Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Strofoam supplier
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Strofoam supplier
Lingam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-10 06:28 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-09 22:23, Gigantalope wrote:
a chain of stores called TAP plastics makes a two part foam originally developed to pour in the hollow recess of fibreglass boats. Once you mix them, it turns mocha colored, and foams then turns solid.
http://www.tapplastics.com/

I belive it's a urathane base...

the nice thing about it is you can plan how much you need...by the volume of the container you pour it into.

It's messy as hell to carve, but gives a pretty good volcanic stone look.

Thank you. That might be an option for me as well. I suppose building the form and using that to foam the form would be straight forward. Kinda like the Monster house fireplace.

View Profile of Lingam Send a personal message to Lingam  Email Lingam Goto the website of Lingam     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lingam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-12 06:33 am   Permalink

It was mentioned using the blue foam from home depot or lowes. Is that a good medium to work with as far as styrofoam goes? I am also interested in anyone that might have a good mixture for concrete/mortar to use on the chicken wire frame. Thanks

View Profile of Lingam Send a personal message to Lingam  Email Lingam Goto the website of Lingam     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation