FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Crazy AL Tiki !?! New stuff of old stuff? pg.19
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Crazy AL Tiki !?! New stuff of old stuff? pg.19
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 6:09 pm   Permalink

now if i could only figure out this f'n HTML thing... my paypal button has a mind of it's own...

i even took the bottom AM107C link off the bottom of the page and saved it so there was
no AM107C in the HTML... and the AM107E link still went to AM107C... now how the
f does that happen?????? stick with wood and clay...

you guys have the goods i want/need... so... hmmm.... wood stone for clay??

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2008-06-05 21:06 ]

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-18 6:52 pm   Permalink

Crazy Al, It was Truely great seeing you again at this last Hukilau and your latest mug was just Unbelievable Over the top. It's good to hear you have been working a good bit too! HappyHappyHappy.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-07 11:47 pm   Permalink

So here is what Carving in Hawaii is like...
CrazyAL Tiki #146 "Keeper of Pleasant Dreams"

http://www.tikimania.com/docs/bt_146.html

Thanks to Chongolio, the best Hawaiian bud ever!! i saw the local night life and did not get my but kicked by the locals and got the tiki finished and a ride to the airport!! here's his handy work

here is what 8 days of carving coconut wood does to a brand new flex-tool i got with my stimulus check! maybe i should have stopped long enough to sharpen it occasionally.

so it was not all work... here is one of my first tiki creations from 1996 finally seeing it's birth place???

eat your heart out Bamboo Ben...

from hiking the Na Pali cliffs on the north side

to body surfing the Na Pali cliffs on the West side

fun stuff

these fine rocks where arranged everywhere so i joined in the fun with an arrangement of my own.

somewhere... i can't seem to find it... is a pick of me in this exact place 35 years ago...

except for the last day the work day ended like this

NICE!

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2008-09-09 17:18 ]

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-08 12:32 am   Permalink

VERY NICE!
Looks like a brief crazy creative journey!
"Keeper of Pleasant Dreams"
the way it looks in the firelight...
magical.....
and you got to see chongo?

your chess set rocks...........hard!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-08 01:03 am   Permalink

What a Pleasant visit from the , I mean THE Tiki KING! Nobody does it BETTER Al and I mean No One.
SWEEEEET!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-08 01:54 am   Permalink

Well, I met C.Al for a brief 2 seconds at this years Hukilau and he looks as hot as his work. Crazy? Nope don't think so. Fun, it just drips out of him. You got to love the men who just aren't shy about any thing. The best carver, party animal, great dancer, musician, etc. What else you got under that belt of yours?
OH, wait a minute I don't remember you wearing a belt!

Come on Al, put up some photos of your latest creations.

View Profile of tikipaka Send a personal message to tikipaka  Email tikipaka Goto the website of tikipaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-08 10:00 am   Permalink

Good times Brah! It was a blast hangin' with Al and watchin' him do his thing both carvin' and on the dance floor. It was a real treat to have a snorkel buddy at Tunnels beach and drinkin' partner at the Tahiti Nui in Hanalei. Go to Al's Site to see the video that we put together of him carvin' the days and nights away in Kiluea.

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-08 10:24 am   Permalink

So when is the mug due out??

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-08 11:13 am   Permalink

Absolutely, undeniably beautiful, Al!

And why wouldn't it be.... a Crazy Al creation done in such amazing environs!

The Tang is crisp and clean! Love the detail work including the tiki holding the hammock knot! And all that on a vertical log.
Thanks for the pics and video Randy, and Al thanks for brightening a rainy gloomy day here!

Al, hope to see you this weekend in San Diego!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Savage Daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-08 11:54 am   Permalink

Damn I'm so jealous of you! Do you ever do anything that's not awe inspiring?

View Profile of Savage Daddy Send a personal message to Savage Daddy  Email Savage Daddy Goto the website of Savage Daddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-08 5:38 pm   Permalink

Ditto! Friggin' jealous...Al, you can never say you didn't live a good life!!
Da Kine!
I really, really, really, really need to get to Hawaii... and to drink with Al and Chongolio!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-08 6:49 pm   Permalink

The only thing harder than trying to work out how to carve this well is trying to express why your tikis are so incredible. I love the 180 twist on the totem concept, and the reasoning behind it. Ben is right - nobody does it better! Thanks to Chongo for the masterful lenswork too!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-08 7:54 pm   Permalink

Excellent!! Sounds like a great way to spend a vacation.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-09 5:40 pm   Permalink

there are to many carvers kicking ass these days to take all these kind words for myself ... thanks folks

i was to spend 8 days in the beginning carving and then mess around for four days on the island after... but I'm glad i reversed my plan because it took four days of staring at the leaning pole to figure out how the guy on top would not look like he was going to fall of Tangaroa...

i was scratching my head over this and then notice i had the world's best level off in the horizon... w/ the clear view of the ocean, i could at least get him sitting level. Then i had to carve him like a stack of poker chips divided into his head, chest and legs... each segment was gust pushed off center a bit.

it was a bit off here and bit more off there for a while, but he really looks like he might sit there for a some time... in the wettest place on earth, Kauia, who knows how long that will be.

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2008-09-09 17:43 ]

Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-09 5:44 pm   Permalink

Just watched the time lapse video Chongolio did of the carve. Amazing footage. Glad you had a fun, working, vacation. The stuff you do is top notch.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation