FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » THOR asks for your HOME SPUN TIKI BAR CREATIONS to inspire new series!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
THOR asks for your HOME SPUN TIKI BAR CREATIONS to inspire new series!!!
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-22 8:37 pm   Permalink

So, are you really locked in a room painting, like Mo Eye's thread claims? Will we get to see any in progress of Trader Hicks? I still am trying to figure out where your light sources will be... I'm dying to find out!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IMQTPI
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-12-23 12:54 pm   Permalink

Howdy Thor!

Is it too late to play?!!

I love your idea... I was an Ag Major (Yep - I even learnt how ta change the oil on a combine!). I spent a coupla years living on my grandpa's old farm (in Utah - Not Kansas!)... I love the BAR'N TIKI idea. I started thinkin' about some of the "stuff" we had on the property: Old farm implements and a positively ANCIENT tractor (Don't recall the exact vintage or "make" - but it still ran, amazingly enough!). Had I been into Tiki at the time - I prob'ly would've tried to construct *something* out of the stuff that was strewn about the property!

So... Here is my "very rough sketch" of a Tiki Mask made from an old tractor grille.

My "inspiration" came from
www.tractorshed.com - a photo of an old 1949 Farmall Tractor - which wasn't TOO far off from what we had on the farm!

Not sure if you can do anything with it - I couldn't figure out how I'd make a "mouth" for the thing! But I figured I'd at least TRY to contribute!!!

Hope it's not too late!

-Nancy AKA IMQTPI

View Profile of IMQTPI Send a personal message to IMQTPI  Goto the website of IMQTPI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-25 8:20 pm   Permalink

NANCY!!

GREAT idea!!! I am prety well into the design, but will add this if there is room later!! You are a natural at this!!! Thanks sooo much!!! Happy Holidays!!

~~ THOR

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation