FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Crazy AL's Tiki Gallery Mug Collection:New Mugs! Sneak Peek pg..33
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
Crazy AL's Tiki Gallery Mug Collection:New Mugs! Sneak Peek pg..33
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-18 10:10 am   Permalink

great thing about glazes... the reds turn green, the browns turn blue... i think that gray one will be mellow yellow...
hope at least one looks fantastic so the production machine can start billowing out toxic smoke!
more! Better! faster! CrrracK!! (the sound not the drug you...)

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2006-07-18 10:11 ]

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-03 11:50 am   Permalink

here's the edition of 100 color For Tiki#2, available starting in Long Bch on the 18th.

An Antique Ochre, It's a burnt orange with yellow highlights and blue gray shades.
Looks like it works ok....

here's another look at the sculpt for #2... seems so long ago... last week was it?

ol' Tiki#1 was a bit of an experiment in R&D...... there is only one #1 mold right now and each cast gets allot of attention. There will be every few available in LB of those able to make it out. But Your orders will be talken at the Tiki fest to assure you get one of each if you wish.

I'm still formulating the launch of the #1 and #2 mugs, so stay tuned

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-08-03 6:18 pm   Permalink

GROG look forward to having a nice tasty tropical beverage in GROG's mug.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Karbora
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2006-08-03 7:36 pm   Permalink

Nice design and detail Crazy Al. The tapa design is a big WIN!

View Profile of Karbora Send a personal message to Karbora      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-03 9:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-03 11:50, crazy al wrote:
An Antique Ochre, It's a burnt orange with yellow highlights and blue gray shades.
Looks like it works ok....

For The Love Of God Al!
Don't come out with this mug.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-03 10:12 pm   Permalink

Blue Grey Shades?????

I love you man!!!

Arrrr!!!!

p.s. anyone have a connection with Grecian Formula ??!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-04 07:19 am   Permalink

[quote]
[i]On 2006-07-14 00:13, crazy al wrote:[/i]
How many of these mothers can i make before Aug.18th???
[img]http://www.tikimania.com/TCpost/mugs_06/al_green.jpg[/img]
i've created another monster... lots of clean up on three parting lines...
[img]http://www.tikimania.com/TCpost/mugs_06/greens.jpg[/img]
no walk in kilns here.....
[img]http://www.tikimania.com/TCpost/mugs_06/bake.jpg[/img]
more! Better!! FASTER!!! mush! mush!
[/quote]
Hi Crazy Al! These NEW mugs are the 'Dogs Bollocks!'. The detailing is so damn fine! You must be 'chuffed to bits' with your new sons? They will grace the finest of collections and hopefully find a prime place in my more modest one! How much talent is one guy allowed? I'm sorry to say I think you may have been allocated by share of talent by mistake! No chance of getting it back I guess? Keep up the awesome work Crazy Al!

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-08-04 09:36 am   Permalink

Here ya go Ben.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-04 9:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-04 09:36, GROG wrote:

Here ya go Ben.

I'll take Grey anyday! The brown makes my head look even bigger!!!! But, "hanx" ( Sham??) for the formula GROG!!!

C'Al stopped by today with a truckload full of molds for his mugs and the mold dude did a rubber/silicone casting of one of them and I suggested that he put it up on eBay for any of you Fetish Tiki Freaks out there. It's rather big and blunt, but siliconie and rubberie. I'm sure there's at least a few of you TC'ers into this type of stuff!

Might be a collectors item!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 10:32 am   Permalink

one! Two!! THREEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Finally! Here's the final glaze for #1!! an 'Antique Olive' glaze technique that i personally developed and only available through Bone Productions!!

It's very rich and obscure... this glaze thing is though to figure out when you don't know what the hell you are doing..... not to worry, all non-toxic glazes are used. That's the hard part. All the really cool glazes can kill you I guess.

Ol'#1 goes into production next week!! And many folks opted to buy #2 solo so there is quite a few more #1's available to purchase. Thanks to all who helped me out buy ordering the #1 in advance with just a half-ass sample to look at!! You are the greatest Support!

There are less then 40 mugs available for #2.........

now available to public...BUY NOW!!!
http://www.tikimania.com/docs/ALmug1-2.html

ANnnnnnnnnnnnnD!!Drrrrrrrrrruuuuuuum RoooooooLL! Cymbal! CRASH!!!
#3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well, a glaze sample anyway... I've yet to name it or nail it.

The King is "10 inches tall" Oh'my! and holds a wap'in 28oz!!
CrazyAL Tiki#3 "King Tiki" sculpted Ten Years Ago in October......."21st Century Tiki Show" 10/04/96

a note from Otto V.S.
"In 1996 I co-curated "20th Century Tiki" at La Luz de Jesus Gallery. It was the first Tiki art gallery show ever and spawned many others around the country. The success of that show and the publicity it generated sparked the current Tiki art movement. Meanwhile I had met Crazy Al and had been following his career as a creator of miniatures and a budding Tiki carver. It is no accident that Al's inclusion in that show has led to his 10-year retrospective happening at La Luz in October. His obvious talent and singular creations makes him stand out from the crowd."

I hope to see you all on another Fri in Oct. at La Luz, Oct.13th, where Tiki#3 Mug will debut at my retrospective show.
http://www.tikimania.com/docs/ALshow.html

Spacial Glazing, Resin Bone and War Club Miniature add-on's... I'm still working out the kinks and pricing.... I think my Bone is two Big... or at least to Long.....might need a trip to the Rabi..

Don't knock Holden till you walk a mile in his 'Chon-es'... making cool crap is slow go and frustrating. But worth it!?!
I think a just paid out a record for a 'per-price' on production. Why do people look at you cock-eyed when you ask them to make it look like the original sculpt......?
Creating a tiki mug that looks like a 'tiki' and not a 'mug' is a bitch, at least to make it some what affordable.

here's a sneak peek at ebay to come.... Custom KINGS!!!

Thanks again for the support.

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2006-09-08 10:43 ]

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 10:44 am   Permalink

CAn number two be bought on its own. I guess I don't see where to pay for or the price.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 11:47 am   Permalink

click the banana/coconut paypal button that says "AM02A Edition" next to it.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 11:59 am   Permalink

the king rocks! gotta get a custom king. i dig the name, too!

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
smgleason47
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 12:24 pm   Permalink

I was lucky enough to see a test glaze sample of this #3 mug at the Long Beach Tiki Fest and let me say that it is huge and it is incredible. Feels soo substantial in the hand. It looked awesome, and that was before the installation on the bone nose and war club. I am sure the finished version is gonna be bad ass.

Gonna have to display him separate from the rest of my collection - I would hate for him to get in a bad mood and kick the crap out of all my other mugs.......He is one BAAAAD BOY!!

View Profile of smgleason47 Send a personal message to smgleason47  Email smgleason47     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
net-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-08 12:26 pm   Permalink

I will take one of everything, oh wait i already am getting one of everything. I think that #3 is just arrrrrrsome when can i get all the different versions of that.

View Profile of net-tiki Send a personal message to net-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation