FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Desert House pics 12 and TreeHouse page 19
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
Desert House pics 12 and TreeHouse page 19
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 2:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-05 04:07, Tamapoutini wrote:
Kia ora Amy. I was in the neighbourhood so thought Id pop round for a cold one. Sorry I took so long to get here but in a way Im glad; it looks like all the hard work has been done & the result is fantastic! What an amazing place to live and entertain! Have the nieghbours gotten used to the concept yet? Throw them a good party & all will be forgiven Im sure!

Great collection of carvings etc. You live it!

Tama

Hi Tama, thanks, next time you come to the mainland, stop by and have a drink We are very happy with it, all the neigbors came this weekend except the mean one, oh well. All is good and happy in ramyland

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 2:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-05 07:24, TikiDot wrote:
I love it!!!!! The attention to details really shows. What a great place to hang out and have a party. I thought the pirate and treasure chest were a great addition too!!! Your place is awesome!!! Such imagination!!!!! Any future plans???? I'm trying to convince my husband we need a volcano off of our patio. He is finally getting use to my crazy ideas.

Hi TikiDot, just do the volcano! My husband was the same, and now he loves it. we started piece by piece and have been building on the yard for over 4 years.
I believe its the detail that makes the magic, I saw old people pushing their hands in the treasure chest ! lol....

Yes, I have another project, trying to talk Ben into coming back out when it gets cooler. It's too hot now.

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDot

Posted: 2007-06-06 04:54 am   Permalink

Can't wait to see what the next project will be!!!!

View Profile of TikiDot Send a personal message to TikiDot      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-07 10:19 am   Permalink

Cheese & Crackers! AWESOME! Way better than my ship! I got some great ideas, though. So maybe my ship can be kinda cool! If the Mr would just get with it; we have the wheel, Jacob's ladder, rope ladders, nets. All in a pile in the garage. Maybe now the Mr will get motivated! Sweet ship QK!!

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-07 11:20 am   Permalink

That is really cool! I love the way the side of the ship is "broken" open. Fantastic work!

http://youtu.be/7HTCkZXaA

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-11 7:51 pm   Permalink

WOW, what a great playground you have! I wonder if I can talk the wife into letting have my own playground.

Congratulations!

Mahalo,
Tikitatt

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-01 08:22 am   Permalink

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us&q=palm+desert+weather&btnG=Search

Couldn't be nicer weather to start another project in

RAYMYLAND !!!

We draw with our feet in the sand and wave our arms around in the air starting this Mon. ( going green and not wasting any paper aka plans, this time!

Keep an Eye Out !!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-03 01:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-01 08:22, RevBambooBen wrote:

Keep an Eye Out !!!

oooooh, cant wait for more goodness from you 2!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-26 09:25 am   Permalink

Our original plan got kinda squashed by some asshole neighbors so we had to go with something simple.

Named it the Queens Hut. ( hence the white)

(The original plan was going to be a 3 story tiki tree house.
Down with the man!! Man!! )

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-26 09:36 am   Permalink

.....forgot the Pool Hut.

This was done a while ago. The door handles are from the Kahiki. The structure was original from Rock Hudson.
(I only can imagine what he used to keep in there!)

p.s. The (Tiki) Tree House might live after all. In the mountains near the Idlewild Tea Company............

(as if Amy is not busy enough with running Shelby....she now get's hooked on Tea!!

I wonder if she'll do a Tiki Tea??

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-26 1:44 pm   Permalink

I remember hearing about the treehouse waaay back...damn shame is hasn't happened (yet). Amy, you're a visionary! Hopefully you get some free time to pursue your carving again soon.
One thing that has always puzzled me with these structures - what happens when it rains? Or does it never rain out there?

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-26 6:07 pm   Permalink

Paipo, I live in the same desert as Amy (about 70 miles to the south) - it only rains once or twice a year here.

Amy and Ben, absolutely fantastic! I may have to steal that red ropelight trick. One of the things I like best about TC is that someone is always doing something wild, when I show things like this to my wife it makes my ideas look tame in comparison and then she lets me go for it

By the way Amy, "eccentric" is not a bad thing!

PS - I showed my wife, she thought it was cool but I don't think I can talk her into one.

[ This Message was edited by: maddogmike 2008-05-27 08:50 ]

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-27 4:49 pm   Permalink

Good God! I wish I had your incredible motivation. Great, unique, imaginative work.

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Zen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-28 06:09 am   Permalink

More photos! I feel like a kid in a candy store every time I visit this thread.

View Profile of Tiki Zen Send a personal message to Tiki Zen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-28 09:51 am   Permalink

I agree...it is like a fantasy. NICE!!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation