FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Crazy AL Tiki !?! New stuff of old stuff? pg.19
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Crazy AL Tiki !?! New stuff of old stuff? pg.19
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-31 06:48 am   Permalink

Al, Love to see you post your work here as you're Still the BEST in My book. Every piece you carve is another treasured bit of Art for the Tiki World to see and admire. Love your Stuff Man!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-31 07:20 am   Permalink

nice article in the Tiki Mag!! I see you started carving the tiki about the same age I did... that was great to learn!! there is hope for me yet!!!

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2009-08-31 07:21 ]

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-31 09:30 am   Permalink

Wow Al, I LUVS ME SOME Kaneokekai! Inspirational!!!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-31 10:35 am   Permalink

Your cuts are so crisp and deep. Always a pleasure when you share your work!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-31 10:49 am   Permalink

Always love your carvings Al, but number 159 is really really really purdy.
Is it remotely possible that even YOU are getting better?

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-31 1:46 pm   Permalink

AL although I love your carvings between your bare feet and your flip flops I am concerned for your toe safety! Good thing you know how to work a chainsaw

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-31 1:59 pm   Permalink

Nice pics - great tips. Thanks!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-31 3:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-31 10:49, congatiki wrote:
Always love your carvings Al, but number 159 is really really really purdy.
Is it remotely possible that even YOU are getting better?

Thanks!! Those are very kind words, but really, it's just taken ten years to find a person here and there that will pay for the crispy niceness... other wise I'm screwing off doing everything but carving... so not a lot gets made.... 159 was a sold chunk and i put a little extra elbow grease into it on top of what the client asked for, thanks for noticing!

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-02 9:35 pm   Permalink

You a sick mo-fo! The carves are looking incredible.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-02 10:19 pm   Permalink

Al! I swear I just saw one of your tikis in a scene from the DVD MILK. Harvey Milk's being interviewed with Josh brolin and Milk's ex-boyfriend is watching it on TV . They pan slowly across his apartment to reveal a sqwinty eyed tapa lipped tiki that is either yours or a copy of your style. Can you confirm???

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-02 10:54 pm   Permalink

C'Al, simply the best!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-02 11:26 pm   Permalink

Rocking the summer of '09, Al!

Nice chops!

Good to see ya at Oasis this year, keep up the stoke!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-03 08:39 am   Permalink

#159 'Kaneokekai'
solid squat
a bunch of mana squooozed into that lil stump!
Too cool!

Chainsaw carving on a ladder with flip-flops!?!?!?!?
you ARE crazy,Al!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 12:52 pm   Permalink

Bump!!!

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-19 12:56 pm   Permalink

Well, I always say Happy Birthday! a day late so it doesn't get lost with all the other accolades...
So, HAPPY TENTH BIRTHDAY!! to The Third APE Tiki and the First Palm Wood Tiki carved for APE on 9-18-99!!!!

http://tikimania.com/docs/bt_ape3.html
The FIRST palm wood tiki was carved ten years ago yesterday!! and to commemorate I whacked out MINI_APE!

another replica for the CrazyAL Gallery Line of mugs!! An APE Shot! first of many I hope....

LIMITED TO 50!! then I brake the mold!
to get this guy looking right, but functional! I gave him a bit more on the top end

then I started whacking at it!! with a 'blade' that was about the same size-proportion as the axe that almost 'competently' sculpted the original! ten years to the day.

my hope was to finish the face in the same amount of time the original set lasted at 'Planet Tiki'! Otto's first major official tiki-event!! about 30 some minutes!! then because they were running late.. frick'in Otto pulled the plug on APE in the middle of a song... or at least as we started a song... we wanted to finish our planed set! and I, my tiki. as it was I basically finished!

and was able to put about 9-12 detail 'chisel' marks before being booted....!

The back of the mini-sculpt took twice, if not four times, as long to sculpt a pretty decent representation of the actual palm tree bark texture...

The full story of these first two guys will be in the winter issue of tiki magazine... till then, I'm going APE taking a shot! at APE-3!!

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2009-11-11 08:22 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation