FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts THOR asks for your HOME SPUN TIKI BAR CREATIONS to inspire new series!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
THOR asks for your HOME SPUN TIKI BAR CREATIONS to inspire new series!!!
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-21 07:04 am   Permalink

Neither can I Benz!!! Let's hope all the pieces come together. Hey, just got back from taking my oldest daughter to Comicon in SanDiego..the Comic Convention. What a crowded MESS..but fun!! Anyway, I have been away from here for a bit.

Benz, I just saw your mugs!!! GREAT STUFF!! We all need to start mug trading in here!! I have a few coming out with tiki farm AS well..I will let my good friend Hoden announce that when we are closer to release. I am going to go back to your thread on the mugs... Have a great weekend!!

~~ Tom

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-22 08:33 am   Permalink

Ok "Ya'all" ..after being distracted to other projects and the building of the newest Thor Stor in Honolulu, I am back on this painting full swing. Here are the latest drawings. As I mentioned, I am calling this "Trader Hic's".

You can see that the idea is that EVERYTHING is made from stuff found on a farm in the middle of nowhere. More ideas welcome!! This is a line drawing that I will refine and plan lighting sources, etc. It will have a very low lit "tiki bar" feel. Outside it will be dusk, cool violet sky, inside warm colored lights. Even the "pickled egg lava lamp" will glow a warm yellow orange.

Note the "Tiki's" that will be lit to look more "Tiki'ish" in the painting made of farm tools , buckets and wash tubs. I need more ideas on lei's ..I have some made of corks on strings. Max, suggested some farm grown vegetable lei's..like a carrot and spud lei!! HAaaaa I will definitely incorporate that!! I wonder what a necklace with a carved tiki from a potato might look like??

Anyways..all ideas welcome. I am on this now for the next few weeks....

Aloha!!! THOR

OVERALL VIEW OF "TRADER HIC'S"

"MAKESHIFT MOAI TIKI AND TOOL TIKI'S"

"Farmer's "Parit" and "Mu Mu" or "Kau Kau" with Hawaiian islands markings....with the help of a little whitewash in the right places of course! Also, note the "Coconut Palm" made of strung up tin cans, moose antlers and bowling balls.

"HULA FARM GIRL(hearty stock),with bucket bra and hay and chicken wire skirt. "HOT WATER BOTTLE AND TOOTHPICK BLOW FISH DECORE" "SORD FISH"(mispell intentional)... made of a steak knife tied to a catfish mounted on a plaque seen partly in lower left.

"PICKLED EGG JAR LAVA LAMP" with guy sneaking an egg, girl with sunflower in hair..both have "Mai Tai's" made with old milk bottles, canned pineapple rings, canned punch and rum. Bottles will have tiki faces painted on.

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-22 09:16 am   Permalink

Nice! This is gonna be so cool when painted up! You definetely can never be bored while you paint,as you can move from element to element.Great work! Being raised in Danville Illinois,this brings out a little of the hick in me! Thanks for showing us the goods!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-22 10:03 am   Permalink

You bet Lil' Lost!!!

Lemme know if you have any additional thoughts based on your mid West observations!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

~~ THOR

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-22 10:31 am   Permalink

not enough pigs.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-22 10:47 am   Permalink

I like the bowling balls as coconuts.

Maybe a basketball net tied at the bottom and a ball in it as a "fish Float".

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-22 11:33 am   Permalink

whoa! (very humbled)

Can't wait to se it take on color and shading.

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-22 12:09 pm   Permalink

Thanks MC!!

I am giving the lighting a bit of thought. It should almost look like a regular Tiki bar for a few seconds at first glance.....uplighting and colored lights. Hay attached to chicken wire will give the "thatched" feel that frames the piece...

Thanks you all for the other ideas too!! I will see what I can fit in!!

THOR

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-22 9:19 pm   Permalink

Hey Thor!
I'm a farm boy from Nebraska, an I'm digging the new painting idea! That Moai with the shovel nose - brilliant! I can't even fathom how many light sources this painting is going to have! Here's another idea. Oil drum cut to be a tiki, with a fire inside it.

K. Angel Pilago (Hawaiian Elder & my personal Yoda)
[img]http://tikiroom.com/img/5514x538c224a.jpg[

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-22 10:31 pm   Permalink

Well TikiShark, LLT and me (Kansas born and raised) is all comin' to help our pal, even though he ain't kin and most likely, a city slicker banker type. But that's just how us midwest boys is.

ThorBob, you ain't got no danged corn cob leis in there. What the Hell's amatter with you boy? Definitely from Californee.

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-22 10:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-22 10:31, pdrake wrote:
not enough pigs.

Hey ThorBob!
I second that! More pigs is always good. Don't matter none what yer paintin' is about. Could be the Moanin' Lisa, whatever. More pigs = GOOD. Jes listen to that there Pea Drake. He knows. He's got the smarts real bad.

Also you kin make a tiki outta one them old-timey gas pumps with the glass globes on top. We did it all the time. Fer real. They light up real good with Premium.

Yer paintin' is lookin' like a Spike Jones/Homer & Jethro acid trip. Yup. Speakin' of music and such.....

So ThorBob, ain't there a juke box er sumthin'? Howzabout at least a band or a fiddle player? I don't see no washboard neither and a feller could play one a them. I done it plenty a times, while croonin'. Got my first wife that way. But I cain't tell ya how I got rid of her. The cops would be here lickety-split.

I ain't criteekin' too much am I? Us midwestern boys just want to help out. Even you Californee city-slicker banker types. Yup.

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-23 05:47 am   Permalink

Well bust my city slicker britches!!! I wake up to more TRULY country bumpkin banter!!! GREAT STUFF!!
LOVE your work , by the way, Tiki Shark!! Love the sketch here too!!! I was considering this idea for another painting in this series. It will be a "Military Tiki bar"...made in the desert sands by a group of or guys and gals tolerating the heat in Iraq! I am assembling ideas for that painting. One of which was an oil drum with a fire in it and the face of the Tiki "shot" into it. Now you have me tempted on this one!! I will see if there is room!

Squid!... My Lord! Your hillbilly hijinx had be on the floor!! Corn cob lei's!! How could I miss that!!...and OK, OK..MORE PIGS and I will see if I can squeeze in a band. Lordy be..this piece has got more ingredients than a pot of grandma Clampet's hillbilly chili!!

Pdrake... Got the pig thing!!! You said it first! Maybe one in the bathtub outrigger enjoyin' the hose water for starters...and I am wondering if I should make the heavy set farm gal dancing with a pig that has a skirt too?? ..or is that getting ridiculous??

Great ideas everyone!! Thanks for the help!!!

~~ ThorBob

boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-23 07:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-22 21:19, Tiki Shark Art wrote:
Here's another idea. Oil drum cut to be a tiki, with a fire inside it.

Like this one?

-Duke

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-23 08:05 am   Permalink

WOW!!! VERY COOL!! ..or HOT rather!!!

Great lookin oil drum Tiki!! Now I need to get out my 44 ruger and shoot a tiki face in a rusty drum like this one!!! Anyone have ideas for a name of a makeshift Tiki bar in the middle of the desert in Iraq?? ..the something Sands??

It will be like the little bars they made in Nam or the bomb shelter pubs of WWII but out in the semi open air. I think there are Date Palms in Iraq to create the palm feel... Gotta use military vehicles too...Hummers and trucks. Grenades painted will make great pineapples. Camo netting adds fish net feel.. If anyone has ideas, lemme know. I am not ex military. I have a call into some Military buds in Honolulu hoping to get ideas from them. I am ahead of myself already..gotta get this "Hic" one done first, but feel free to add ideas to this thread for when I get to it. It will be the next painting.

~~ Thor

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-23 11:16 am   Permalink

Oh, I get the cow, now! It's got the map of Hawaii on it! Being from the Midwest eyes a bit slow at times. Cows do get all kinds of funny looking markings on them like islands and such. Why I emember one when I was a kid it sorta looked like...

(actual photo)
K. Angel Pilago (Hawaiian Elder & my personal Yoda)
[img]http://tikiroom.com/img/5514x538c224a.jpg[

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation