost instinctual, but also formed by their culture and history. when you do a theme with a more universal understanding, the simplicity of it can remain static or grow with many different levels of understanding and meaning! Whew! Dat was a mouthful! sometimes, I just get so excited to share the magic and also learn that we all, to some degree possess this weird spiritual condition! Can't wait to have you visit the Cave someday! Seeing all the other work and all the other subjects tackled helps people understand how much I'm wired for this and not very good at much else!
Thanks again for being amazed!
JPmartdog,
Dynamic attributes? wow! That's a mouthful! I think I got the long-hours focus from the Marines years back! Pollock and I differ in that he used alcohol to create...that's for writers! Coffee sure helps! A joint once in a while never hurt either! Thank you for the stoke!
Chongo!
Eggs! Glad I can inspire you as much as you inspire me! A big cheer for us Poor, Sad, World Famous Local Artists! HipHip Hooray!
Paipo!
Glad you like these! I'm posting some of the other sketches below to inspire you! I'm with you on that squatty hobbit vibe of the rock carvings! They do look cool where they're carved all over a bunch of rocks,tho! And I admire the effort and movement the originals exude,but a sketchbook is a lot easier! I'm very curious about your upcoming project.....
well, here's the other sketchbook entries, so nobody can say I was fabricating....

Very Sinuous indeed! basically, just a felt tip marker or sweeping brushstrokes to get the pose, then you nail it down with the blackline!

I'd like to do some more paintings with these...
Oh! as an afterthought,here's a page of these Birdmen culled from a few of the sketchbooks from the past few years...This is also a page from my "about 500 Tikis" collection of sketchbooks! I still have a few of those and the coloring books left. They'll sure to be worth a little more after my tragic death!

Tell me your favorites and I'll churn 'em out as paintings on some future date!
Mahalos to y'all!

[ This Message was edited by: little lost tiki 2007-01-14 19:08 ]

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-14 1:19 pm   Permalink

These look great man! Look like you had a rum infused session yourself!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-14 2:08 pm   Permalink

LLT,~you are sooooo darned productive! You are a freaking fountain of fabulous art! Thank god too cause I can always copy ...er...get inspired by your million plus tiki designs! The Bird Men are very cool! You exploring the bird-man cult from Easter Island? Have a great painting Sunday! aloha!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-14 8:07 pm   Permalink

Hey LLT,

When you gonna take your dremel and ruin that surfboard you just did??

Ever hear of an artist in HB named Mike Roberts??

He, you, you he, could go freakin nutzo on da foams!!

Bamboo Ben
Tiki Bars I've designed/built. TikiCat, Royal Hawaiian, Kona Club, Frankie's Tiki Room, Pacific Seas, Don the Beachcomber,Forbidden Island, Kon Tiki Tucson, Tiki No,etc....

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-15 7:49 pm   Permalink

Hello Hewey!
No Rum-infusion! lots of coffee,the quiet of the studio,a lil' reading, some lunch, a nap, and a couple tokes was it! Booze is for Mug Collectors and writers,not creating Visual Arts!
Brad!
We have a mutual inspiration pact, I'm just keeping my side of the bargain!
Yes, I have been on an Easter Island jag for the past week in a Hardcore fashion! These sketches will do quite well when I start on another 5 footer! So when you gonna start on the bubbles in that Sunken Tiki painting? Bubbles are the funnest part of underwater scenes because you can visually record the movement of a few seconds back! Lovin' the one you're working on and can't wait to see the next ones! You really need to bust out a 6 footer, just to get it out of the way!
Ben,
No Way am I gonna chip into the surfborg! Chongolio gave me a beauty of a board when he visited! that's the one I'm gonna tackle! Dave said it is a big MESS, so I'll just bring it over to your workspace to work on it! he also said that the foam sticks to your skin! (and probably lungs!)
Never heard of Mike Roberts-introduce us!
I showed at Brophy's Sea Monster Ball with a great talented guy Phil Roberts...
could he be the one you're talkin about?
Anyways, thanks for lookin! Here's what I worked on yesterday in the garage/home studio...

Very chilly yesterday, so I just went semi-deep with the grooves and stained it up for painting later!Here's the sketchbook entry...

and here's a detail....

It also looks cool upside down too!

i like this one because,even tho it's just one of those cheesey decorative paddles
you hang in your Swedish kitchen, the shape translated perfectly into the image
I wanted to portray!Yay! Yippee! Gotta go!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook and now Instagram under Ken Ruzic
AW Jeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-16 5:34 pm   Permalink

L.L.T., You know I love those new Birdman painting you did. Hopefully one day I will be able to get my hands on one, but knowing how much they will be loved , it will be hard.
But those painting, they give me an idea

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-17 09:51 am   Permalink

I'm often scared of your ideas,demented TeaKey, but if whatever it is turns out as beautiful as that Doug Horne Monkey, then all should be well!
Hey I just posted the true colored glaze medallions for the mugs at

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=20932&forum=12&start=60&69

Go check 'em out if you haven't seen 'em! Thank you kindly!

Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-17 1:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-14 10:10, little lost tiki wrote:

Tell me your favorites and I'll churn 'em out as paintings on some future date!

---

Kia ora Kinny.

*Sure, Ill take the opportunity to punch in some co-ordinates for ya... Im really glad your head is on E.Island at the moment; such an interesting place & unique arts.

My picks from your workbook pages are both from the last page you show: I like the 'huddle' of Birdmen (Manutara?) & the 'Man-Bird'? (with the head of Moai Kava-kava). The bird-headed men & the man-headed bird are such different creatures but somehow of the same family - weird. A bit like the Sneetches..?
Your birdmen also have an angelic feel. I know we're not supposed to discuss anything too deep but Ive noticed you arent afraid of religious imagery. They definately appear to be in 'veneration'...

Im sure the surfboard will be a show stopper when exhibited. Be sure to let us know if/when it happens.

Love your stuff. Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-17 4:19 pm   Permalink

I would have to say with the birdmen, or should I say birdwomen, that your style got really sharp. The ones at the bottom were your first and you tried many different ways to show them. These one look more like the bird men and some like the bird men's birds. And now on your later bird, the ones near the top, you like that style a lot. You struck with the style and you can see bits of it in the other birds, but not fully. Evaluation

It would seem like the newest birds are female birds. Small hands , small feet and slender arms and legs. I too think that these birds are very nice, your best. Why, cause they portray love and grace, and comfort. It like heighten tiki and heighten human qualities. And the strange thing is, is that a real "birdman" in the past could have only been male. And they embodies all the male traits that are 180 degree from these slender new birds.

I really like the last bird paintings but your next step, the next level would be doing a large painting like the "pineapple king" with the birdmen, make-e-make-e and the ruins of fallen Moai.

I got my eye of you, are you even lost anymore?

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-17 4:49 pm   Permalink

Love those drawings Ken.
Slow down man, your like a factory.
Maybe I should just get off my ass.

The Art of Doug Horne
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DougHorneArt

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-23 12:02 am   Permalink

Hello TC and welcome to my 500th post! Wow! Do I ever feel like a loser...
When I think of all the time I could have been painting instead of posting.....
Anyways,we've got a lot of art to see from this last week so my replies may be a bit brief,but we can elaborate upon them later!
Tama!
Definitely doing the "huddle" in my big future Orongo Village painting! You'll see some more figure studies in a minute! The man-headed bird stuff is rarer,but they do kinda fit! Maybe I'll put Stars upon Thars! The angelic feeling could be attributed to the sweeping flying strokes I use when laying out the initial pose....or not! I'll certainly give you a shout when the next show is! It would be great to see you there!
TeaKey!
Very observant Einstein! Sometimes I'll try a study,then drop it for a few...Usually,after re approaching the theme,stuff you've picked up on your journey spills out and gets it exactly how ya want it! That's how this series happened at least.....The bird men women people all have the same slender delicate features to kinda make them lighter,give them some gracefulness,and such. Even tho they may look delicate, they can still rip open a forty with their beaks! As for the real birdmen being only male....then where do little birdmen come from? A factory?
Anyways, thanks for the observations,tho, I'm still lost! I kinda like it that way!
Hey Doug!
Maybe you should get off your ass! Actually, if i can inspire great artists like yourself to create more and push yourselves to the limit,even if it's thru guilt, then my work is done!
Okee!
Now it's onto the art!
First off, the finished Dremelled Paddle-no name yet!....

Next, the finished painting "The Greeting"
I added some RongoRongo glyphs to give it a flat stage-like feel!

More studies for the big Orongo Village piece...

and a fun old volcano one just for giggles!

And...besides finishing Dave's birthday present(I'll post after I give it to him)
and painting up Biffachu's HUHU mug(for spot/sep services for the medallions)
I also got some work done on the "Revelation 6:13 with Moai" piece!
Just clouds,but check 'em out! OOOOOOH! TUMULTUOUS!

and some details....

Weeeeeeeeeell,it's 12:06 and I got woiks tomorrow! Thanks for sharing my 500th post with me!
I'll go off like this around the 1000th post too! If I don't croak of exhaustion!
Good Night dear Friends!Yawn!

[ This Message was edited by: little lost tiki 2007-01-23 08:42 ]

JenTiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-01-23 12:28 am   Permalink

Well Ken, it looks like your 500th post is one of your best yet! I loved "the greeting" before, but now! The gold touches make it absolutely wonderful! I'm blown away by the simplicity and grace of the studies, especially since I now know how quickly you do them! As for the clouds...tumultuous indeed! Not a storm I'd want to be caught in! And the volcano does look like it was a lot of fun!

Congratulations on your 500th post! I, for one, am glad you didn't waste it on one of those other threads

P.S. - nice fruit basket

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki  Goto the website of JenTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-23 08:31 am   Permalink

WOW, Ken, I am Really Stunned!. I have a Sore ass from Kicking myself in it for the last 30 minutes while going thru your thread! I don't spend NEAR Enough time in This side of Creating(Dammit, there goes that foot again@#*^%$&%$@(*) and really mad I have missed so much of your works. Your birdmen.women.children, are really blowing my away and the "Ancient One" is Really great! The Ancient ones visit me all the time and I've NEVER Seen what they look like and Now I have an Image, I LOVE it.
Since I have been on a Moai jag here recently, (same as everyone else) (the work of the Ancients I suppose??)your images seem very important for me. Look for similar beings on future carvings of mine IF You don't mind!
(There goes that foot again!!)
Thanks for sharing your heart and soul with us here on TC!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation