FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Desert House pics 12 and TreeHouse page 19
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
Desert House pics 12 and TreeHouse page 19
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-28 05:30 am   Permalink

Enjoy a summer of cool drinks in your cool digs.

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mooney

Posted: 2009-04-28 05:50 am   Permalink

Sorry I'm so late to the game here, but...

WOW!!!!!! What a beautiful backyard and being able to have all those natural tropical plants and trees really makes me want to move south or west.

Anyway, help a North Easterner out with the hazards and pleasures of sand in the backyard Tiki adult playground. I want to create a similar atmosphere and use sand instead of grass around the Tiki area. I really want to use sand since real tropical plants and trees are not really an option when you get lots of snow in winter HATE IT!!!

Is it a pipe dream to use sand in my area of the country, and how about ongoing upkeep and how do you deal with the "critters" that like to play and do their business in the sand?

Sorry to hijack, but thought you all might be able to shed some light on the subject since you are living the "sandy life".

Thanks in advance,

Mooney (in the Tropical void of PA)

View Profile of mooney Send a personal message to mooney      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rikitiki

Posted: 2009-04-28 11:41 am   Permalink

Queen K , that truly is an amazing backyard that I too have admired for a long time (even before the bar move ) . Sorry as well for the hijacking but , in response to Mooney , tropical plants in PA are not out of the question . As long as you don't mind a little work each fall and spring you can enjoy tropicality in your locality a good 4-5 months each year ...
( I am not too far down the road in the decidedly untropical paradise known as Boiling Springs)

[ This Message was edited by: Rikitiki 2009-04-28 11:45 ]

View Profile of Rikitiki Send a personal message to Rikitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mooney

Posted: 2009-04-28 11:49 am   Permalink

Rikitiki,

I guess you're as close as anyone here is going to get to Dillsburg. That is a beautiful little PA Island you have in Boiling Springs. I'll PM you if you don't mind for more information so I don't keep hijacking this thread.

Thanks Rikitiki!!!

View Profile of mooney Send a personal message to mooney      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-28 12:29 pm   Permalink

End the hijacking, please

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-28 12:31 pm   Permalink

Back to the subject of Amy's beautiful backyard (since it is her thread) --when you have a chance, Amy, it would be great to see the latest pictures of your backyard paradise. Hope you're enjoying it to the fullest.
Aloha!!
John (Pupu)

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-28 12:42 pm   Permalink

Rikitiki, thanks for the help, your Yard is amazing and doing it on the east, I know that means a lot of extra work, I happen to like the look of grass and the tropical plants.In the desert, it is hard to maintain all that grass, so I opted for Sand and crushed granite over most of the areas. The crushed granite is very hard and clean and easy to maintain.

Mooney, sand is great, I suggest you buy "beach sand", its finer and better on your feet, I would cover it in the winter and would put down 6-8 inches of it for a soft walk.

John, I will post all updated photo's of the whole yard again in about a week or so

Thanks all again for the nice comments!

Amy

[ This Message was edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2009-04-28 12:43 ]

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KreepyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-28 11:31 pm   Permalink

Amy -- I've seen your backyard before and been impressed and charmed by it -- especially the bridge and that waterfall!

But seeing what's happened recently (with the magical help of Benboo Bam) had me floored!

WOW! Genuine tropical Paradise in your own back yard! (Can I come visit?)

I guess I'm out of the loop on this, but what city DO you live in? I gather, from what I can glimpse beyond the equatorial lushness of your own parameters, that it's in a desert region.

And, lastly, when you take more pics, could you please try to grab some of your place at NIGHT or twilight? The one you did post back on one of the early pages of this thread looked really gorgeous, but, with all the newest additions, it must now look like a veritable tiki wonderland at dusk and after!

(And thanks again for your appreciation of my Paradise Cove Lounge!)

Cheers & Mahalos

View Profile of KreepyTiki Send a personal message to KreepyTiki  Email KreepyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-07 12:59 pm   Permalink

KT, I am in Bermuda dunes, out in Palm Desert. And I promise to take pics, I promised John as well. I will try to get some night shots too!.

Amy

[ This Message was edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2009-05-07 13:00 ]

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-07 2:42 pm   Permalink

Woohoo! Looking forward to it, Amy! Thanks
(Hope you're having a nice time in the desert--I'm guessing it's pretty hot there right now)

Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-27 11:30 pm   Permalink

Hi Amy, are you back yet?

Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-02 10:16 pm   Permalink

sigh........bump

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 08:35 am   Permalink

Pu Pu,

Go to Ca. Events once in a while.....

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=31807&forum=17&94

.......Lot's of pics of all sorts of stuff!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 1:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks Ben (and Amy). I didn't mean to sound whiney
Sounded like Amy was also going to take some pics for show and tell when she had time. I'm guessing Amy's been busy with life and I was just bumping to keep it alive.
The link you posted has some great pictures of your always-inspiring work being thoroughly enjoyed by a bunch of fun people. Doesn't get any better than that. Thanks for posting that.

Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-13 12:03 am   Permalink

Hi Amy, have you had a chance to take any official show and tell pics?
Patiently anticipating

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation