FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Desert House pics 12 and TreeHouse page 19
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
Desert House pics 12 and TreeHouse page 19
Gibbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-20 2:56 pm   Permalink

Now that is very, very cool guys...many thanks for sharing the pictures, can not wait to see the end results. Imagination and ability equals Amy's backyard...wow.
Cheers,
Gibbo

View Profile of Gibbo Send a personal message to Gibbo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-20 3:27 pm   Permalink

Pirates and Tikis can be mixed!
All it takes is one bent genius!
great job!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-20 4:06 pm   Permalink

Grog, VampiressRN, Gibbo, Little lost tiki, thank you for all the kind words. The yard is a true labor of love, we have been working on it now for 4 years. I am not really sure what drives me to design the things I do, but I am blessed to have a friend like Ben who can make ideas and dreams become reality.

Thank you all again, I will get pictures up of the finished ship next week

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-20 4:54 pm   Permalink

Incredible - you probably had the best yard I've seen anyway, and now it's got even cooler. I'm so jealous of you dry-climate dwellers!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-20 5:01 pm   Permalink

A pirate ship in the backyard - how cool! I want one! A very nice yard just got nicer

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-20 5:28 pm   Permalink

holy smokes what a backyard, booben and Amy do great work. I am sure Ben took great pleasure in strapping one of my carvings to the boat and having his way with it
cant wait to see more pictures. Amy keep an eye on Ben if he cuts his leg of with the chopsaw and inserts a wooden peg where his leg once was you might have problems getting him to leave your backyard. raaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-20 6:22 pm   Permalink

Every Halloween, there is a house (in Vallejo, California) that decorates their front yard in Pirate. They have a huge ship(similar or larger than yours Amy) and they make it into a haunted shipwreck. They have neon glow in the dark paint on the ship and it looks very eerie, plus they have a fog machine blowing fog up and all around the ship. They have masts with torn blowing in the wind sails. Of course they are flying a pirate flag and they have skeletons dressed in pirate clothing all hanging on and shaking around on the deck and masts and the wheel....of course with jugs of rum. Chests opened and pouring out jewels and coins. They play spooky music and pirate songs and have a strobe light on it so at night it looks like it has crashed in a storm. I will try to get a picture of it this year...it is one of the best Halloween decorations I have ever seen.

I think Pirate and Tiki are definitely a good match!!!

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2007-05-20 18:23 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-20 6:40 pm   Permalink

COOL Cool Stuff Amy, What a Fantastic place to have a shipwreck! Tell B-Ben though,that you can't mix pirates and Tikis, they stay up too late and they have UGLY Kids.
Bene More Excellent stuff,, Where do you Find it man?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-20 7:41 pm   Permalink

MAhalos everyone for your thoughts!!!

It's strange how it works. Maybe it's ESP or something.
People give me general ideas, kinda like the scribbles on napkin theory in Spinal Tap,( you's shoulda seen the scribbles for Queen K's Head Hunter Hut last year that we did the morning after APE at the catalina Tiki fest.......) then my brain gets fixed on a vision, and, it just happens! We met last Monday and basically drew the ship out in the dirt with my foot. Queen K drew a picture for me a while back but I thought it would be better if there was more open space inside for people and stuff, bands, etc. It worked out pretty good. For some odd reason, there is always 1 thing that doesn't work out on my jobs. This one was the mast idea I had. But we figured it out and it will be cool. Out the door at 5 a.m. to hoist the mast and get rope splinters!!!

Friggin in the Riggin!!!

Arrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

BooBenBam

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-20 7:54 pm   Permalink

Hewey, Thank you for the compliments, It is a labor of love....

Keigs20, Sorry, I hope you are ok, Your tiki guy was the right size, the right look, just the perfect Mast head. Ben didnt mutuilate it, he just cut a "V" in the back to accommodate the hull. Your statue has the place of prominence now

Vam, Would love to see that halloween set up, I always wanted to be one of those holiday display people but I never have the time. When it done, we will have the barrels, treasure chests, pirates, etc.... I just am waiting for ben to finish it....

paipo, Thanks, The yard is more then I would have thought possible. Sometimes when you draw it, you never think it can look that way, but Ben has taken my ideas and made them even better, but I have seen many a great yard on this site, many were the inspiration of parts of my yard.

Benz, THANKS, It is really turning out better then I had imagined. ben is fantastic. He and I work well together and he "see" the vision I have which is great. He also makes it better then it ever could have on paper....lol . Next time your out, you have to come visit

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-20 9:45 pm   Permalink

Amy I am just given Ben some trouble. I really like the idea and am honored to have one of my carvings at the mast head. Email me some pictures when your done if you can, for my scrap book.

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-05-21 07:07 am   Permalink

Awesome. I can't wait to see what else is going to happen!!!!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
morbidboy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-21 2:01 pm   Permalink

That boat is the coolest thing EVER!

View Profile of morbidboy Send a personal message to morbidboy  Email morbidboy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 6:46 pm   Permalink

Tarzan like! Can I swing from the Crow's nest?
Someday I may have one of those in my backyard. Take my lawn out and fill that area with sand. Build it there, but need to find a way to keep the cats out. Electrical fence perhaps, HARRR! Walk the plank ye scurvy cat!

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 7:08 pm   Permalink

Keigs, Thanks, it really has a place of honor, I will take pictures for you this coming weekend for your album. Thanks again for understanding

Polynesiac, thanks, Actually Ben and i were already discussing the next project, but we will wait for cooler weather, it's a 100+ and when we did the bar it was 110+.

Morbidboy, thanks, not sure coolest thing ever, but it is cool...lol

Jungle Trader, let the cats come aboard, they eat the mice.... My beagles hung out all day Saturday on the ship.

Thanks all, My neighbor told another neighbor friend that "I was building a Ship" and he was sure I needed a permit. This neighbor has reported me dozens of times,The bar, the pond, the island, the parties the parking, etc... so far the architectural committee has just sighed and moved on. There is no way I am taking down the ship.....lol

Amy

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation